Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: UL taking time to get it right with Cajuns mascot

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Only this. 1901 when it was reported the town "was ablaze with vermilion the institute color."
    IMO Turbine the Red Bull Gator is the way we should go, BUT he needs to be Kid Friendly! So a little less intimidating, Cajun/Creole type HAT , maybe some hip waders with his clawed feet popping out the boots, Louisiana across his chest, fleur-de-lis's patterned a cross his waders, Ragin Cajun's on his Tail Armor bumps, etc. what say you?

2. Default Re: UL taking time to get it right with Cajuns mascot

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    IMO Turbine the Red Bull Gator is the way we should go, BUT he needs to be Kid Friendly! So a little less intimidating, Cajun/Creole type HAT , maybe some hip waders with his clawed feet popping out the boots, Louisiana across his chest, fleur-de-lis's patterned a cross his waders, Ragin Cajun's on his Tail Armor bumps, etc. what say you?
    Brilliant!

3. UL Football Re: UL taking time to get it right with Cajuns mascot

Send THIS description to Maggard.

Maybe a pair of live gators, one an albino, the other a DNA altered vermilion, good project for the biology dept.

Default Re: UL taking time to get it right with Cajuns mascot

I vote for Daddy Cajun to lead the campaign.

That's a brilliant idea

Quote Originally Posted by UL Ragin Jason View Post
    The cayenne pepper actually made "pardon my take" Mount Rushmore honorable mention of college mascots on today's podcast
    AKA "Nipplehead". Cayenne's dome looks like the top of a baby's bottle.

Go with a knockout Cajun Queen dressed in the most tiny outfit the law will allow. Kids won't think much of it, but if the team sucks, the dads won't care. Win-win.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Great place to set a dead precedent...
    Most excellent.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

No to Cayenne. No to Cajun Man. And know that all kids will like whatever you dress up in a fuzzy colorful costume that runs around acting like a clown. Don't worry about what they like. We could place three of the worst opponent mascots in front of kids and quadruple their delight.

If we need a mascot (and I only slightly think we do) then let's place "least embarrassing to the adult fans" at the top of the list. And whether the mascot "reflects anything whatsoever about UL or the area" secondary to that. If we can't come up with a symbolic mascot (that doesn't just draw ridicule), then just shoot for a totally unsymbolic least embarrassing entertainer of children.

Yes, no doubt about it. And we need to tie it into the gators in Cypress Lake.....which would also help tie the two campuses together......and the new Cypress Lake plaza/green space will be perfect for pep rallies, etc.

10. Default Re: UL taking time to get it right with Cajuns mascot

STOP

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    STOP
    I just stopped because you said to. But then I started again.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I just stopped because you said to. But then I started again.
    This bullgator bs has got to stop. We don't need a mascot. The fans are the mascots. We're all "ragin Cajuns". Just show up at the games people....

13. Default Re: UL taking time to get it right with Cajuns mascot

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    This bullgator bs has got to stop. We don't need a mascot. The fans are the mascots. We're all "ragin Cajuns". Just show up at the games people....
    Quit worrying, no one ever called us Chickens and only once did I ever see a writer call us peppers.

Not only that but the successful switch to Ragin' Cajuns from Bulldogs occurred while UL still had a Bulldog for a mascot.

Your misidentification fears over the -fits like a glove- Bullgator/Gator are unfounded.

Geaux Ragin' Cajuns.

14. Default

Quit worrying, no one ever called us Chickens and only once did I ever see a writer call us peppers.

Not only that but the successful switch to Ragin' Cajuns from Bulldogs occurred while UL still had a Bulldog for a mascot.

Your misidentification fears over the -fits like a glove- Bullgator/Gator are unfounded.

Geaux Ragin' Cajuns.
    I have no idea wtf you are rambling about.

My personal thought is that spending this much time on a mascot is wasteful. Mascots are a novelty of the past. Like someone else pointed out, no matter what we introduce in this day and age, it will be made fun of. Why even bother? We are the most recognizable brand in the G5 (at least) and most unique monicker in sports, period.

We don't need a mascot.

This is more or less why Pichouette, the Ragin Cajun Dancin' Boudin Ball, is perfect. Problem solved, now let's move forward.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information