Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ragin Cajuns Store

Default Re: Ragin Cajuns Store

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    If it becomes as the union did with no parking available, the store will be useless to the general public. They need a store away from campus. Hopefully, a store will be built at Cajun Field with the renovations that is open during the day.
    A full blown store at the stadium would be huge. Not a small enclave like at the baseball stadium. But store that is open 7 days a week at the newly renovated stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    A full blown store at the stadium would be huge. Not a small enclave like at the baseball stadium. But store that is open 7 days a week at the newly renovated stadium.
    Went to the University of Arkansas last week to check out the stadiums. First, Razorback Stadium is HUGE! Second, their team store is smaller than the trailers at Blackham. Interesting thing I saw is that they were selling the old team worn jerseys for $300 a piece.

You should see how Florida State has that set up in stadium, awesome, but not open all the time...

I agree, and I believe that is the plan. Big store, open 6 to 7 days a week. It could really help jump-start the retail in the area and hopefully spawn new development.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    You should see how Florida State has that set up in stadium, awesome, but not open all the time...
    Texas has the same thing in their stadium and it is across the street from their alumni center.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I think I understood the fire station will be behind Blackham. Don’t think the two events are related.
    Thanks, that makes more sense...and yeah I had heard that the new station would go in the area where the barns are.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    If it becomes as the union did with no parking available, the store will be useless to the general public. They need a store away from campus. Hopefully, a store will be built at Cajun Field with the renovations that is open during the day.
    There shouldn't be parking issues at the Lewis St location, since there is plenty of space where the the old strip mall was. Actually....and for anyone 'old' enough....where that old Canal station was back in the day.

So why were are talking about this, I'm trying to understand where there are current "Red Zone" stores. I know there is one in the U, which I wouldn't think will go away, and the one at Blackham, but isn't there also one on St Mary, but the old Burger Tyme? Which, by the way I saw Saturday that they were doing some work on the old Copy place.

Not sure if this was said before, but this is from a guy at the store

They are moving form blackham to the new storefront next week.

The store is about the same size.

The new stuff, minus Under Armor and Columbia, are on back order until probably mid-August to late August, maybe even September.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information