Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: SBC BB Final: Louisiana 3, Coastal Carolina 6

1. Default Re: 4 Louisiana v 1 Coastal Carolina | 7:30 Tonight

Man, we need to win tonight, currently D1 Baseball has us as the #1 team out of the tournament with his new projections this morning. A win tonight would put us right in the running.

I think personally a win tonight and a win vs an elimination team on Friday would basically make it tough to be kept out.

Thoughts?

Default Re: 4 Louisiana v 1 Coastal Carolina | 7:30 Tonight

In other games, the propoganda has begun. aTm, the 10 seed in the SEC tournament, throws their second 1 hitter of the tournament. "Secures a spot in the NCAA tournament" was announced by one of the talking heads.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Man, we need to win tonight, currently D1 Baseball has us as the #1 team out of the tournament with his new projections this morning. A win tonight would put us right in the running.

I think personally a win tonight and a win vs an elimination team on Friday would basically make it tough to be kept out.

Thoughts?
    The way the committee(s) in the NCAA pick and choose criteria from year to year, I can't help but think that the only impressive weekend on our entire resume is TxSt. 2 more wins would only get us to 39. I think number of stolen bids will weigh heavily on our chances.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    In other games, the propoganda has begun. aTm, the 10 seed in the SEC tournament, throws their second 1 hitter of the tournament. "Secures a spot in the NCAA tournament" was announced by one of the talking heads.
    THIS is the problem. If we do not win the tournament, I will not make the selection show a priority. I will expect us to be kept out. After all, it was just last year the committee was "validated" by last-team-in Ole Miss winning the whole thing. Expect a SEC bottom dweller to be picked over us.

5. Default Re: 4 Louisiana v 1 Coastal Carolina | 7:30 Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    The way the committee(s) in the NCAA pick and choose criteria from year to year, I can't help but think that the only impressive weekend on our entire resume is TxSt. 2 more wins would only get us to 39. I think number of stolen bids will weigh heavily on our chances.
    It would be hard to keep out a team that is hot and made a run in a tough conference tournament out in my opinion. This team has proven it can hang with really good teams all year. Im interested to see how we play tonight, a win would help out so much with weakening Coastal's pitching staff for the saturday game/games.

We need to win the tournament period.

7. Default Re: 4 Louisiana v 1 Coastal Carolina | 7:30 Tonight

Tonight, is huge in my opinion, both from a winning the tournament perspective and a chance at a big run at large perspective.

Either way, it is important that we play well and get a win over a really good CCU team. We should be 2-1 vs USM and CCU, can't believe we lost both of the game 3's like we did. USM scored 2 in the 8th to beat us and CCU scored one in 9th with 2 outs to tie us and take us to extra innings.

Turbine-

Can you flip the thread title from 4 Louisiana v 1 Coastal to -

1 Coastal v 4 Louisiana | 7:30 Tonight

Jay Walker pointed out we're home team tonight.

Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by des for pres View Post
    It would be hard to keep out a team that is hot and made a run in a tough conference tournament out in my opinion. This team has proven it can hang with really good teams all year. Im interested to see how we play tonight, a win would help out so much with weakening Coastal's pitching staff for the saturday game/games.
    I think the committee definitely would look at it that way for a P5 conference. I'm not holding my breath for us.

And with all due respect, they've also shown that they can completely implode against mediocre teams as well.

10. Default Re: 4 Louisiana v 1 Coastal Carolina | 7:30 Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    I think the committee definitely would look at it that way for a P5 conference. I'm not holding my breath for us.

And with all due respect, they've also shown that they can completely implode against mediocre teams as well.
    Committee has too many reasons to keep us out. We have to win the tournament, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    We need to win the tournament period.
    Unfortunately Dale is correct.

Name:  D1 Rankings going into Coastal and Louisiana.png
Views: 298
Size:  34.0 KB

With all that we have heard about East side of the Basin this year, Coastal is Two spots behind them @ 7 (D1Baseball) Ranking.

Reason I'm stating this is due to those Guest we have on the board (RP Thread) during play tonight who may have no idea how big of a game this is.

Let's Geaux.

13. Default Re: 4 Louisiana v 1 Coastal Carolina | 7:30 Tonight

First pitch from Texas State and Georgia State is 2:01, so about 30 minutes late.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    First pitch from Texas State and Georgia State is 2:01, so about 30 minutes late.
    I am watching them now, they must have sneaked in while the umps were eating.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    This may be the most important one in the path . . .
    The toughest for sure

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information