Texas A&M
    Maine
    TCU
    Louisiana
    Tcu couple weeks ago was a top 8... wow what a fall

5. Default Re: Regional Projection 5-11

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I’ll take that all day long.
    Take that as a ... we would not be in the field of 64. Probably a couple of spots away. Some catch-up to do.

Brian

6. Default Re: Regional Projection 5-11

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Take that as a ... we would not be in the field of 64. Probably a couple of spots away. Some catch-up to do.
    I also do not see the Cajuns getting selected over Clemson. Clemson has 12 Tier 1 wins (12-13) and are 31 spots higher in the RPI. And while they are 9-14 in conference, the ACC is right there tugging on the SEC's heels for the #1 RPI conference. Meanwhile, #28 North Carolina (selected to the field) is 10-14 in conference and only an 11-15 Tier 11 record. #29 Georgia Tech (also selected) is 12-15 in conference, has a solid Tier 1 record of 15-17, but was swept by Clemson. As such, if the committee were to select North Carolina and Georgia Tech (which I think they probably would), they are not going to pass Clemson (at this present time).

Brian

Default Re: Regional Projection 5-11

Secondary SBC baseball note: I am watching the covid chickens implode against a bad UNC-Greensboro team. They are down 2-10 in the 6th. Oops 2-11 as I type.

8. Default Re: Regional Projection 5-11

Bad loses vs good wins. What’s more important

RPI is frustrating. I think overall I would say it’s a good ranking system. But when it hurts, it really hurts. 9-1 in our last 10 games but dropping every day. I think we were as high as 38th in the last couple week? Now down to 56 and I’m sure will drop further even with a win tonight. That sucks.

Do we want coastal to get a miracle or continue to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    RPI is frustrating. I think overall I would say it’s a good ranking system. But when it hurts, it really hurts. 9-1 in our last 10 games but dropping every day. I think we were as high as 38th in the last couple week? Now down to 56 and I’m sure will drop further even with a win tonight. That sucks.
    Yep, its really simple…go win the conference. Thats what we can control.

12. Default Re: Regional Projection 5-11

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    Again, the Cajuns' RPI was affected positively in a very small way with the win last night over Rice. It will be up .0002 tonight with another win. It has been our opponents' performance that has brought our RPI down (last night ... and during our 9-1 streak). And we were not at #38 at the beginning of that 9-1 streak ... it was at the 5-0 point of our streak. So think ... 4-1 and a letdown from our opponents recently.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Lose, or they will steal an at large spot. Hopefully Georgia southern can beat Georgia tech, USM beat ole miss and south al beat uno tonight. Need our previous opponents to get their ___ together.

14. Default Re: Regional Projection 5-11

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Lose.

Brian

15. Default Re: Regional Projection 5-11

I’m assuming we want georgia southern to beat ga tech tonight. uSA UNO was canceled. And ULM plays jackson state. We obviously want them to win.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information