Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: SBC Softball Tournament

1. Default Re: SBC Softball Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Your partial quote of mine left out the part that agrees with your reply. So thanks for backing me up.

Once you are "in" a regional it makes no difference if you are the 2 or 3 as to who your next opponent will be. Just win.

Like I said you could be a 17 facing a 47 (or visa versa)

You could also be a 32 vs 33 where it really makes no difference.
    It always makes a difference if you are a 2 or 3 until the last team standing is determined. Nothing with respect to who you got paired with changes at anytime after the pairings are made. To think otherwise is just foolish. If you went in as a 2, theoretically only one team in the regional is better than you. If you went in as a three, theoretically two teams in the regionals are better then you. You play the games to determine if the theoretical rankings hold out. 1, 2, 3 or 4 - you play to win the game.

2. Default Re: SBC Softball Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Caviar View Post
    It always makes a difference if you are a 2 or 3 until the last team standing is determined. Nothing with respect to who you got paired with changes at anytime after the pairings are made. To think otherwise is just foolish. If you went in as a 2, theoretically only one team in the regional is better than you. If you went in as a three, theoretically two teams in the regionals are better then you. You play the games to determine if the theoretical rankings hold out. 1, 2, 3 or 4 - you play to win the game.
    Again, it makes no difference as to who your next opponent will be. Just win.

I don't see any difference in a 32 facing off against a 33.

At the same time, there is a huge advantange/disadvantage in a 17-47 matchup.

Default Re: SBC Softball Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Interesting, if not significant, piece of information: After the Troy-GaSt game yesterday, the four teams left in the tournament were Louisiana and 3 teams that Louisiana beat to send them to the losers bracket.
    They mad.

4. Default Re: SBC Softball Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Johnson career is just about over if she can't fix her mechanics.
    She was not honored on senior day, which makes me believe she will be returning next season. Troy will have a new coaching staff and maybe they can fix her.

5. Default Re: SBC Softball Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsSball22 View Post

She was not honored on senior day, which makes me believe she will be returning next season. Troy will have a new coaching staff and maybe they can fix her.
    ……Just guessing as to teams using different pitchers……if so the quality and drop off in the ace to the next person up is huge in the games out come…an ace vs ace could be a totally different result than #2 vs #2!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsSball22 View Post

Do you think Taylor Smartt stays on staff?

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Interesting, if not significant, piece of information: After the Troy-GaSt game yesterday, the four teams left in the tournament were Louisiana and 3 teams that Louisiana beat to send them to the losers bracket.
    All the more reason why the tournament should be a true double elimination all the way through.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    All the more reason why the tournament should be a true double elimination all the way through.
    Preaching to the choir, 50.

As of yesterdays games, our RPI is still 27, TxSt has moved up to 49, UNT fell to 52, but a win over # 44 WKU today would maybe move them back into the top 50.

TxSt starting Pierce. 0-0 end of 1.

21 for the beach chickens is having herself a tournament.

1-0 coastal

Coastal is really bad in the field. 2-1 TXST.

Tourney should either be single elimination or double. Even if the Cajuns come from the losers bracket I would expect them to have to beat the winners bracket team twice.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    Tourney should either be single elimination or double. Even if the Cajuns come from the losers bracket I would expect them to have to beat the winners bracket team twice.
    How many regionals and supers would we have won if it were single elimination? Just off the top of my head, a couple more in Baton Rouge. Oxford 2019. Tempe supers in 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    How many regionals and supers would we have won if it were single elimination? Just off the top of my head, a couple more in Baton Rouge. Oxford 2019. Tempe supers in 2012?
    Never mind

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information