Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Building of Russo Park at Louisiana

Default Re: Cajundome 'a giant mess' as renovations continue

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I live on congress, they have a couple guys in the morning and are home after lunch, if lemoine had their money you would know it. Again, what would you expect the man to say about his bosses publicly on a radio interview?
    I don't think he would lie about it, and to the degree it would be needed to if the project was in such bad shape as stated here.
    I think there are plenty of ways he could of avoided commenting as much as he did, but without calling out his bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajuns_fan View Post
    I don't think he would lie about it, and to the degree it would be needed to if the project was in such bad shape as stated here.
    I think there are plenty of ways he could of avoided commenting as much as he did, but without calling out his bosses.
    He didn't lie about anything, if I tell you I'm confident the world will end... Am I lying? I never would have expected Tony to handle it any different than the way he did... I promise he is fuming at the thought of where his team might have to play next year because of these morons...and I'm not talking about the contractor. It was stated by many of us almost a month ago that this was gonna be smoke and mirrors and that's exactly what it has been.

3. Default Re: Cajundome 'a giant mess' as renovations continue

NTP has still not been given and the contract is calendar days Helmut.

Next hurdle will be ULS board. And that's not a gimme.

Hold on tight

Default Re: Cajundome 'a giant mess' as renovations continue

He didn't lie about anything, if I tell you I'm confident the world will end... Am I lying? I never would have expected Tony to handle it any different than the way he did... I promise he is fuming at the thought of where his team might have to play next year because of these morons...and I'm not talking about the contractor. It was stated by many of us almost a month ago that this was gonna be smoke and mirrors and that's exactly what it has been.
    He said, with a lot of certainly, that the delay has been due to 1) his requests of waiting past the SR, and 2) that the foundation and electrical work taking longer than planned. Not only that, to me he also said with certainty that the demo would be starting in ~2 weeks. I guess that's the claim he made that I think he would not be making unless he was very sure it was true. That's the sense that I got from listening to the interview, anyway.

He said, with a lot of certainly, that the delay has been due to 1) his requests of waiting past the SR, and 2) that the foundation and electrical work taking longer than planned. Not only that, to me he also said with certainty that the demo would be starting in ~2 weeks. I guess that's the claim he made that I think he would not be making unless he was very sure it was true. That's the sense that I got from listening to the interview, anyway.
    Can you imagine why the demo won't be starting for 2 week$? If things were taking "longer than expected" does lemoine strike you as a contractor who would have 2 guys working for about 4 hours per day?

Default Re: The Tigue in action at Russo Park (no video yet

Can you imagine why the demo won't be starting for 2 week$? If things were taking "longer than expected" does lemoine strike you as a contractor who would have 2 guys working for about 4 hours per day?
    Not trying to be difficult, but the only thing I've heard first hand is Robe's interview. In that interview he clearly (to me) stated there were issues with the electrical stuff, etc. and that building the foundation stuff was not exciting but needed to be done. He reassured us although there has been delays due to those issues, the demo would be started in about two weeks. To me he if felt at all unsure that the demo would not be starting soon he would not have put himself out on a limb like that.

Not trying to be difficult, but the only thing I've heard first hand is Robe's interview. In that interview he clearly (to me) stated there were issues with the electrical stuff, etc. and that building the foundation stuff was not exciting but needed to be done. He reassured us although there has been delays due to those issues, the demo would be started in about two weeks. To me he if felt at all unsure that the demo would not be starting soon he would not have put himself out on a limb like that.
    oh so we looking to start July 21st...not June 14th...July 21st. Nobody is arguing with you that it could start in 2 weeks but if you think it's 5 weeks late because of some electrical issues you are denial. If you are having issues and running behind you don't put 2 guys on it for 4 hours a day...lemoine would be out of business if they operated that way. We don't have the money...more importantly lemoine doesn't have our money. Again, what would you expect him to say about his bosses on the radio.. You still haven't answered that.

