Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 12-team model leads the College Football Playoff change

UL Football 12-team model leads the College Football Playoff change

Ragin' Cajuns Re: 12-team model leads the College Football Playoff change

Top 4 seeds bye to the second round, 8 teams play into it. Have the top G5 school with the best P5s from each Conference. Sounds like a pretty good next step to me.

3. Default Re: 12-team model leads the College Football Playoff change

I'll take it.

Default Re: 12-team model leads the College Football Playoff change

I wish the higher rank conference champions in the eight would get home games but the big boys don't want to play at UL, Cincinnati or any G6 schools.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: 12-team model leads the College Football Playoff change

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I wish the higher rank conference champions in the eight would get home games but the big boys don't want to play at UL, Cincinnati or any G6 schools.
    Got that right. G6 schools still get treated like $h|t. Wouldn't be fun any other way... 🤨

A playoff without all D1A/FBS conference champs is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyP View Post
    A playoff without all D1A/FBS conference champs is worthless.
    Agree 100%

Give all conference champions a bid. That would make conference championship’s worth it!

They're never going to give the G5 five spots out of a 12 team playoff. There should be a push for 2 spots though.

5 P5 conference champs
    2 G5 conference champs
    5 at large

If you aren't in the top 2 G5 champs or the top 5 P5 at large, you can't make any claim you deserve a shot at the championship. Easy.

Sources tell me & @ByPatForde that the CFP working group is recommending a 12-team playoff: 6 highest-ranked conference champs & 6 at-large.

The 4 highest-ranked champs get a bye while other 8 play 1st-round games on campus.

Long way from done, but this is the recommendation.

This is huge for us

12. Default Re: 12-team model leads the College Football Playoff change

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    This is huge for us
    Changes everything for us. Depending on how TV contracts happen, we have a legit opportunity to be a national power (non traditionally speaking), keep Napier, and play for a national title.

Let it marinate..

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Sources tell me & @ByPatForde that the CFP working group is recommending a 12-team playoff: 6 highest-ranked conference champs & 6 at-large.

The 4 highest-ranked champs get a bye while other 8 play 1st-round games on campus.

Long way from done, but this is the recommendation.
    Well, the plus is ONE seat at the big boy table amongst the G-5. The negative is more slices of the pie for the big boys.

I would not be surprised there would be a caveat about the 6th conference champ having to be ranked in the top 10 or some bs like that. When there is money involved, I don't trust the CFP brain trust.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Well, the plus is ONE seat at the big boy table amongst the G-5. The negative is more slices of the pie for the big boys.

I would not be surprised there would be a caveat about the 6th conference champ having to be ranked in the top 10 or some bs like that. When there is money involved, I don't trust the CFP brain trust.
    Lol that would suck, but if they do this proposal all teams actually have a legit shot to make the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Top 4 seeds bye to the second round, 8 teams play into it. Have the top G5 school with the best P5s from each Conference. Sounds like a pretty good next step to me.
    Amen!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information