Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Thoughts on Ian Book (And who might be a better QB3)

Default My Thoughts on Ian Book (And who might be a better QB3)

After watching the Saints lose to the Packers tonight, I started to wonder whether Ian Book is a good fit for the team. So far he has not performed very well, and to be completely honest, I don't think he is a good fit. Here are his combined stats after 2 Preseason games this year:

31/50 for 234 yards. 1 TD, 2 Interceptions.
    11 Carries for 71 yards.
    1 catch for -2 yards.

I wondered who might be some other good options for QB3. Right now, the Saints have KJ Costello, who played in the USFL this spring. However, take a look at his stats from that league:

Played in just 3 games, threw 4/10 for 69 yards, and had 5 carries for -15 yards.

Personally, I think Costello would be better off in the Practice Squad.

I think what would be best is signing a free agent when a decent QB comes available. Who do you guys think would be good for QB3?

Default Re: My Thoughts on Ian Book (And who might be a better QB3)

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    After watching the Saints lose to the Packers tonight, I started to wonder whether Ian Book is a good fit for the team. So far he has not performed very well, and to be completely honest, I don't think he is a good fit. Here are his combined stats after 2 Preseason games this year:

31/50 for 234 yards. 1 TD, 2 Interceptions.
    11 Carries for 71 yards.
    1 catch for -2 yards.

I wondered who might be some other good options for QB3. Right now, the Saints have KJ Costello, who played in the USFL this spring. However, take a look at his stats from that league:

Played in just 3 games, threw 4/10 for 69 yards, and had 5 carries for -15 yards.

Personally, I think Costello would be better off in the Practice Squad.

I think what would be best is signing a free agent when a decent QB comes available. Who do you guys think would be good for QB3?
    Dude, I'd rather have to watch a Hee Haw marathon with my pillow guy than watch Ian Book pretend to quarterback in the NFL any more. The guy can't take the snap from under center for goodness sakes. My peewee league coach would have put him on defense after the first practice. How many ways does one have to say this person simply DOES NOT BELONG?!!!!

Dude is so bad, I don't even wish him on the Falcons, or the Rams for that matter.

One thing is for certain. The beer sales should be off the charts for their next home game if that guy is playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Dude, I'd rather have to watch a Hee Haw marathon with my pillow guy than watch Ian Book pretend to quarterback in the NFL any more. The guy can't take the snap from under center for goodness sakes. My peewee league coach would have put him on defense after the first practice. How many ways does one have to say this person simply DOES NOT BELONG?!!!!
    From the moment we drafted him, I thought it was a bad idea, which proved to be true because, yes, he is pretty bad. I honestly think the whole team struggled to perform today tho, especially when the defense let Danny Etling run for a 51-yard TD. That really costed us the game. Hoping we can turn things around by the regular season.

Dude is so bad, I don't even wish him on the Falcons, or the Rams for that matter.
    If he gets cut, I'd guess he ends up in Arena Football or some weird spring league... or a practice squad

Default Re: Join Us! THIS Sunday August 21st at 7:15pm

I was thinking I might not be in Sunday because the Saints are set to have one live scrimmage at the Dome some time Sunday. But after having to endure another three hours of Ian Book tonight, I think I can just skip that trip to the dentist for a root canal without novocaine & hang out & watch/listen to yous guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    If he gets cut, I'd guess he ends up in Arena Football or some weird spring league... or a practice squad
    As long as it ain't the Saints practice squad I can deal with it. The guy is so bad he drug the level of the whole team down. I'm glad now that Malcom Roach committed that stupid roughing penalty so I could watch the defense get more playing time in so his stupid face wouldn't be on the tv. The dude has fumbled three direct snaps from center. That is a cuttable offense in Junior High man. We're talking about the NFL here.

When the Saints scored their TD, Book looked like a toddler on Christmas morning. It’s his 15 minutes of fame.

10. Default Re: My Thoughts on Ian Book (And who might be a better QB3)

Look it’s QB3 in the NFL. Very few teams have good QB2’s. Book will make the team, if the saints carry 3 QB’s. But I would assume they in no way want him to see the field ever. In fact I think they would play taysom hill before Book. He is athletic but he is overwhelmed on almost every play. But again we are talking about a 3rd string QB in the nfl. I think the saints should carry just 2 because of hill and gives them a chance to carry and extra position player.

Default Re: Join Us! THIS Sunday August 21st at 7:15pm

I was thinking I might not be in Sunday because the Saints are set to have one live scrimmage at the Dome some time Sunday. But after having to endure another three hours of Ian Book tonight, I think I can just skip that trip to the dentist for a root canal without novocaine & hang out & watch/listen to yous guys.
    Another one of Sean Payton’s qb pet projects that ain’t worth a schitt. Go figure. Drew Brees carried the franchise until he couldn’t anymore and then the defense carried it after that. In all those years Payton couldn’t find Brees’ successor even though he’s supposedly the qb whisperer. Makes you wonder

12. Default Re: Join Us! THIS Sunday August 21st at 7:15pm

I like the saints concept of carrying a very good experienced NFL backup and a young questionable 3rd stringer as well as having Hill. The Bridgewater, Winston and now Dalton plan is the way to go. You might need these guys for a handful of games or more. I trust each of them more than a 4th 5th or 6th rounder with no experience. Plus you always have Hill. He is a luxury that very few NFL teams have.

13. Default Re: My Thoughts on Ian Book (And who might be a better QB3)

I sure hope we don’t end up with a book on Ian Book. It would certainly not be a best seller.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Look it’s QB3 in the NFL. Very few teams have good QB2’s. Book will make the team, if the saints carry 3 QB’s. But I would assume they in no way want him to see the field ever. In fact I think they would play taysom hill before Book. He is athletic but he is overwhelmed on almost every play. But again we are talking about a 3rd string QB in the nfl. I think the saints should carry just 2 because of hill and gives them a chance to carry and extra position player.
    IF Ian Book makes this team, they are much less talented overall than I believed, or someone in the front office, or coaching staff is absolutely lying themselves into believe they can make chicken salad with chicken crap. I'm not absolutely positive the Saints will just cut bait as they didn't go QB fishing this past week. But one thing I know for certain. IF Ian book sets foot on a football field as a New Orleans Saint again, I will know the season is OVER. It's time to grab the shotgun & go fishing, or grab the rod & reel & go hunting.

15. Default Re: My Thoughts on Ian Book (And who might be a better QB3)

Ian Book TD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information