Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Special year in Basketball

1. Default Re: Special year in Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I am confused by this post. Are you really pulling against the guys who chose to come here and represent the university on the court. If so, you are actually telling Jordan Brown you don't want him to be rewarded for his efforts. I don't think that is the case.
    I don’t care how much I dislike the coach of any sport as long they are wearing vermillion and white I will pull for them.

Example. Marty Fletcher, Jerry Baldwin and others.

Default Re: Special year in Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    That’s exactly what I am saying. It has zero to do with the players on the court. Everything to do with a regime change. It’s past due.
    Everyone has their opinion and I respect yours. Personally, I could never pull against guys who wear the Ragin Cajuns uniform in any sport, regardless of the coaching situation. That usually takes care of itself. I think most fans will agree with me in that they never pull against the Cajuns. I can tell you by the work they are doing the staff believes they will be successful this season and be here next year. Every competitor will have the same attitude. They know if things go south, a change is likely.

That’s exactly what I am saying. It has zero to do with the players on the court. Everything to do with a regime change. It’s past due.
    Wow. Your hatred for Marlin has you openly hoping we have a losing season. What a terrible attitude for a cajun fan to have. We should never hope any of our teams lose. For someone who goes by cajun4life, that attitude does not indicate you are a cajun for life.

Ouch

5. Default Re: Special year in Basketball

You just can’t pull against the athletes who wear Louisiana across their chest . . .

Hoping for a team to lose and pulling against these hard working gentlemen who represent us and devote their time and energy to something we claim to be proud of has to be one of the most perverse and foolish attitudes I've seen on this board. It's embarrassing.

7. Default Re: Special year in Basketball

Rooting for a team to lose is unfair to the current year players.

Keeping in a mediocre coach who puts a team together every 6 years is unfair to the players the other 5 years.

Which one is supporting losing more?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Rooting for a team to lose is unfair to the current year players.

Keeping in a mediocre coach who puts a team together every 6 years is unfair to the players the other 5 years.

Which one is supporting losing more?
    Are we talking about players who choose to play for said coach? Those players? It’s unfair they are coached by the coach that recruits and signs them? This is your contention?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Are we talking about players who choose to play for said coach? Those players? It’s unfair they are coached by the coach that recruits and signs them? This is your contention?
    . Players on squads that had little success or mediocre success came here voluntarily. They were more disappointed than the fans that better results were not obtained. Few thought their lack of success was due to the coaching they received. Now
    If you want to say some of those guys wOuld have been better off playing elsewhere, I would not argue.

I cannot remember when we were last undefeated at 4 & 0. And we have a Cajun fan wanting them to suffer a loss. That does not compute. Something is wrong with this picture.
    The energy level was way up last night in the dome. I suggest all Cajun fans go to a game and see if you are not compelled to cheer loud for them.

The guys do have a team first mentality as evidenced by the 20 assists they had last night.
    Just like the 2017-18 team. Here’s hoping for good health this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    Wow. Your hatred for Marlin has you openly hoping we have a losing season. What a terrible attitude for a cajun fan to have. We should never hope any of our teams lose. For someone who goes by cajun4life, that attitude does not indicate you are a cajun for life.
    My goodness, this sounds like the portion of the softball crowd that was butt hurt after the last HC change.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoot View Post
    No injuries Sweet 16 or further
    I know you told me that in the pre season and you have a good beat on the program.

I am confused by this post. Are you really pulling against the guys who chose to come here and represent the university on the court. If so, you are actually telling Jordan Brown you don't want him to be rewarded for his efforts. I don't think that is the case.
    Come on Mike you know Cajun4life and VObserver aren't stepping foot in the dome until a coaching change is made. They have no ill will towards the players.

. Players on squads that had little success or mediocre success came here voluntarily. They were more disappointed than the fans that better results were not obtained. Few thought their lack of success was due to the coaching they received. Now
    If you want to say some of those guys wOuld have been better off playing elsewhere, I would not argue.
    I’m not saying anything. I’m just trying to understand Turbine’s contention that it is somehow unfair to players to have them play for a coach they sign with when they come here.

I think we should have pulled the string on marlin years ago. But I’m definitely not going to root against us just to spite him.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Come on Mike you know Cajun4life and VObserver aren't stepping foot in the dome until a coaching change is made. They have to ill will towards the players.
    ThAt is their right and I understand their view. While I know they are not wishing ill will to them directly, hoping they are not rewarded for their work with success is indirectly hoping they suffer disappointment. This group will take losing hard. How they respond when it does occur, will tell us a lot about the type of season they will have.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information