Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: QB1

Default Re: QB1

Did Fields leave the game because of coaches decision or injury?

2. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    If the bird is wrong, feel very confident he will be made to account here . . . with that said, the bird says Ben . . . and why there is so much animosity towards a suggestion that Ben would be ready to play come game one is astounding. . . .
    It's very simple. He will not be healthy enough to do anything in spring and MIGHT be able to take limited snaps by August. Has nothing to do with anything else.

3. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by wscoog View Post
    Did Fields leave the game because of coaches decision or injury?
    Injury

4. Default Re: QB1

The fan boy bullsh|+ is so tired.
    Chandler may have been the better QB coming out of spring, but he's small, injury prone and inconsistent. Did he look good yesterday? In the first two scripted series, sure he did. Ben has also looked very good for extended periods.

Bottom line is, if Zeon Criss is even close to ready, he is QB1. His upside is WAY higher than anyone we have on this roster and anyone we've had here in a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The fan boy bullsh|+ is so tired.
    Chandler may have been the better QB coming out of spring, but he's small, injury prone and inconsistent. Did he look good yesterday? In the first two scripted series, sure he did. Ben has also looked very good for extended periods.

Bottom line is, if Zeon Criss is even close to ready, he is QB1. His upside is WAY higher than anyone we have on this roster and anyone we've had here in a very long time.
    My sources say the knock on ZC is he needs to learn the playbook. If he learns the play book and is healthy then it isn't even close talent wise. Ben will not be in the conversation.

I like what I've seen so far of Zeon Criss. He obviously has a ways to go, but he shows a lot of promise. He can stand in the pocket and zip it with a quick release and he seems to have a strong arm. He has good size, can escape out the pocket, and shows running ability. I hope his decision making is as good, something we can only tell with time.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    I would not mind seeing a transfer brought in for competition. FCS graduate or P5 transfer.
    Neither of those types would come to UL to ride the pine.

8. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    My sources say the knock on ZC is he needs to learn the play book. If he learns the play book and is healthy then it isnt even close talent wise. Ben will not be in the conversation.
    He's a true freshman. Of course he needs to learn the playbook. But by spring of next year, we'll know what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    He's a true freshman. Of course he needs to learn the playbook. But by spring of next year, we'll know what we have.
    Let me rephrase it. I was told he struggled to learn the playbook.

We heard the same thing 10 years ago with Blane. Turned out to be totally false.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    We heard the same thing 10 years ago with Blane. Turned out to be totally false.
    We will be in good shape if he puts up Blaine numbers.

We will be in good shape if he puts up Blaine numbers.
    Birds the word. Believe in Ben.

Haha NO! Zeon all the way!!!

That’s what the spring’s for.

Spring practice will be big for both Chandler and Zeon

Our offensive scheme doesn’t seem to be very complex. Hopefully Zeon gets it.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information