Page 1 of 98 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2003 Football

1. Default The Book: 2003 Football

Scoreboard from The Swamp's upper deck.

Scoreboard from Cajun Field.

UL Football Are the Saints coming to training camp?

I just heard the Saints were heading out of Thibodaux and coming to Lafayette next year. Didn't they just sign a new contract?

I don't know about them moving to Lafayette, I heard they will play (scrimmage) the Houston Texans next year at Cajun Field and the money will go to UL Athletics.

From the Advocate
    It's going to be wide open," said Bustle of the quarterback derby for next year. Junior quarterback Eric Rekieta will probably undergo elbow surgery in the spring. That would leave senior-to-be Jon Van Cleave and redshirt freshman-to-be Jerry Babb as the Cajuns' leading contenders for the starting job in the spring.

I am glad to see this, may the best QB win.

Why wait till the spring? Hasn't Eric seen how long it has taken Shaq to recover.

UL Football Player Speed

Does anyone know where I can find a list of the 40 times for the Cajun's? Is there another webpage that would have them listed?

6. Default

Nothing handy, I will keep looking. Although the media guide has it for most.

Perhaps I or someone can gather the info that exists.

Hey thanks! It's awful hard coming by information up here in Iowa. I've been thinking about getting that media guide, is it pretty informational? Also, do I buy 2002's or just wait for the next one to come out.

I would like that information also.

Why would anybody believe anything listed in a media guide about height,weight,speed, and power. Nice to read, but hard to believe.

10. UL Football 2003-04 Football

South Carolina (first meeting)
    away FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON

Louisiana Tech (Cajuns trail 33-44-6)
    home

Oklahoma State (Cajuns trail 0-5)
    away

Houston (Cajuns trail 2-5)
    home

Minnesota (Cajuns trail 0-2)
    away

Southern Mississippi (Cajuns trail 11-37-1)
    away

Middle Tennessee* (Cajuns trail 1-3)
    home

Louisiana-Monroe* (series tied 19-19)
    home

New Mexico State* (Cajuns trail 1-4)
    home

Arkansas State* (Cajuns lead 16-15-1)
    away

North Texas* (Cajuns trail 2-5)
    away

Idaho* (Cajuns lead 2-0)
    away

* Sun Belt Conference game
    If new SBC member Utah State is somehow worked into our schedule the series with them is tied at 1-1.
    Teams in bold went to a bowl game or were bowl eligible in 2002.

UL Football

The history of these games indicate we will have a very long season. Hope Bustle understands that what was does not have to be what will be. He is the first UL coach that has been given a real shot to move forward by the administration. He has a lot of baggage to change.

UL Football

I really hope something is worked out with Minnesota to put off going there until 2004 so that we can play Utah State either there or here it does not matter. I think at this time 3 BCS teams on the schedule (USC, OSU & Minnesota) is too much for our very young team. In another thread I started it shows how we played much better against these type teams in 2002 than 2001 but we payed the price for these tough early season games when conference play came around we had no gas in the tank. I don't think we should run from anyone but it is suicide to keep scheduling like this. Hopefully it will change with the 2004 schedule, i.e. more MAC, WAC & C-USA teams than BCS teams. If we can change the Minnesota game to Utah State, we then have 7 conference games, 2 BCS games and 3 Non-BCS 1-A team games. A much more reasonable schedule, one that gives our team a tough test but also a chance to succeed.

Some dates I gathered off of other sites. * indicates the date is off of the teams official athletic website.

08/30 @ South Carolina*
    09/06 Louisiana Tech
    09/13 @ Idaho
    09/20 @ Minnesota*
    10/11 ULM
    11/15 Middle Tennessee

NCAA

Bring 'em on!! Remember.....There's a new sheriff in town!

NCAA

I think we'll go 6-5 with a surprise win infront of a large crowd in the opener vs La Tech. (Tech fans go home happy though because they were able to get some good food and buy some booze in Lafayette)
    (the smiles indicate the Tech fans going home with booze)

Page 1 of 98 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information