Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: #CheerLeaders

1. Default #CheerLeaders

everybody in Lafayette has a chair back bleacher seat . . . c'mon man . . .

Default Re: 70th Annual Mid-Winter Fair and Pro Rodeo Set for Jan. 5-8 at Blackham

And with the rodeo you aren’t really emotionally tied to any outcome unlike sporting events. If it’s a well produced show you almost can’t go home upset.

Which reminds me of how beneficial the Cajun Chicken was to the overall entertainment value at basketball games. In a losing game his antics took peoples concentration away from the losing and the bitterness that comes along with it. Now we don’t even have a mascot and have to rely on things most fans unfortunately don’t care about like cheerleaders and the ragin jazz.

3. Default Re: 70th Annual Mid-Winter Fair and Pro Rodeo Set for Jan. 5-8 at Blackham

Hold on, who don’t care about the cheer leaders . . . raise your hand, high . . .

4. Default Re: 70th Annual Mid-Winter Fair and Pro Rodeo Set for Jan. 5-8 at Blackham

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Hold on, who don’t care about the cheer leaders . . . raise your hand, high . . .
    Me. I can't believe it hasn't been done away with by now, actually.

Default Re: 70th Annual Mid-Winter Fair and Pro Rodeo Set for Jan. 5-8 at Blackham

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Me. I can't believe it hasn't been done away with by now, actually.
    Ditto.

Part of what has hurt amateur sports. In fact, our cheerleaders and dance teams headed to competitions in Orlando next week. Both groups, along with marching band season, aren’t there for the product they’re allegedly there supporting. This has grown thru the years, it’s about “me”.

That’s the best thing about a MASCOT with headgear. Unknown, they’re for promotion.

6. Default Re: 70th Annual Mid-Winter Fair and Pro Rodeo Set for Jan. 5-8 at Blackham

Sorry, but I will ALWAYS like the cheer leaders . . . sometimes the best athletes on the floor . . . generally the easiest to look at . . .

7. UL Basketball Re: 70th Annual Mid-Winter Fair and Pro Rodeo Set for Jan. 5-8 at Blackham

If cheer leaders aren’t leading cheers at UL events we don’t need them at all. Same for marching bands. I’m fine with them doing things that don’t interfere with their primary reason for existence.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    If cheer leaders aren’t leading cheers at UL events we don’t need them at all. Same for marching bands. I’m fine with them doing things that don’t interfere with their primary reason for existence.
    Anyone that witnessed their routine at the basketball game last Thursday knows they're wasting time and money going to a national competition.

You go tell them athletics is the reason for their existence. Lol

10. Default Re: 70th Annual Mid-Winter Fair and Pro Rodeo Set for Jan. 5-8 at Blackham

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    You go tell them athletics is the reason for their existence. Lol
    I’m not going to tell anyone anything. Let’s just say at some point in the past they were created to boost sports, football in particular. What else are you cheering for? The band? Well marching bands definitely predate football. Still you don’t need to waste time marching to learn music and various instruments.

I’m not going to tell anyone anything. Let’s just say at some point in the past they were created to boost sports, football in particular. What else are you cheering for? The band? Well marching bands definitely predate football. Still you don’t need to waste time marching to learn music and various instruments.
    Very true. Besides the mastery of the instrument comes before the marching.

12. Default Re: #CheerLeaders

If anyone watched the CFP last night, someone needs to get the tape of that game to Missel. That's how a band is supposed to sound during a football game.

Default Re: #CheerLeaders

Wait a minute. You idiots are complaining about the cheerleaders? Some even saying we should disband cheer and the Ragin Jazz?

These are students that pay tuition, attend classes, & work towards a degree while practicing and performing at games. I’m guessing a cheerleader turned you down on the strip in your younger days. That has the be the only reason someone would want to get rid of them.

14. Default Re: #CheerLeaders

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Wait a minute. You idiots are complaining about the cheerleaders? Some even saying we should disband cheer and the Ragin Jazz?

These are students that pay tuition, attend classes, & work towards a degree while practicing and performing at games. I’m guessing a cheerleader turned you down on the strip in your younger days. That has the be the only reason someone would want to get rid of them.
    As a person who tried to fight our football players and their families, I don't think you have much room to get sanctimonious, pal.

My comment was directly related to the environment in which we live today, where the notion of female empowerment has evolved to a completely different level. I can't speak for the others who commented. I can tell you this: My wife would happily pay tuition before she'd allow our daughter to accept a scholarship to "perform" for your viewing pleasure.

Calm down.

Default Re: #CheerLeaders

I thought the bit the cheerleaders used to do with the band where they would lay down to form the U then get up and form the L, then the Ragin Cajuns Geaux UL thing was pretty cool. Do they still do that?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information