Thread: ROUX REVIEW: 2002 set high standards

1. UL Football ROUX REVIEW: 2002 set high standards

The crap-shoot that is collegiate football recruiting had to be even tougher for UL's football program five seasons ago.

The Cajuns were in turmoil as a team, with Jerry Baldwin fired following the 2001 season and the squad winning only six games out of 33 starts the previous three years. New head coach Rickey Bustle kept only three holdovers from the previous year's coaching staff, and none of the new coaches had backgrounds anywhere close to UL, Louisiana or the Gulf South.

Big changes also were afoot in philosophy. UL's offense was morphing from a wide-open spread attack, one that featured four wideouts, to more of a pro-style attack. The defensive facelift included a change to a multiple eight-man front.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

2. UL Football UL's 2002 recruiting class: Where are they now?

JERRY BABB, QB, St. Thomas More High, Lafayette. Redshirted in 2002 natural freshman season. Started at quarterback next four years and ended career as most accurate passer in UL history (56.9%), breaking Jake Delhomme's school record. Ranks second in UL career in passing yards, third in touchdowns and third in total offensive yardage. Missed three games in junior year with injury but otherwise played in all other 42 games of career, starting 38. Led UL in total offense four straight seasons, only second player in UL history to do that (Delhomme, 1993-96). Preseason Sun Belt Player of the Year prior to senior season.
    Grade: Five stars

RASHON BROWN, LB, Captain Shreve High, Shreveport. Never qualified academically.
    Grade: Zero stars.

BRANDON COX, . . .

The rest of the story

Default Re: UL's 2002 recruiting class: Where are they now?

Tyler Wheeler, I thought, transfered to Southeastern when they brought back football.

4. UL Football Re: UL's 2002 recruiting class: Where are they now?

Quote Originally Posted by Pirogue
    Tyler Wheeler, I thought, transfered to Southeastern when they brought back football.
    Could be, I can't find where that was common knowlege here.

Here are some interesting pages from 2002 on the recruiting class. In one of them SwampHound (I miss you SwampHound) thought Cox would apply to the 2003 class.

2002 Recruits

2002 Signing Class

Looking at our recruiting class from a different angle

Thread Information