Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sb Tuesday and Wednesday

UL Softball Sb Tuesday and Wednesday

Coach should know something soon if the team will play a DH against Indiana Wednesday. The Cajuns want to play just depends if Indiana thinks they have the pitching. Since Illinois dropped to a single game and could have canceled all alone Coach Glasco has asked them to play in our opening 2024 tournament. Coach Perry played at LSU so she will be up for heading to Lafayette.

Default Re: Sb Tuesday and Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Coach should know something soon if the team will play a DH against Indiana Wednesday. The Cajuns want to play just depends if Indiana thinks they have the pitching. Since Illinois dropped to a single game and could have canceled all alone Coach Glasco has asked them to play in our opening 2024 tournament. Coach Perry played at LSU so she will be up for heading to Lafayette.
    Does Illinois owe us any $ for canceling a game?

Coach should know something soon if the team will play a DH against Indiana Wednesday. The Cajuns want to play just depends if Indiana thinks they have the pitching.
    That 19-0 beat down the Cajuns put on SLU this PM might make the Hoosiers think twice.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Does Illinois owe us any $ for canceling a game?
    If they would have canceled both they would have had to pay us. Since they still wanted to play a single Glasco will trade off for them to come to Lamson Park in 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    That 19-0 beat down the Cajuns put on SLU this PM might make the Hoosiers think twice.
    SLU was weak so the Cajuns and the Hoosier will not put much stock into that game.

Indiana is playing Notre Dame (#21 rpi) tomorrow, the Cajuns (#34) Wednesday and Northwestern (#7) this weekend. If they add another game to that murderer's row, I will question their sanity.

7. Default Re: Sb Tuesday and Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Indiana is playing Notre Dame (#21 rpi) tomorrow, the Cajuns (#34) Wednesday and Northwestern (#7) this weekend. If they add another game to that murderer's row, I will question their sanity.
    Yes, but IU is 23-12 with a 61 RPI, playing UL, NU and ND albeit brutal, could really help them if they could pull out a couple of wins.

UL Softball Re: Sb Tuesday and Wednesday

Other games today which will affect our RPI [Desired winner marked with *]:
    Texas State* vs UTSA
    UTA* vs Baylor
    ULM* vs Mississippi St 3 [L]
    App* vs ETSU [Double Header] 3 [W x 2]
    Indiana* vs Notre Dame L
    Lipscomb* vs WKU
    LaTech* vs Ole Miss
    Central Connecticut* vs Sacred Heart [Double Header] 2xL
    Alabama* vs Alcorn
    Alabama* vs N. Alabama 2[W]
    McNeese vs LSU*
    aTm CC vs Texas Southern* Cancelled
    Portland St* vs Oregon

The Texas State, UTA, ULM and App games are 3X as important as a single game.
    The Alabama and LSU games are 2X
    All others are 1X

Updated to show wins and losses affecting our RPI

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Other games today which will affect our RPI [Desired winner marked with *]:
    Texas State* vs UTSA
    UTA* vs Baylor
    ULM* vs Mississippi St
    App* vs ETSU [Double Header]
    Indiana* vs Notre Dame
    Lipscomb* vs WKU
    LaTech* vs Ole Miss
    Central Connecticut* vs Sacred Heart [Double Header]
    Alabama* vs Alcorn
    Alabama* vs N. Alabama
    McNeese vs LSU*
    aTm CC vs Texas Southern*
    Portland St* vs Oregon

The Texas State, UTA, ULM and App games are 3X as important as a single game.
    The Alabama and LSU games are 2X
    All others are 1X
    You know, it’s such a struggle figuring out the whole RPI thing…..for all sports….it sure is nice when you break this down for us. You answer all the the questions I had, esp the impact of the other games. Great post, and thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    You know, it’s such a struggle figuring out the whole RPI thing…..for all sports….it sure is nice when you break this down for us. You answer all the the questions I had, esp the impact of the other games. Great post, and thanks.
    I echo (echo) your comments!

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    While I know HOW they figure it, I don't have time to figure all the math to be able to predict the exact impact each game will have. Unless the rules have changed, each team's RPI score = .25[record]+.5[opponents record]+.25[opponents opponents record] figured to 4 decimal places. As of today the Cajun's score is .6040, which ranks 35th, according to D1Softball. Illinois is 34th with an RPI score of .6045.

If the season ended today, we would be a 3 seed in probably Austin, Fayetteville or Tuscaloosa.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    While I know HOW they figure it, I don't have time to figure all the math to be able to predict the exact impact each game will have. Unless the rules have changed, each team's RPI score = .25[record]+.5[opponents record]+.25[opponents opponents record] figured to 4 decimal places. As of today the Cajun's score is .6040, which ranks 35th, according to D1Softball. Illinois is 34th with an RPI score of .6045.

If the season ended today, we would be a 3 seed in probably Austin, Fayetteville or Tuscaloosa.
    The only difference between an "2" and "3" seed is one team is home and one team is the away team.

Unless things have changed the ncaa only list the #1 seed. It is easy to know who the 4 seed is because they play each other first round. Then the 2 and 3 seed plays each other.

13. Default Re: Sb Tuesday and Wednesday

The only difference between an "2" and "3" seed is one team is home and one team is the away team.

Unless things have changed the ncaa only list the #1 seed. It is easy to know who the 4 seed is because they play each other first round. Then the 2 and 3 seed plays each other.
    The other difference is that if you go as a 2 seed, the other team who goes as a 3 seed should theoretically be a weaker team.

Would being a 2 or 3 seed have any bearing on where you're sent? Any word on the possible DH with Indiana?

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Would being a 2 or 3 seed have any bearing on where you're sent? Any word on the possible DH with Indiana?
    It could have a bearing. I didn't hear anything yet.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information