O 23The SwampArkansas State*
    O 30  
    N 06The SwampNorth Texas*
    N 13The SwampTroy State*
    N 20Monroe, LALouisiana at Monroe*
      New Orleans Bowl

*Sun Belt Conference Game
    **Designated Conference game

All home games played at "The Swamp" (Cajun Field) (31,000) located in the University of Louisiana athletics complex

LOUISIANA SI

Man, does this schedule set up nice for UL or what?

BIG year comin'

The sleeper is awakening

Default Football Schedule :>(

Why is it when I look at our schedule it feels like we are taking a step backwards.

Over the past years we have played South Carolina, Arkansas and Houston to within a TD of winning.

We talk about bring in a higher calibur of player. We are not going to do that with a lesser schedule.

I don't mind a 8-3 season knowing we have lost against BCS schools for they are the ones we want to play in bowl games.

It seems like we have lost a whole decade since we were a known school with a TEAM.

UL Football

Hey, Trig, it's all about turning the won-loss record around. We need to start winning games. We do take on K-State this coming year, so that will be a toughie. Also, we are at LA Tech, plus we have another 7-8 games vs. SBC teams. That doesn't leave too many other games in an 11 game season. I too am disappointed we don't have a home game against a BCS-caliber team. Instead we have Northwestern State, who I'm sure will give us all we can handle, but don't even have that D1-A cachet to help sell tickets. I think a lot of that is due to to all of the conference instabilities and the changes to NCAA regs. Well, I just say let's take advantage of the schedule and get a BIG increase in the number of W's in 2004. Hopefully that can include a trip to the NO Bowl as well!

UL Football schedule

Even with all of this carping about "no BCS teams", or "no name schools" on the home schedule, we will average more fans next year than any year since the Delhomme years. Book it.

Right now, I'm not worried about BCS wins. We've got some paybacks to take care of. Tech,ULM,UNT

PAYBACK TIME

Did you ever think that NSU was the only school available to play. Remember schools like Memphis, Tulsa and all those schools we played in the 70's and 80's will play us but on their terms and that means no return visit. I am new at all this email stuff but if I hear anyone wanting to play mickey neese anymore,I will vomit. Let's not do any favors to the school that help bring the name change down in 1984 and as for as LSU is concerned, I don't care if we ever play them again in anything. I would rather play Alabama than LSU. My feelings.

LSU in '06. Be there.

UL Football

Originally posted by USLJIM
    Did you ever think that NSU was the only school available to play. Remember schools like Memphis, Tulsa and all those schools we played in the 70's and 80's will play us but on their terms and that means no return visit. I am new at all this email stuff but if I hear anyone wanting to play mickey neese anymore,I will vomit. Let's not do any favors to the school that help bring the name change down in 1984 and as for as LSU is concerned, I don't care if we ever play them again in anything. I would rather play Alabama than LSU. My feelings.
    Thank you USLJIM, I love that word, vomit! It says it all without any pretense.

9. Default

Originally posted by USLJIM
    ...I am new at all this email stuff but if I hear anyone wanting to play mickey neese anymore,I will vomit...
    I wouldn't object to a game in a 12 game season. For me if a game with McNeese happens so-be-it but I am with you the active pushing for such a game should not be on the front burner.

I wish we were playing NorthWestern on Thanksgiving Day.

Anyone going to make the trip to Ruston?

I know my father will.

i do subscribe to the theory that to be the best you have to play the best...but i like this schedule. we need to post an 8 win or better season and win our conference before setting some higher goals, and we have a chance to do that with this schedule. The New Orleans Bowl would be a big first step. What I like about this deal is that we have a win-able conference and a guaranteed bowl if we pull it off. That could put us in a situation where we might be the only other school in LA besides LSU that is playing in a bowl game. Something to build on.

12. Default

Originally posted by ATXCajun
    i do subscribe to the theory that to be the best you have to play the best...but i like this schedule. we need to post an 8 win or better season and win our conference before setting some higher goals, and we have a chance to do that with this schedule. The New Orleans Bowl would be a big first step. What I like about this deal is that we have a win-able conference and a guaranteed bowl if we pull it off. That could put us in a situation where we might be the only other school in LA besides LSU that is playing in a bowl game. Something to build on.
    I agree, we need wins. Winning cures all (attendence, recruiting, name recognition, etc..) We can play aTm, Kansas State, etc...until the cows come home and maybe even come up with an upset here and there but what does that do? What did it do for us in 96'? What did beating Michigan State do for LaTech this past season? These upsets get your school in the paper for a week(if lucky) and a brief spot on Sports Center. On the other hand look at UNT. They have posted back to back winning seasons, had 3 straight trips to a bowl game and gained national attention each time. This has improved their image and quality of their recruits and their home attendence. Does anybody off the top of your head remember who UNT played in 2002 and 2003 for their OOC games? But I bet you remember they had winning seasons. Just because WE feel and see that we are improving does not mean we need to go schedule Texas, Miami (FL) and Florida State for our OOC games. Maybe one day but that day is not here yet. Again, we need continued improvement which means a winning season and hopefully a Bowl game.

i would hope that fans/people who come to the football game, came to see the Cajuns! but maybe not, i'm sorry you guys, how foolish of me to think that, i know most come to see the B I G name school " a la," BCS; for me i'm going to see the cajuns, i don't care who they play i support the cajuns, i let the coaches handle that, they know what they are doing and i trust they will do what's best for this football team, what we need now more than ever is a competative schedule (which it is), get back to winning on a regular bases, and get to the bowl game.
    my suggestion to you (if you are a cajun fan)is, don't be too concern with the schedule, we are having 5 home games, i happy. come on guys, get on board lets have some fun and cheer on "THE CAJUNS."

Our Schedule is like it is because other conference schools have a schedule already made out and the conference schools have to take what is offered. Example. Why are we not playing Utah, Think about that one. Why didn't we play Arkansas State last year. Because this conference has no balls when it comes to enforcing rules.

You're probably right,Hound, but UNT did play Oklahoma this past season. I think they also played a couple of other "name" schools, but I can't remember.

Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information