Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: 2018 FB G3: Louisiana 28 Coastal 30

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    And who the F are you with your 9 total posts to come here and start lecturing people?
    If you dont like dont read it,

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Please tell us you’re not serious. Please. Bama will have to pump the brakes to try not to score 70 points against this flag football defense.
    A bazillion % serious

Default Re: Game On Louisiana vs Coastal

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    I'm disappointed in the way the last two weeks unfolded guys, but try to be a little rational here. This team is the product of sanctions and very poor recruiting by the previous staff. The truth is that our talent level is pretty similar to Coastal Carolina's and that showed with a 2 point outcome.
    Lets quit it with the recruiting stuff. This year's team is largely based off of last years with the core being holdovers from HUD. They won 5 games last year and most agree that our coaching was substandard. We spend a butt ton of money on a new staff who is supposed to get it and we are looking just as bad or worse thus far. That is what is concerning.

Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 28 Coastal 30

Quote Originally Posted by bleeo537 View Post
    If you dont like dont read it,
    I don't like stupidity, especially when its lecturing the fans on losing the game. I'm invested in this program and have been for some time like most here. We didn't go out and lose that game like that last night. We have the right to be upset. If YOU don't like it, don't read. Nobody's forcing you to come here.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Y’all can make all the detailed critiques and spin the story line whichever way you want. You can talk about coaching changes, and schedules and talent, all you want. Here is the bottom line folks:

It’s 2018. We’ve invested MILLIONS into our football program over the last decade. We’re paying top level compensation for coaches and have been for the better part of a decade...

And we can’t beat an FCS callup with a back up QB, with most of its team not knowing if they have a home to go back to today. And we probably won’t compete, in the mother ___king sun belt conference, AGAIN.
    this post is sorta EXACTLY RIGHT.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    A bazillion % serious
    Please explain the trap game scenario. Are you suggesting that we held back on our gameplan last night so as not to show Alabama too much? lol.

Dang, everything ok in crawfish town Lafayette?
    Bama next, dang I feel bad for you guys.

Please explain the trap game scenario. Are you suggesting that we held back on our gameplan last night so as not to show Alabama too much? lol.
    Please....We’re waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Y’all can make all the detailed critiques and spin the story line whichever way you want. You can talk about coaching changes, and schedules and talent, all you want. Here is the bottom line folks:

It’s 2018. We’ve invested MILLIONS into our football program over the last decade. We’re paying top level compensation for coaches and have been for the better part of a decade...

And we can’t beat an FCS callup with a back up QB, with most of its team not knowing if they have a home to go back to today. And we probably won’t compete, in the mother ___king sun belt conference, AGAIN.
    You are absolutely correct and this is why Farmer and then Hud were fired. The business of Ragin Cajun football has been mismanaged for years and can't be turned around in 9 months time.

Yes, we are paying a lot of money, and have high expectations, but this is truly a process.

Dabo 1st 2.5 seasons at Clemson = 18-14 and people were begging for TDP and Swinney to be fired.
    Saban 1st 3 seasons at Michigan State 19-16-1.
    Saban 1st season at Alabama 7-6, with a loss to ULM at home and they played in the frickin' Independence Bowl.

My opinion is that we have top notch professionals on board in Maggard and Napier. I trust them to make sound decisions, while trying to balance short-term vs long-term.

We are fans, so it is natural for us to get too high when things are good and too low when things are bad. I don't expect Dr Maggard or Napier to think like that.

BLU, nice effort in BR. You won’t get that from most of these guys. I do appreciate a good effort from big underdogs. Good luck the rest of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by BLU View Post
    Bama is in for a surprise baby. We comin. Dey ain’t gonna know what hit em. Every network is going to switch programming as we enter the fourth quarter. Saban is going to have a coronary. We will forever referred to as lsuam big brother

Relax guys. The sun came up and we are still alive. It may take awhile but Coach Nape will get it fixed

Quote Originally Posted by BLU View Post
    Yup, everything is fine down here. Much happier with our leadership and future than your Tesla-like economics. Enjoy the bragging rights while you got 'em because that light at the end of the tunnel you see is the Cajun train.

How is your Tier 1 status and research budget going?

This is what happens when we start posting while pounding a few beers back and everyone's emotional.... lol
    I drank 3 beers yesterday. I knew exactly what I was saying. It was a joke lol

But seriously that was tough to watch. Our defense FINALLY makes a play and our offense was starting to roll. Put Lewis in and all momentum goes right out the window. Nothing against Levi but it’s obvious who makes the team go. I am the eternal optimist but after last night I’m scratching my head while looking at the schedule to see where our wins are gonna happen. Coaching took us out of the game last night. Let’s hope Billy Billy learns from this and gets better. Remember it’s his first time doing this as well. And lastly I loved the effort of the kids last night. Never quit. Someone pointed out during halftime that if history was any indication we were aboutbto get blown out at home. Last year that happens, this year we fought back. Even though the talent is severely lacking, the heart isn’t. Continue to work hard and get better

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Can any of those excess RB's and WR's tackle?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    You are absolutely correct and this is why Farmer and then Hud were fired. The business of Ragin Cajun football has been mismanaged for years and can't be turned around in 9 months time.

Yes, we are paying a lot of money, and have high expectations, but this is truly a process.

Dabo 1st 2.5 seasons at Clemson = 18-14 and people were begging for TDP and Swinney to be fired.
    Saban 1st 3 seasons at Michigan State 19-16-1.
    Saban 1st season at Alabama 7-6, with a loss to ULM at home and they played in the frickin' Independence Bowl.

My opinion is that we have top notch professionals on board in Maggard and Napier. I trust them to make sound decisions, while trying to balance short-term vs long-term.

We are fans, so it is natural for us to get too high when things are good and too low when things are bad. I don't expect Dr Maggard or Napier to think like that.
    So once again, I'm asking for someone to point out to me why we can't at least expect to see improvement from last year? We have many of the same players and many people were high on the new ones that Napier brought in this year. I don't think many people are expecting 9 wins or anything. I'm just looking to see some improvement on both offense and defense. Things in scheme and use of personnel can be effective immediately.

I can even handle a loss last night although its very disappointing. I can handle that if we have a more effective passing attack using all parts of the field rather than just lobbing jump balls all game to the outside. I can handle a defense that lacks athleticism but why not blitz more, especially when there is a freshman QB in the game? I'd rather give up 30+ points being aggressive and forcing the QB's hand versus playing base defense all game.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread Information