Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: The Building of Russo Park at Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    And none of those people would be donors for the football stadium? Its all being done with private funds probably some of the same donors for both sports. I would guess donors with out unlimited funds. Use that money for the engine that drives the ship.
    Money was and is specific for baseball. Cannot be diverted.

2. Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    The only thing I think they should do is move the tempoary lemonade and kettle corn stands from behind home plate, otherwise, I think it looks good on TV. It's a unique look and should be a distraction for the visiting pitcher.
    Call Legal-ade and get CountryTyme to sponsor Louisiana Baseball.

Default Re: What Project is next for Russo Park?

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Your post implied that the University should decide where to allocate private donations based on what sport "drives the bus." Did I misunderstand YOUR point?
    Yes you did. I am not at all saying the university should ask for a donation then decide where its going. I am simply saying many of the same may want to give to russo, the club house and football and there money to donate may be a finite number. Many will give the biggest donation to the first request which will make the football donation less. Over the last few years they asked many of the same people for donations for the softball park, track and soccer complex, russo and now they about to go to them for football. I have always been under the opinion you should have asked for football first and then the others. That wouldn't take anything away from those sports who have donors that only want to give to that specific sport. It would have supported the sport that funds many of those other smaller first.

Yes you did. I am not at all saying the university should ask for a donation then decide where its going. I am simply saying many of the same may want to give to russo, the club house and football and there money to donate may be a finite number. Many will give the biggest donation to the first request which will make the football donation less. Over the last few years they asked many of the same people for donations for the softball park, track and soccer complex, russo and now they about to go to them for football. I have always been under the opinion you should have asked for football first and then the others. That wouldn't take anything away from those sports who have donors that only want to give to that specific sport. It would have supported the sport that funds many of those other smaller first.
    Russo was giving the $5M to Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Russo was giving the $5M to Tony.
    Exactly my point if you read all the way through. I am not talking about the Russo's of the world with the love of only one sport. Never said they should take his money and put it elsewhere. I am talking more about that donor that wants to give some to all sports.

Is russo self funding the club house that has to be built before they can bulldoze the cox? If so then not an issue. If not I am simply saying its time to start asking for football renovation money, so they can move on with the single most important part of the master plan. You know the one that generates the most money for the department.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    The big deck would be great for experiencing a nice wak off.
    Now there is some humor in there, I don't care what kind of a jerk you are (not "you" personally)!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Money was and is specific for baseball. Cannot be diverted.
    Yep never said they should take baseball money and put it elsewhere. If the donor said I want this money to got to________, then it should.

Yep never said they should take baseball money and put it elsewhere. If the donor said I want this money to got to________, then it should.
    And that is exactly what has happened.

Did you really think general funds got diverted to baseball over football. If so you haven't been paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    And that is exactly what has happened.

Did you really think general funds got diverted to baseball over football. If so you haven't been paying attention.
    No I did not and never said as much. I do think they should have raised APC and football first then evey thing else. It's a crying shame the engine that drives the train is still at least 3 yrs out.

No I did not and never said as much. I do think they should have raised APC and football first then evey thing else. It's a crying shame the engine that drives the train is still at least 3 yrs out.
    You are missing the point. They didn't go ask for baseball money. People approached the University specifically for baseball. Should they have said sorry we aren't taking money for baseball until football is funded.

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon;108u2321
    Yes. You are right, what has happened in the last three years with the football program has created apathy with the fans and donors. There is only one place to direct that discourse.

Apparently football donors didn't want to kick up funding. They were trying to get ex-baseball players to fully fund the club house, but I don't know where they are with that process.

A very small but much needed change is umbrellas in the Loge suit tables. Sun is brutal on those late 6:00 starts. Right in your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Call Legal-ade and get CountryTyme to sponsor Louisiana Baseball.
    I’m sure they have been asked and shame on us if we haven’t but Tabasco would be a fantastic sponsor for Louisiana Athletics...maybe even sponsor a bowl game at Cajun Field?

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    I’m sure they have been asked and shame on us if we haven’t but Tabasco would be a fantastic sponsor for Louisiana Athletics...maybe even sponsor a bowl game at Cajun Field?
    Pretty sure we've asked and nothing has come of it from past threads on the topic. Doesn't seem like they're interested for whatever reason. Maybe our case hasn't been compelling enough, and they don't see the value. Seems like a no-brainer from UL's perspective, but I have no idea what the Tabasco folks position is.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information