*3rd in steals with 137
    *6th in ob% at .422, 6th in slugging and total scoring
    *19th in era at 2.17

Chew on those stats for a second.

Outgoing:
    *Mayeux .333, 13 db, 7 hr, 30 rbi
    *Oneel .307
    *Quionenes .309

Mayeux will be extremely missed as a swiss army knife type player. Oneel never could stay healthy in her career and that's ashamed. Her leadership as a captain will be missed. Quionenes was mostly a reserve and we have other players to fill that role.

Incoming: #11 Ranked class in the country.
    *Mihyia Davis OF - #11 ranked
    *Kylei Griffin IF- # 15 ranked
    *Chloe Riassetto LHP- #37 ranked
    *Lauren Allred IF/C- #NR
    *Kyleigh Pitzer RHP- #112 ranked
    *Cecilia Vasquez IF- #55 ranked

Another top ranked class. I think two of these kids may start next year.

Returning C:
    *Piskos .349, 13db, 8 hr, 31 rbi

I am not sure that Piskos will be our catcher next year. This off-season should be a high priority to bring in a veteran defensive catcher via the portal. The Cajuns need depth and someone who can control the running game.

Returning P:
    *Schorman 17-6, 2.03 era, 184 k's
    *Lamb 9-4, 2.05 era, 158 k's
    *Landry 20-3, 2.15 era, 145 k's
    *Heath 1-0, 6.52 era, 8 k's
    *Oubre Did not play

The Cajuns will once again be strong in the circle. I don't think Heath will pitch next year and I could see one of the other 4 pitchers not returning. If an elite arm enters the portal I think we could possibly look at another pitcher especially if she has a few years of eligibility left.

Returning OF:
    *Graeter .309, 2hr, 16 rbi
    *Heath .314, 13hr, 38 rbi, 10 steals
    *Eschete .358, 1hr, 19 rbi, 10 steals
    *Hayden .319 1 hr, 28 rbi, 28 steals
    *Falterman .414, 0hr, 11rbi, 11 steals

I think all of the OF will return next season, but one may leave if we get a portal player. I do expect the Cajuns to look for a corner OF power bat via the portal. As you can see they have a lot of speed returning but not a lot of power. I believe Heath will be a full time hitter next season.

Returning IF:
    *Roman .303, 5hr, 20 rbi
    *Credeur .348, 6hr, 23 rbi
    *Kotzelnick. 356, 10hr, 51rbi, 22sb
    *Langeliers .370, 13hr, 42rbi
    *Campbell. 392, 11hr, 35rbi

A lot of talent and options in the infield, especially if Sophie moves to the infield. I can see one of these players not returning.

These are only my opinions as I usually get with Roarman and Lcitsh to discuss. I think the Cajuns will pick up 2 or 3 transfers and will probably have 2 or 3 players leave. A very talented freshman class is coming in and the competition will be stiff. The Cajuns will be a team like Clemson next year. I think the Cajuns are in the WCWS conversation. Look for the Cajuns to play a harder schedule and possibly host next season. With the NIL and portal who truly knows who will return but the future is bright if the Cajuns can keep the core together. Geaux Cajuns.

2. Default Re: 22 SB Recap & 23 Fall Outlook

Nice write up/break down.

Default Re: 22 SB Recap & 23 Fall Outlook

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    22 Season Overview:
    *47-13 record
    *Conference Champs
    *Conference Tournament Champs
    *Regional Finalist

Ncaa Rankings:
    *1st in doubles with 103
    *2nd in batting average at .351
    *3rd in steals with 137
    *19th in era at 2.17

Outgoing:
    *Oneel .307
    *Quionenes .309

Mayeux will be extremely missed as a swiss army knife type player. Oneel never could stay healthy in her career and that's ashamed. Her leadership as a captain will be missed. Quionenes was mostly a reserve and we have other players to fill that role.

*Lauren Allred IF/C- #NR

Returning C:

I am not sure that Piskos will be our catcher next year. This off-season should be a high priority to bring in a veteran defensive catcher via the portal. The Cajuns need depth and someone who can control the running game.

Returning P:
    *Oubre Did not play

The Cajuns will once again be strong in the circle. I don't think Heath will pitch next year and I could see one of the other 4 pitchers not returning. If an elite arm enters the portal I think we could possibly look at another pitcher especially if she has a few years of eligibility left.

Returning OF:

I think all of the OF will return next season, but one may leave if we get a portal player. I do expect the Cajuns to look for a corner OF power bat via the portal. As you can see they have a lot of speed returning but not a lot of power. I believe Heath will be a full time hitter next season.

Returning IF:
    *Roman .303, 5hr, 20 rbi

A lot of talent and options in the infield, especially if Sophie moves to the infield. I can see one of these players not returning.

These are only my opinions as I usually get with Roarman and Lcitsh to discuss. I think the Cajuns will pick up 2 or 3 transfers and will probably have 2 or 3 players leave. A very talented freshman class is coming in and the competition will be stiff. The Cajuns will be a team like Clemson next year. I think the Cajuns are in the WCWS conversation. Look for the Cajuns to play a harder schedule and possibly host next season. With the NIL and portal who truly knows who will return but the future is bright if the Cajuns can keep the core together. Geaux Cajuns.
    I agree with all of this as far as analysis of strengths and weaknesses, both past and future.

