Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

Default Re: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

*yes, thats Des' face

Attached Images Attached Images  

If the culture at Florida is as bad as many of the fans have said it was over the last few years, there is going to be quite a bit of turnover at UF. This may not be the end of the purge although I'm not sure how many more of our players are truly SEC talent but the road could still be bumpy moving forward.

This "Gentlemans Agreement" stuff is a Dr. A move by the Athletic Dept. I learned, as most of you have, in this world, business (and this is a business) you need to have your thumbprint on everything and everything is documented and signed. Lesson Learned, now lets move forward.

It has to be in writing to be an agreement. There are fewer and fewer "Gentlemen Agreements" in CFB as there is just too much money involved. The more money involved, the less "Gentlemen Agreements" even in other businesses. Cannot take a chance on them with Millions involved.

Jay Walker you are close to Des. Love to hear your take on the Des tweet? What is he implying? How do you read into it?

We did not close the gate. We got all gushy for Napier and let him leave with the pick of the litter. It’s a dog-eat-dog world. No one is above being ____ty.

Started to post yesterday, but figured it would be an unpopular opinion, but here goes.

Players come, players go. EVERY team deals with it. Good teams overcome, other teams cry about it. If we aren't capable of overcoming losing a few players and coaches, we are not as good a team as we thought we were.

I stand with the players and coaches who want to be here. The depth chart will be adjusted and some players will now be starters, I congratulate them. Now is their time to show why they were awarded a scholarship. Let's not overshadow their moment to rise up because the guy in front of them chose to leave. They may turn out to be just as good as the guy they are replacing.

In this age of $5,000,000+ annual salaried coaches, it's WIN NOW OR YOU ARE GONE. No, I don't like what is happening here, but Napier has to do everything in his power to win. just like he did when he was here. Had we hired a coach from outside our program and he brought players with him to improve our team, we would be happy about it. I think the NIL + transfer portal combination is what we are really upset about.

I understand Coach Des is upset, and rightfully so. I wouldn't have fired off that passive-aggressive tweet because I'm more of a tell you to your face type of guy, but maybe it was a good technique to rally the players and fans.

I do not like the situation, but have no doubt we will be fine.

GEAUX CAJUNS

8. Default Re: Desormeaux is Integrity Defined

Quote Originally Posted by cajungmg View Post
    What will the Ragin Review Podcast guys think about all of this?
    We’ll record sometime this week. The Twitter space last night was pretty intense. Hope some of y’all were able to be there.

Default Re: Desormeaux is Integrity Defined

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    We’ll record sometime this week. The Twitter space last night was pretty intense. Hope some of y’all were able to be there.
    Yea.I couldn't listen last night. Is there a way to listen to it after?

In the BUSINESS college football today, integrity gets trumped by dollars. Ricky Bustle was a man of integrity. Ricky Bustle was a .500 coach.

I appreciate Des’ tweet. At the same time, there are a hundred plus other FBS programs. If it isn’t Florida, it would be someone else. Being a ranked G5 is chum in the water for P5s with money to burn. To think otherwise is foolish. Just look at Montrell…Auburn and Brian Kelly were linked on tweets. Des might be disappointed with Napier but he HAD to expect this from someone. I’d be very disappointed if he didn’t.

Loyalty is a rare commodity. Wait for basketball this off season. Remember that 10 deep one and done (allegedly preseason) bunch at Kentucky a few years back? That will be the new norm amongst the elites. G5s will be a revolving door.

The onus now is for Des to move forward and not look back. Get it done, son.

Default Re: Desormeaux is Integrity Defined

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Was there for hour or so but the Florida fans couldn't wrap their head around why we were missed plus the trolls were quite annoying. Wish it was all cajuns fans vs 15% cajuns 80% Florida, 5% trolls

12. Default Re: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

The man told his friends, colleagues and the Boss that gave him his first opportunity something. He billed himself as a man of honor and integrity.

And as soon as he saw that he stepped into a disaster at Florida, he panicked, and stabbed them all in the back. And continues to do so.

Sorry, I’m not on the “business is business” train this time. I’m a little disappointed to see how many people seem to look past ____bag behavior just to justify someone they liked and supported at one point. To borrow BJ’s term, y’all can forgive the situational ethics that Billy has reverted to; I will not. It may not be illegal but it’s still ____ty. He sold Maggard, Des and the fanbase a dream. Then he screwed us over.

And oh btw, it’s still happening

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    Started to post yesterday, but figured it would be an unpopular opinion, but here goes.

Players come, players go. EVERY team deals with it. Good teams overcome, other teams cry about it. If we aren't capable of overcoming losing a few players and coaches, we are not as good a team as we thought we were.

I stand with the players and coaches who want to be here. The depth chart will be adjusted and some players will now be starters, I congratulate them. Now is their time to show why they were awarded a scholarship. Let's not overshadow their moment to rise up because the guy in front of them chose to leave. They may turn out to be just as good as the guy they are replacing.

In this age of $5,000,000+ annual salaried coaches, it's WIN NOW OR YOU ARE GONE. No, I don't like what is happening here, but Napier has to do everything in his power to win. just like he did when he was here. Had we hired a coach from outside our program and he brought players with him to improve our team, we would be happy about it. I think the NIL + transfer portal combination is what we are really upset about.

I understand Coach Des is upset, and rightfully so. I wouldn't have fired off that passive-aggressive tweet because I'm more of a tell you to your face type of guy, but maybe it was a good technique to rally the players and fans.

I do not like the situation, but have no doubt we will be fine.

GEAUX CAJUNS
    How do you know that conversation didn't happen before his tweet? I was told there was a pretty heated phone conversation between the two and Coach Desormeaux let it be known exactly what he thoughts were without mentioning Billy Napier's name.

We all know the NIL is a legal way to recruit athletes to another program with the Transfer Portal in place. And had any other program done so, most of us would still be upset losing some of our top athletes. But Billy Napier has made this very personal by deliberately targeting athletes from his former program and staff. Regardless of the conditions he walked into at Florida, what he has done may not be illegal, but it's certainly unethical. He isn't doing this to any other program right now. And while it was somewhat expected to a certain degree, his back tracking on the number of support staff he was going to take with him and additional players is situational ethics at best.

"Sorry, I’m not on the “business is business” train this time. I’m a little disappointed to see how many people seem to look past ____bag behavior just to justify someone they liked and supported at one point. To borrow BJ’s term, y’all can forgive the situational ethics that Billy has reverted to; I will not. It may not be illegal but it’s still ____ty. He sold Maggard, Des and the fanbase a dream. Then he screwed us over."

This! 1000%

This is what I’m confused about: if business is business and there’s no such thing as integrity, loyalty, or gentleman’s agreements in CFB why are Florida and Billy fans getting so upset about someone implying Billy doesn’t have integrity. You’ve already admitted you don’t believe in or hold that virtue in high regard. Why do you care that a group of people think Billy doesn’t have it?

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread Information