Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread: Final: Louisiana (37) vs. WKU (20)

Default Re: Louisiana vs. WKU

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Anytime, stop by the tailgate spot if you are walking around.
    Woke up with a massive migraine this morning. Ruined our entire day plans. We'll hit the Corvette Tour on the way outta town tomorrow.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Final: Louisiana (37) vs. WKU (20)

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Am I the only one that noticed that on the last couple of drives, Andrew Jackson was no longer trying to hit Harris straight on? He was trying to arm tackle him on the way past. Guess the All-American had had enough of Zo by then.
    Zo ran harder last night toward the end than I've ever seen him run. He was putting a whipping on his first contact. And he did the spin move, keeping his balance, a couple of times. I think the competition at RB is making our rushing attack a beast. Last night put this team on the map for ground and pound. I think it will kick our offense into a better management of run and pass play options.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    There was one run that Elijah had that he took it to the right and ended up nearly face to face with Jackson in the hole and absolutely made him look like a mid-rate LB juking him and slipping the tackle attempt
    I watched that play on the DVR in slow motion, it was just comical how bad Elijah made Jackson look.

McGuire is going to make a lot of people look silly before he leaves UL. I personally loved when the defender hit him full steam expecting elijah to fall and he just spun off the hit and kept trucking!

Worst part of listening to the game on the radio while watching on TV was the "3 minute commercial Break" that the production kept running but yet, all they did was play the fight song over and over again.

6. Default Re: Final: Louisiana (37) vs. WKU (20)

Harris talked about the matchup with the ASU running back and the guy being the best in the conference---YO Zo said that got him more up to play---So how hard is it to put in a quick "I" package with Harris and McG??? love to see the Dive to the FB, the dive option, the counter, and the counter option---4 plays for the old school guys!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Harris talked about the matchup with the ASU running back and the guy being the best in the conference---YO Zo said that got him more up to play---So how hard is it to put in a quick "I" package with Harris and McG??? love to see the Dive to the FB, the dive option, the counter, and the counter option---4 plays for the old school guys!!! lol
    I'd like to see them in a split backfield.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    I'd like to see them in a split backfield.
    How about the triple option!

:-)

That should start a fun debate!!!

The "Thunder and lighting" approach seems to be working just fine for us. I know chicks dig the long ball but I am loving our run game right now, helps ontrol that clock, gives our D breathers and keeps Broadway healthy.

That was Boyd, the other LB that is supposed to be a stud. He was ready to celebrate the hit until he realized McGuire was still going.

So much fun stuff to talk about we forgot to mention WKU's failure to execute a blackout game. Maybe 50% in black. C'mon, man! Even ULM can execute a proper blackout/whiteout game.

Quote Originally Posted by APragincajun View Post
    Hate to sound like a _____ but im kinda disappointed in how some of our cajuns "fans" bad mouthed coaching and players when we were down early.... Thought that was the reason why we hated the fans up I 10 ....yes we started slow but realize...the game isnt over until the clock hits 0....Congrats to the players and coaches for a great National TV win
    The "HUD spends too much time on social media" was a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    How about the triple option!

:-)

That should start a fun debate!!!
    We ran it very successfully back with Babb, Fenroy and Booger Jenkins and I've always wondered why we don't run it a bit more, at least throw a couple of plays in as a wrinkle to get McGuire and Harris on the field together and you still have the Broadway running threat without having to put him at as much risk. To me, it would make sense to have at least a package of a few plays you could run out of the shotgun, double back set but that's only me

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    The "Thunder and lighting" approach seems to be working just fine for us. I know chicks dig the long ball but I am loving our run game right now, helps ontrol that clock, gives our D breathers and keeps Broadway healthy.
    The passing game can do the same thing for us. We don't have to only throw 30 yard bombs to be successful. I think that our offense is near unstoppable, at least at this level, when we are properly balanced

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    We ran it very successfully back with Babb, Fenroy and Booger Jenkins and I've always wondered why we don't run it a bit more, at least throw a couple of plays in as a wrinkle to get McGuire and Harris on the field together and you still have the Broadway running threat without having to put him at as much risk. To me, it would make sense to have at least a package of a few plays you could run out of the shotgun, double back set but that's only me
    Put Nixon back there and you make Boomer a happy man.

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread Information