Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: D1 Field of 64 Projections

1. Default Re: D1 Field of 64 Projections

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Brian, trying to make sense of how Indiana State's RPI is so highly ranked. Their schedule doesn't seem like anything special, but they have gone on the road/neutral 29 (20-9 record) times vs 12 (11-1 record) home games. Is that the main factor (along with winning obviously)?
    It is a combination of 1) winning 14 road games 2) only losing 1 home game 3) playing only 12 home games and 4) playing a schedule that has a number of teams with good winning percentages (regardless of the teams' respective RPI rank). The RPI ranks of their opponents is less important than the above.

I said earlier, Indiana State is the post-child for overachieving w/respect to RPI. They are not nearly as good as their RPI says. This was true last year as well.

Brian

2. Default Re: D1 Field of 64 Projections

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    It is a combination of 1) winning 14 road games 2) only losing 1 home game 3) playing only 12 home games and 4) playing a schedule that has a number of teams with good winning percentages (regardless of the teams' respective RPI rank). The RPI ranks of their opponents is less important than the above.

I said earlier, Indiana State is the post-child for overachieving w/respect to RPI. They are not nearly as good as their RPI says. This was true last year as well.

Brian
    Flip side is I don’t feel Cajuns RPI is representative of who they are. Based on RPI, they are a 4 seed.

Field performance alone, feel like this team is a low 2/high 3. When look at schedule, it’s a shame how Wright St turned out. Don’t think that could have been predicted.

But was scheduling both Rice and Tulane at home the mistake, considering the teams (while potentially good for a fan draw) are currently down programs?

Default Re: D1 Field of 64 Projections

Question for Brian... Is OWP (and OOWP) calculated straight up... i.e. home/road losses all equal one. Or - does OWP weight home/road wins/losses, like a teams own WP (1.3/0.7), in that calculation?

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Question for Brian... Is OWP (and OOWP) calculated straight up... i.e. home/road losses all equal one. Or - does OWP weight home/road wins/losses, like a teams own WP (1.3/0.7), in that calculation?
    I’m not Brian but I think the answer is no. OWP is opponents records minus games against you. OOWP is opponents opponents records including games against you.

And road/ home doesn’t factor

Cajuns adjusted record is currently 29.1-14.2

6. Default Re: D1 Field of 64 Projections

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Only the WP component utilizes home/road weighting.

Brian

7. Default Re: D1 Field of 64 Projections

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I’m not Brian but I think the answer is no. OWP is opponents records minus games against you. OOWP is opponents opponents records including games against you.

And road/ home doesn’t factor
    Precisely to all.

Brian

Thank you both!

10. Default Re: D1 Field of 64 Projections

I guess on a positive note, each of these sites posted here do have us in somewhere.

I’ll say it again. Get past #1 and it’s all down hill from there. Lamar first round could be fun.

Oklahoma is not a host in my opinion. Lamar swept them in Norman.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Could be hosting LA Tech in the supers
    Keep playing sound baseball and we can do really well.

4 | 36

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    Flip side is I don’t feel Cajuns RPI is representative of who they are. Based on RPI, they are a 4 seed.

Field performance alone, feel like this team is a low 2/high 3. When look at schedule, it’s a shame how Wright St turned out. Don’t think that could have been predicted.

But was scheduling both Rice and Tulane at home the mistake, considering the teams (while potentially good for a fan draw) are currently down programs?
    I read the first paragraph and thought we were at borderline 2/3 seed eye test team.

NDSU 20
    Iowa 14

Baseball not football!!!!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information