oh so we looking to start July 21st...not June 14th...July 21st. Nobody is arguing with you that it could start in 2 weeks but if you think it's 5 weeks late because of some electrical issues you are denial. If you are having issues and running behind you don't put 2 guys on it for 4 hours a day...lemoine would be out of business if they operated that way. We don't have the money...more importantly lemoine doesn't have our money. Again, what would you expect him to say about his bosses on the radio.. You still haven't answered that.
    I live nearby and have driven by numerous times over the last few weeks. I have always seen more than just two guys. Robes discussion of the delay seemed very plausible, and I don't think he would've covered up the delay by lying about the cause.
    And yes, I feel like I've answered your question:
    1) He could've addressed the issue sufficiently PC (i.e., not throwing his bosses under the bus) but without giving the detail that he did. I just truly do not believe he would have been as encouraging to us as he was, if he felt we were/are heading to catastrophe.
    2) If I'm in denial it is because I'm trusting in Robe and what he said.

That said, we agree that the lack of communication from the admin is beyond frustrating and should not be tolerated. And if the funding has been screwed up, it will become public knowledge and we should also not tolerate that.

9. Default

I live nearby and have driven by numerous times over the last few weeks. I have always seen more than just two guys.
    And yes, I feel like I've answered your question:
    1) He could've addressed the issue sufficiently PC (i.e., not throwing his bosses under the bus) but without giving the detail that he did. I just truly do not believe he would have been as encouraging to us as he was, if he felt we were/are heading to catastrophe.
    2) If I'm in denial it is because I'm trusting in Robe and what he said.

That said, we agree that the lack of communication from the admin is beyond frustrating and should not be tolerated. And if the funding has been screwed up, it will become public knowledge and we should also not tolerate that.
    People keep saying "if" this and "if" that.. "If" is happening right in front of you guys. We told y'all this was happening a month ago. What's so hard to understand about it?

Farmer, Savoie, Stewart.. Any of them could have said ANYTHING to quiet the concerns. Stewart and Farmer are regulars on 1420. Why no "stop in" to calm the masses? Why not send out an email JUST TO THOSE who donated directly to the Tigue project to fill valued donors in on what's up?

Easy stuff could have been done, even for those that don't have access to certain conversations.

Why are y'all still in denial??

10. Default Re: The Tigue in action at Russo Park (no video yet

That's what Lemoine told him. This has been going on for weeks. Strange it's taking so long. Maybe with a NTP it'd gone quicker. Robe never said Lemoine was working as fast as possible.

I've done lots of projects with contractors. There is always a marked difference when they're ready.

Robe never addressed the charges of incompetence, but IMO was speaking to reassure the long time investors knowing those charges are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    People keep saying "if" this and "if" that.. "If" is happening right in front of you guys. We told y'all this was happening a month ago. What's so hard to understand about it?

Farmer, Savoie, Stewart.. Any of them could have said ANYTHING to quiet the concerns. Stewart and Farmer are regulars on 1420. Why no "stop in" to calm the masses? Why not send out an email JUST TO THOSE who donated directly to the Tigue project to fill valued donors in on what's up?

Easy stuff could have been done, even for those that don't have access to certain conversations.

LOL....I just stated why/how I'm basing my beliefs: Robes interview.
    I'm truly not trying to be argumentative, but please tell me where I'm wrong in believing in Robe's words. And if you're telling me that he is lying or covering up something to save his bosses....sorry I don't believe that. Again....he could've dodged that easily enough.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    That's what Lemoine told him. This has been going on for weeks. Strange it's taking so long. Maybe with a NTP it'd gone quicker. Robe never said Lemoine was working as fast as possible.

I've done lots of projects with contractors. There is always a marked difference when they're ready.
    So Lemoine is not telling him the truth, and he hasn't figured it out on his own?

13. Default Re: The Tigue in action at Russo Park (no video yet

Didn't say that. Lemoine can be dragging their feet and still be telling the truth technically

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Didn't say that. Lemoine can be dragging their feet and still be telling the truth technically
    But they would still be lying to robe about the progress...or lack thereof....in all those weekly meetings Robe talked about in the interview, right?
    BTW, my neighbor said he happened to be on the same flight home as SF Wednesday. So I'm sure we will be hearing from him shortly. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

Someone called into Jays show Thursday and when Jay let him through, he asked "Am I on the air?" When told yes, he said "Oh, I'll call back later."

IMO it sounded like Stewart. It was strange.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information