Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

Default Re: Mike on Integrity

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Exactly dead nuts on. Funny how everyone of those departures started muddying the water after the uprising and questions started flying around…
    Kamryn Waite was not on 247's list on the portal this past Monday morning. As the day progressed, he name popped up that he had entered the portal December 21st. Garner and Torrance both showed they were in the portal as of January 2nd, but both of their names were there before Waite's.

I made the point earlier and somebody suggested they very possibly missed it or the name just hadn't been submitted.

Muddied waters.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    Started to post yesterday, but figured it would be an unpopular opinion, but here goes.

Players come, players go. EVERY team deals with it. Good teams overcome, other teams cry about it. If we aren't capable of overcoming losing a few players and coaches, we are not as good a team as we thought we were.

I stand with the players and coaches who want to be here. The depth chart will be adjusted and some players will now be starters, I congratulate them. Now is their time to show why they were awarded a scholarship. Let's not overshadow their moment to rise up because the guy in front of them chose to leave. They may turn out to be just as good as the guy they are replacing.

In this age of $5,000,000+ annual salaried coaches, it's WIN NOW OR YOU ARE GONE. No, I don't like what is happening here, but Napier has to do everything in his power to win. just like he did when he was here. Had we hired a coach from outside our program and he brought players with him to improve our team, we would be happy about it. I think the NIL + transfer portal combination is what we are really upset about.

I understand Coach Des is upset, and rightfully so. I wouldn't have fired off that passive-aggressive tweet because I'm more of a tell you to your face type of guy, but maybe it was a good technique to rally the players and fans.

I do not like the situation, but have no doubt we will be fine.

GEAUX CAJUNS
    GS, I got 2 words for you:

NAILED IT!

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #ConferenceChampions

Default Re: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    GS, I got 2 words for you:

NAILED IT!

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #ConferenceChampions
    Win now or Go home with $57 million dollars.doesn’t sound as bad

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    About time we say something. Napier is using our players to plug his gaps… everything he said before he left about only taking a few staff is bull____… he lied and now he is pillaging the best from our team… this ____ needs to be investigated as tampering by the NCAA and I would hope they would pay the ultimate penalty… for the traitors that abandoned your brothers for “greener pastures” may they get a serving of humble pie…. Geaux Cajuns and hopefully we get to play Florida and beat their ass.
    Plug the gaps ? With 3 stars ? In the SEC ? Pillaging ? Tampering ? Blame who you want but the problem in the portal itself. The problem is you can leave and play right away somewhere else. This in itself along with the NIL debacle will ruin college sports sooner than later. Whoever has the most cash wins.

Default Re: Desormeaux is Integrity Defined

Quote Originally Posted by NillyBapier View Post
    I think it would have been better for all parties involved if Des and CBN would have kept a good working relationship. Coach saying he is always just one phone call away if Des ever needed something didn’t last long. You hate to see it. CBN could have been a good source of knowledge for mike to bounce things off of.
    Who's to say they don't have one. Des's tweet appears to me to be pointed a player more so than a coach. Either way, it's an epic tweet that should stop the tide from going out further.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    You might be correct T, but what is confusing is why is he continuing to post about all of the offers he is receiving if he already committed to UF.
    If I were a mercenary, I'd be beating the bushes for my best offer. Sounds like what he's doing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Id bet the salary pool for assistant coaches just increased by $250k. I just got a feeling
    That should have happened day one. You made three million off the old coach & hired the new coach for two million less. The first thing should have been a 250-500 increase in assistant pool pay to keep a lot of what just happened from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Thank you, but I speak for myself.

I am disappointed by what I am reading. I also believe we as message board folk have taken this and turned it into something bigger than it is. We've taken a lot of things as pure truth and responded accordingly. Not the first time it's happened here and won't be the last.

What we are talking about is four players in the portal. I have no issue with the coaches and support personnel that have followed Billy to Florida. That's the way this business works. So far Kamryn Waites and the recruit that flipped are at Florida. I saw O'Cyrus Torrance tweet he's been offered by Auburn.

Is what is happening to us unique? Of course not. In fact, as of today, there are 3,000 players in the portal. But it's happening to us and therefore it's more personal.

