Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: QB1

Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Let me rephrase it. I was told he struggled to learn the playbook.
    No one learns plays anymore. Everything is based on concept. That's why players use wristbands and large play call cards on the sideline. Laughable.

2. Default Re: QB1

Or they learn plays

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    No one learns plays anymore. Everything is based on concept. That's why players use wristbands and large play call cards on the sideline. Laughable.
    I see you have never played football before. A QB has to know what every single player is doing on each play. A wristband and play call cards doesn’t list that. And those wristbands and play call cards can't read defenses when the QB then has limited time to think on the fly to audible the play.

I see you have never played football before. A QB has to know what every single player is doing on each play. A wristband and play call cards doesn’t list that. And those wristbands and play call cards can't read defenses when the QB then has limited time to think on the fly to audible the play.
    Exactly. Even in flag football. This guy has never even played football or even flag football(which is huge with youth now) What an idiot. Does he even watch football closely? QB is the most tough position to play in all of football. Takes intelligence, athleticism, studying, gifted talent, reading defense, tough men to take the heat kinda player.

JMO: I feel like any of the three mention QB can get us 6-8 victories next year. BW is the better pocket passer but struggles a bit when moving out the pocket, Fields is deadly outside the pocket but struggles to see the whole field when forced to stay in the pocket, and Zeon has a small sample for us to judge him on but it is very encouraging. I still wish we would give LL a change but we are utilizing his talents so I'm good with it. I hope they all get better as we move forward. I'm not sure if I would want a grad transfer or a normal transfer as it might ruin the team in the long run.

Levi Lewis taught me a lifelong lesson when it comes to back up QBs. I was never a Lewis fan as a football player. I felt like his passing game was weak. But the New Orleans bowl last year had me re-evaluate my feeling on Levi. I now know there wasn't a QB on our roster that could have taken us to 13-1 last year except for him. I also realize his strong point was his leadership and how smart of a football player he was just look at his stats. When I watched him give away the MVP trophy at the NO Bowl it all became clear to me. As the players were high fiving the fans in the dome, I was able to stop Levi, look him in the eyes and say thank you Levi you are a heck of a football player and a true leader and I appreciate all you have done for this university.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    The bird says he will be ready . . .
    Is the bird his orthopedic surgeon?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Right, wrong or indifferent, the bird believes he will be ready and the game 1 starter . . . how hard is that to understand . . . If it does not happen, the bird will have missed . . . But it’s hard to comprehend all these Ben naysayers . . .
    No one is a been naysayer. Zeon is just a better passer, runner, and has a stronger arm. He is the most talented of the bunch it would be best for the Cajuns future if he completely grasps the entire playbook and wins the job. That way you’d have your most gifted QB on the field. Makes sense to me.

8. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Is the bird his orthopedic surgeon?
    No, but he slept at a holiday inn express last night . . .

Trust the bird . . . if he is not ready he is not ready but the plan is for him to be ready. . .

9. Default Re: QB1

Looks like Vic is starting to see the folly of his prediction. Nice back track.

Speaking of follies, I'd just like to take this opportunity to point something out. Something that really bothered me about the Levi conversation.

Many of the same people who got ostracized as "Levi haters" because there was "an agenda" or "other underlying reasons" are the very same people riding for Zeon Criss to lead this football team into the future.

Always a good day when you can put stupid narratives to bed.

10. Default Re: QB1

Not really, just sparing those on the board who just can’t handle it by identifying that nothing is absolute . . . on the other hand, trust the bird . . . he always flies high and delivers truth . . .

ZC has given us a very small sample size of what, 3 quarters.while the talent is undeniable, is that enough to anoint him QB1 in the fall? UL is fotunant to have 3 guys we can go to war with and win

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    ZC has given us a very small sample size of what, 3 quarters.while the talent is undeniable, is that enough to anoint him QB1 in the fall? UL is fotunant to have 3 guys we can go to war with and win
    Which 3? One is out until Sept.

Which 3? One is out until Sept.
    Bombs Away Ben.and I was talking August and into the 2023 season.

14. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Well, one guy has changed up his social media accounts to barely mention UL at all.
    One guy is out for a calendar year.
    One guy is already said to be transferring.
    And one guy is one of the most talented QBs to ever step foot on campus.

I agree with you, nothing can be said for certain right now. But opinion is, after spring ball and fall camp, if Zeon is even close to any other QB on the team, you have to take the plunge and make him your starter. Even if we have to incur bumps and bruises to start the year, the potential is such that supporters will understand the risk and appreciate the dividends later. Maybe Ben has a miraculous rehab, skips his entire summer and offseason to dedicate himself to healing and is ready for fall camp. If that happens, so be it.

If I'm Zeon, I'm in the classroom 4-5 hours a day watching film, learning the offense, drilling with my receivers and developing report with teammates. I'm certain that Ben will be doing that. To me, 2.5 high end years of ZC is worth the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Well, one guy has changed up his social media accounts to barely mention UL at all.
    One guy is out for a calendar year.
    One guy is already said to be transferring.
    And one guy is one of the most talented QBs to ever step foot on campus.

I agree with you, nothing can be said for certain right now. But opinion is, after spring ball and fall camp, if Zeon is even close to any other QB on the team, you have to take the plunge and make him your starter. Even if we have to incur bumps and bruises to start the year, the potential is such that supporters will understand the risk and appreciate the dividends later. Maybe Ben has a miraculous rehab, skips his entire summer and offseason to dedicate himself to healing and is ready for fall camp. If that happens, so be it.

If I'm Zeon, I'm in the classroom 4-5 hours a day watching film, learning the offense, drilling with my receivers and developing report with teammates. I'm certain that Ben will be doing that. To me, 2.5 high end years of ZC is worth the risk.
    Geaux said all the learning is on the wristbands and large play cards. LOL

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information