Because of the way we utilized players tnis year, I am less pesimistic than you regarding players possibly leaving. With the exception of Oubre in the circle, all of our saw significant meaningful action this year.
    Not that i would be shocked to have the portal losses you project, but i also would not be surprksed to see everyone stay.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I agree with all of this as far as analysis of strengths and weaknesses, both past and future.

Because of the way we utilized players tnis year, I am less pesimistic than you regarding players possibly leaving. With the exception of Oubre in the circle, all of our saw significant meaningful action this year.
    Not that i would be shocked to have the portal losses you project, but i also would not be surprksed to see everyone stay.
    I just think if we bring in a few transfers we could also lose a few players. And very rarely does every single incoming player stay after fall ball. I am just saying I would like for all of the kids to stay but the law of averages says we will lose a few. We also have a few needs/holes to plug in my opinion. Those will probably need to be filled via the portal. With that being said I don't see the Cajuns going full transfer mode like the last few teams had to. We now have a great foundation to build from. In my opinion a veteran catcher and another power bat is needed.

For reference 360 plus players are now in the softball portal.

I just think if we bring in a few transfers we could also lose a few players. And very rarely does every single incoming player stay after fall ball. I am just saying I would like for all of the kids to stay but the law of averages says we will lose a few. We also have a few needs/holes to plug in my opinion. Those will probably need to be filled via the portal. With that being said I don't see the Cajuns going full transfer mode like the last few teams had to. We now have a great foundation to build from. In my opinion a veteran catcher and another power bat is needed.
    Coach Glasco had his final interview with Scott Prather this morning. Major points I caught were that he expects all three pitchers to return and next year's schedule needs to be set up so as to improve hosting chances. They will play in an early season tournament in Florida which will help as opponents will be several major programs. He also wants to play major powers mid week before conference games a couple of times. For example, Ga. Tech could precede a series at Georgia State. He also wants to take another far away trip during Easter break. Could go in the direction of Iowa. He hopes to have 15 games against major programs in non conference. Just a guess, but I presume that will reduce the no. of early season home games.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Coach Glasco had his final interview with Scott Prather this morning. Major points I caught were that he expects all three pitchers to return and next year's schedule needs to be set up so as to improve hosting chances. They will play in an early season tournament in Florida which will help as opponents will be several major programs. He also wants to play major powers mid week before conference games a couple of times. For example, Ga. Tech could precede a series at Georgia State. He also wants to take another far away trip during Easter break. Could go in the direction of Iowa. He hopes to have 15 games against major programs in non conference. Just a guess, but I presume that will reduce the no. of early season home games.
    Next year schedule will be salty for sure.

UL Softball Re: 22 SB Recap & 23 Fall Outlook

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I prefer home games in late May than early February.

Good analysis, JMV. We'll see what comes after all the coaching moves.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Good analysis, JMV. We'll see what comes after all the coaching moves.
    I wonder if Coach Myers is returning now that he is on the school board? Great coach and man.

22 Season Overview:
    *47-13 record
    *Conference Champs
    *Conference Tournament Champs
    *Regional Finalist

Ncaa Rankings:
    *1st in doubles with 103
    *2nd in batting average at .351
    *3rd in steals with 137
    *19th in era at 2.17

Outgoing:
    *Oneel .307
    *Quionenes .309

*Lauren Allred IF/C- #NR

Returning C:

Returning P:
    *Oubre Did not play

Returning OF:

Returning IF:
    *Roman .303, 5hr, 20 rbi

Totally agree......We definitely have OKC potential. Lack of power from all but 1 returning in outfield is the biggest gap for 23 IMO

Transfer portal big 3.
    A) Power hitting LF/RF
    B) stud defensive catcher
    C) Elite level pitcher

Also an option is transition 1 or 2 of the quicker power hitters from the IF into LF/RF in the fall. Surplus of power talent is in the IF

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Totally agree......We definitely have OKC potential. Lack of power from all but 1 returning in outfield is the biggest gap for 23 IMO

Transfer portal big 3.
    A) Power hitting LF/RF
    C) Elite level pitchers
    Need two elite pitchers to get the ultimate goal.

Transfer portal big 3.
    A) Power hitting LF/RF
    C) Elite level pitcher

Also an option is transition 1 or 2 of the quicker power hitters from the IF into LF/RF in the fall. Surplus of power talent is in the IF
    I like your A, B and C.

14. Default Re: 22 SB Recap & 23 Fall Outlook

I like your A, B and C.
    They are the same needs as every team playing softball has.

Transfer portal big 3.
    A) Power hitting LF/RF
    C) Elite level pitcher

1 and 1A) Elite pitcher would be nice, but I would settle for a developmental arm from a power conference. I think Coach Robichaux did an excellent job with Schoman and Landry, but Lamb had digressed this past season. I like the freshmen arms coming in, but I don't want to depend upon one to get us in a super regional.

2) I'm fine with 1 or 2 max transfer powerbats, as long as they can play multiple positions. We don't need more DP players. Frankly, I think there is good power in the returning lineup projection wise in Heath, Roman, Pisko, Campbell, Kozelnick, Langeliers and Credeur. That's 7 bats capable of 10 or more HRs.

Let the competition this fall answer the rest of the questions.

Jmo

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information