I do not know what "gentlemen's agreement", if any, there was between Coach Napier and Coach Desormeaux. I do know that gentlemen's agreements are made between gentlemen and if one was broken, then it casts aspersions. I do not know of anyone on this board (including myself) who has spoken with either of the parties involved and therefore I do not put 100% stock in the things I have read here. I am not naive however and do believe in where there's smoke there's fire. But I don't know if this is a brush fire or something that's going to destroy acres.

Other blogs have gotten ahold of the tweet and are reporting on it. I don't think it casts Mike in a good light. Personally (and this is just me) I wish he hadn't made the tweet. I know very few of you will agree with me on that. But I think somewhere down the road, Mike is going to agree with my opinion.

In the meantime I'll go back to keeping my ears open and my mouth shut. Happy New Year to all of you.
    Jay thanks for your thoughts, but I have to disagree with you on Mike's tweet. Personally, I don't think the message was to Billy, but to his own players & fans. And I think it was an excellent message sent at the right time to stop the bleeding. I don't doubt for a minute that the player in this case is the one to blame. I have little doubt that the player contacted one of the previous coaches about transferring & the coach trying to be helpful may have let him believe in his own mind that he could improve his standing at Florida.

I will state categorically right now that this player will never be a big contributor to the University of Florida. My belief is that by this time next year the player will be transferring to an FCS school regretting his own personal decision. And Mike had to stop this nonsense. That doesn't mean Billy's at fault. It doesn't mean one of the assistant's is at fault. it means this young man should have been more grateful & wasn't. And now the real world is going to rise up & kick his ass & give him the wake up call of his life. To make any more out of this than what it is, is nothing but speculation & pulling rabbits out of thin air by anyone. I completely agree with Mike, but don't blame Billy a lick. Because I doubt very seriously that either one of them personally did anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    That should have happened day one. You made three million off the old coach & hired the new coach for two million less. The first thing should have been a 250-500 increase in assistant pool pay to keep a lot of what just happened from happening.
    Might have to use that money to pay off some 2020 debt where they went way over budget.

Research Re: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

That chapter is in my new book on how to suck the success from your athletic program.James the Jewelers is the ghost author.

Regards, Dr.A

11. Default Re: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

How do you know this did not happen?

There’s no way Louisiana can compete with almost any SEC school, and certainly not Florida for salary. If I’m an assistant coach at Louisiana and Napier asks me to be a position coach, I’m gone. Better salary and better chance to move further up in my career.

13. Default Re: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

Jay thanks for your thoughts, but I have to disagree with you on Mike's tweet. Personally, I don't think the message was to Billy, but to his own players & fans. And I think it was an excellent message sent at the right time to stop the bleeding. I don't doubt for a minute that the player in this case is the one to blame. I have little doubt that the player contacted one of the previous coaches about transferring & the coach trying to be helpful may have let him believe in his own mind that he could improve his standing at Florida.

I will state categorically right now that this player will never be a big contributor to the University of Florida. My belief is that by this time next year the player will be transferring to an FCS school regretting his own personal decision. And Mike had to stop this nonsense. That doesn't mean Billy's at fault. It doesn't mean one of the assistant's is at fault. it means this young man should have been more grateful & wasn't. And now the real world is going to rise up & kick his ass & give him the wake up call of his life. To make any more out of this than what it is, is nothing but speculation & pulling rabbits out of thin air by anyone. I completely agree with Mike, but don't blame Billy a lick. Because I doubt very seriously that either one of them personally did anything wrong.
    More is accomplished by bolstering the troops (his own players & fans) than by engaging in fruitless barbs with a former boss and current peer.

I agree with you Desormeaux Nailed the inspirational tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    There’s no way Louisiana can compete with almost any SEC school, and certainly not Florida for salary. If I’m an assistant coach at Louisiana and Napier asks me to be a position coach, I’m gone. Better salary and better chance to move further up in my career.
    But they can make it a hell of a lot harder for assistants to say no. Anyone can justify anything they want. But to compete you have to have top staffs. You allow your staff money to stagnate & you are killing your program.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Correct a higher salary coaching pool may have kept some of this from happening. Billy also lied, so their is that.
    Correct me I'm wrong, but I believe that position coaches at schools like Florida make almost as much as our HC. There's no way we can compete. If a big name school like Florida comes calling, nine out of ten position coaches at a school like Louisiana are gone.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread Information