Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: UL taking time to get it right with Cajuns mascot

Default Re: UL taking time to get it right with Cajuns mascot

Doesn't UNO already have a gator mascot?

I conducted a poll which even allowed for write in candidates. Results were as follows:
    1. Pichouette, the Ragin Cajun Dancin' Boudin Ball - 47 votes
    2. The Evangeline Maid bread lady - 36 votes
    3. Vieux Nègre, the wise old Créole sage - 24 votes
    4. The "anti-mascot" mascot, living statue General Mouton and his colorful band of vigilantes - 21 votes
    5. Cayenne - 19 votes
    6. The fabulous Cajun Chicken - 17 votes
    7. Cajun Man - 12 votes
    8. write in candidate - Former Governor Bobby Jindal - 3 votes
    9. Bull Gator - 2 votes
    10. write in candidate - "T-minou" the red and white striped Cajun Tiger - 1 vote

3. Default Re: UL taking time to get it right with Cajuns mascot

I don't recall that poll. Link please.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I don't recall that poll. Link please.
    Sorry you missed out. You can still study the candidates and select the one you wish to vote for (or write in a candidate of your own). Then simply add one to the vote total of your candidate and you can see how you would have come out.

Lets have a chickem mascot that will bring more confusion between us and Monroe. Also one that 90% of Fans under 30 have no clue about

The people have spoken! Now for marketing to work their magic!

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

If its not obvious what the mascot should be, its obvious we don't need a mascot!

Why not a Crawfish? Could make a decent looking mascot. And, with the popularity and momentum of crawfish (food) building into other regions, it would make a great connection.

Or...We could quit being ruled by fear of a handful of perverse malcontents and bring back Cayenne!

The crawfish would fit, but I don't see it as a functional mascot. The only way I'd want to keep the pepper was if Tabasco showed up as a major sponsor (as in stadium naming sponsor). I'm not crazy about the catahoula hound or the pelican. I'm feel a little better about the alligator but think we're a few years too late. The Cajun Man idea wasn't awful but the representation/costume needs to be better. I wouldn't be disappointed with nothing, but I think they believe they have to find an identifiable mascot. Good luck with a consensus.

Tweak this up a little and put him in the uniform the way Cayenne was...

Attached Images Attached Images  

For the 1 millionth time, *sigh*, when your nickname is a group of people, your mascot must either be a physical representation of said people or a background figure that further defines who you are as a people.

In our case, selecting a highly marketable mascot will lessen the branding initiatives just released by the AD. Ragin Cajuns is the primary brand. Not Bulldogs. Not Pelicans. And certainly NOT GATORS.

If we aren't going to select the Catahoula, then our mascot is better off being a great Spirit Leader like the Fabulous Cajun Chicken. The Crawfish man in the above post could work. If we could somehow transform Cayenne into a more lovable figure, I actually would be OK in bringing him back. It would certainly be much better for our branding initiatives than a Gator.

13. Default Re: UL taking time to get it right with Cajuns mascot

Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    Or...We could quit being ruled by fear of a handful of perverse malcontents and bring back Cayenne!
    Cayenne was an utter failure, no one noticed it was missing till an entire school year rolled around.

14. Default Re: UL taking time to get it right with Cajuns mascot

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    For the 1 millionth time, *sigh*, when your nickname is a group of people, your mascot must either be a physical representation of said people or a background figure that further defines who you are as a people.

In our case, selecting a highly marketable mascot will lessen the branding initiatives just released by the AD. Ragin Cajuns is the primary brand. Not Bulldogs. Not Pelicans. And certainly NOT GATORS.

If we aren't going to select the Catahoula, then our mascot is better off being a great Spirit Leader like the Fabulous Cajun Chicken. The Crawfish man in the above post could work. If we could somehow transform Cayenne into a more lovable figure, I actually would be OK in bringing him back. It would certainly be much better for our branding initiatives than a Gator.

15. Default Re: UL taking time to get it right with Cajuns mascot

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    IMO Turbine the Red Bull Gator is the way we should go, BUT he needs to be Kid Friendly! So a little less intimidating, Cajun/Creole type HAT , maybe some hip waders with his clawed feet popping out the boots, Louisiana across his chest, fleur-de-lis's patterned a cross his waders, Ragin Cajun's on his Tail Armor bumps, etc. what say you?
    "Anybody seen my hat?"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information