Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Those are good points. I think you are looking at it as credits that are transferable for graduation, where I am coming at it from the ability to be eligible immediately.

I certainly don't know the NCAA rules, but based upon how lenient things have become, I would guess that as long as the athlete was a full-time student and eligible at time of transfer, they would be (in most cases) eligible at the new school.

NCAA has abandoned any real graduation concerns.
    Makes you wonder what’s next: can play any amount of years as long as one is enrolled?

Getting to know a player over a 3-4 year span is no more. This make it hard to root for college football.

NIL and college football may not end well. In the end, 32 teams may be able to afford this, all other will not participate at this level. These kids are creating a market where they may not have a place to play.

Outside of the top 32-64 programs, everyone else may not see NIL as a worthwhile investment without the guarantee of TV money.

The juice is not worth the squeeze.

Good times

We knew we were going to lose our coach eventually, but with the new NIL and transfer portal it seems like the worse time to have a whole new staff is now. Losing key player after key player.

G5 is done. It’s merely a minor league now and will act as feeders to the P5.

Our coaching staff needs to get to work the honeymoon is over. Time to earn their pay I understand the players we are losing is beyond their control but darn start recruiting someone other than a kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Our coaching staff needs to get to work the honeymoon is over. Time to earn their pay I understand the players we are losing is beyond their control but darn start recruiting someone other than a kicker.
    And how do you know they are not?

we have entered a paradigm shift. Time to re-think about how college sports is done post 2020. at some point in a few years or maybe a decade, fans/players and the like will only know of this way to operate. It wont be a negative, just how it is. whoever is best at navigating this changing structure will stay competitive( whatever form that takes). those who cant will die on the vine.

So let's this straight, we lose Billy. Billy proceeds to take 25 or so of our coaches and support staff.

We then lose our best offensive player (torrence)
    a starting offensive lineman with huge potential (waites)
    Our best wide receiver
    Our top 2 running backs
    Our best corner, potentially best defensive player (garner)

This offseason sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    So let's this straight, we lose Billy. Billy proceeds to take 25 or so of our coaches and support staff.

Our best wide receiver
    Our top 2 running backs
    Wiates I don't think started.

Our best wide receiver
    Our top 2 running backs
    I believe, for the most part, the players entering the portal are not because of Napier leaving. Not saying for every player, but it will be interesting to see where they wind up. I believe most of these would be entering the portal because of the NIL even if Napier were still here.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    And how do you know they are not?
    please point out whom we are bringing in I'm tired of all the secret squirrel crap I can look at who's coming in a kicker please prove me wrong and tell us all who's coming in. All we see is who's leaving please tell me this trend don't bother you. It bothers the heck out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    I believe, for the most part, the players entering the portal are not because of Napier leaving. Not saying for every player, but it will be interesting to see where they wind up. I believe most of these would be entering the portal because of the NIL even if Napier were still here.
    All about the money. Education is out the window.

Our best wide receiver
    Our top 2 running backs

It will also be interesting to see how many receive offers from other schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    please point out whom we are bringing in I'm tired of all the secret squirrel crap I can look at who's coming in a kicker please prove me wrong and tell us all who's coming in. All we see is who's leaving please tell me this trend don't bother you. It bothers the heck out of me.
    The kicker is coming for a try out.

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 38 ... LastLast

Thread Information