Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Here comes Au...BURN

Default Re: Players for Next Year

I want Napier to interview wherever the hell he wants (so long as they are offering him more money in a bigger conference). And he’s saying I’m moving forward at Louisiana to protect our recruiting, either for him or the next coach of our program.

We don’t want him to say anything else. The second he says, I’m going to interview for every SEC opening, our recruiting is torpedoed.

Didn't he come out with the "Moving Louisiana Forward" statement before the Auburn job came open?

Auburn HC job is a major career and life-changing opportunity. Can't fault him for seeing the job open and deciding 'oh ____, maybe I do want to give this one a run'.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Didn't he come out with the "Moving Louisiana Forward" statement before the Auburn job came open?

Auburn HC job is a major career and life-changing opportunity. Can't fault him for seeing the job open and deciding 'oh ____, maybe I do want to give this one a run'.
    And I get it, we've all been in similar situations with our careers. For now, after 2 high profile interviews within a week or so of each other, my opinion, he needs to shut it down until the next opening cycle.

Steele will be the choice for the HC job at Auburn...that's my opinion based on what I've read about how Gus was ousted. Big money backers wanted Gus out and Steele in, but after they pulled the plug on Gus, the general fandom became ____ed there wasn't going to be a legitimate search for the next HC. So Admin had to set up a search committee etc. and begin the process, fully knowing ahead of time that Steele will still be the choice. However, if someone other than Steele gets the job, it could be a very difficult situation if that person lacks the support of the big money supporters.

I think Billy is doing this due to his agent's recommendation to keep his name on the coaching hot list. Also, taking the Auburn job would probably eliminate him from ever being considered for the other school in Alabama.

Default Here comes Auburn....

https://footballscoop.com/news/repor...or-auburn-job/

Billy Napier has emerged as the front-runner for the Auburn job, according to a report Monday morning from Phillip Marshall of Auburn Undercover.

FootballScoop has also been told that Napier’s interview with Auburn brass went well.
    Thanks for everything Billy. Don't forget to schedule a home and home with us.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    And I get it, we've all been in similar situations with our careers. For now, after 2 high profile interviews within a week or so of each other, my opinion, he needs to shut it down until the next opening cycle.
    Lol...look at slick rick's point.

Default Re: Here comes Auburn....

Yeah, I just got asked by a Buddy who lives out that way what we were hearing. He’s a big Georgia fan, but he’s hearing that Napier is gaining traction with the Auburn people he knows.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Here comes Auburn....

I'll believe it when he buys the plane ticket.

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatUTSA

We always knew this day would come. If he gets that job, let me be the first to thank him and his family for everything they have done for our Football program and University. If he becomes the new Coach at Auburn, they will quickly become my 2nd favorite team!

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    It's easy for you (us) to say Billy should "shut it down", we don't have 4-5 million dollars on the line!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    https://footballscoop.com/news/repor...or-auburn-job/

Thanks for everything Billy. Don't forget to schedule a home and home with us.
    I have to say, I don’t feel at ease at this article. Damn, I thought dodged a bullet.
    GEAUX CAJUNS

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    I have to say, I don’t feel at ease at this article. Damn, I thought dodged a bullet.
    GEAUX CAJUNS
    Then you're not going to like this article either.

https://auburnwire.usatoday.com/list...ead-candidate/

Damn......Well I have in Dr. Maggard. We will keep this thing rolling!

Guess I better enjoy the next week having Billy as our head coach. Was hoping we could keep him one more year and make a real push for the NY6 next year, but doesn't look like that is in the cards.

Good luck in Auburn, Billy.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information