Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New '23 Commit - CB Shad Nkuba II

Default Re: New '23 Commit - CB Shad Nkuba II

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    6% of all college athletes make it to the next level, that is it. I read 40% of all kids entering the transfer portal do not end up going somewhere else to play. The whole point of the University is to give someone an opportunity for a prosperous education/career and become a good functional citizen. We as a society have forgotten this and the NIL and transfer portal has made the situation even worse.
    One of the really good things our univeristy does is educate all our student-athletes about the transfer portal (and probably nil now) so that they are aware of the numbers; and that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

At some point this will begin to change, or at least I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    And without sports, many of these would not have attended one day of college.
    But that has nothing to do with NIL

3. Default Re: New '23 Commit - CB Shad Nkuba II

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    But that has nothing to do with NIL
    What is your source for that?

Common sense. An athletic scholarship and an NIL deal aren't synonymous. You don't need an NIL deal to get to see "one day in college". It's sad I have to explain that to you.

5. Default Re: New '23 Commit - CB Shad Nkuba II

Common logic, it seems.

No arrival ... No NIL

Can’t get the NIL if you never display the skill.

6. Default Re: New '23 Commit - CB Shad Nkuba II

Common sense says that the more you get from being a student athlete the more incentive you have to stay a student athlete.

7. Default Re: New '23 Commit - CB Shad Nkuba II

Common sense says that the more you get from being a student athlete the more incentive you have to stay a student athlete.
    Right and "without sports, many of these would not have attended one day of college."

Without a day of college they would not have a day of NIL.

So no college no NIL.

And without sports, many of these would not have attended one day of college, meaning that has nothing to do with NIL.

You need a source for that?

8. Default Re: New '23 Commit - CB Shad Nkuba II

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Right and "without sports, many of these would not have attended one day of college."

Without a day of college they would not have a day of NIL.

So no college no NIL.

And without sports, many of these would not have attended one day of college, meaning that has nothing to do with NIL.

You need a source for that?
    I don’t want to argue with you but your analysis is circuitous. I guess you believe room and board and scholarships have nothing to do with attending a day of college?

NIL is just an added benefit which can only be earned by attending college. And I do believe that added benefit is responsible for some staying in college longer and completing their education and that NIL creates 1000 times more contacts for student athletes with the business community than any scholarship or room and board award. The latter thus provides many more opportunities for employment and a career after being a student athlete is completed.

So, for a University like ours, NIL may be a negative . . . for the student athlete it is almost always a positive . . .

Y'ALL GOT ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT MY BOY SHAD OR WHAT?!?!?!??!

Dude's last name makes me wanna light a cigar.

NIL is pay for play. The math to a 20 yr old

$25k-100+k >>> $0

In football coaches don't renew scholarships to underachieving players. In FCS DII DIII that's the end of career... a big chunk of the unsigned transfer portal lies here.

Enough about NIL!

What’s the skinny on this kid? Who else offered him?

12. Default Re: New '23 Commit - CB Shad Nkuba II

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Enough about NIL!

If you are into who has offered, you won't be happy with the offers. I can tell you that.

Northern Colorado, Northwestern State and Weber State. His brother committed to Arizona State.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    If you are into who has offered, you won't be happy with the offers. I can tell you that.

Northern Colorado, Northwestern State and Weber State. His brother committed to Arizona State.
    Yes, I am always interested in others that have offered. Not the best company but let’s turn him into an all SBC Player!

Thanks

14. Default Re: New '23 Commit - CB Shad Nkuba II

Yes, I am always interested in others that have offered. Not the best company but let’s turn him into an all SBC Player!

Thanks
    These are from his 247 page, on twitter he also mentions offers from Jackson State and Lamar.

Enough about NIL!

He is very similar to Wiser, meaning he started one season in JC and has 3 more years of eligibility. This was Billy Napier's approach and Coach Desormeaux has continued it, signing only JC athletes that have 3 years of eligibility. Because of the Portal, skilled athletes that have only 1 yr. of starting experience will not be in high demand unless they were highly ranked coming out of HS and were placed there by P5. You can find athletes at DB and WR all over the place. Quality DL and OL are a different matter, all programs will take them were they find them.

To answer your question, he doesn't have any major offers. That doesn't concern me because Wiser didn't either. If he can play, it will begin with working his way into the depth chart.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information