Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14

Thread: SBC Tourney Final: Louisiana 6, Texas State 1

Default Re: Louisiana v Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Call on the field has all the weight. I’m kind of okay with that. It may be wrong but the human side of baseball prevails. Avoid the strike box on tv.
    The call on the field should be irrelevant. The idea of replay is to get the call right if it is missed by the ump.

Default Re: Louisiana v Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    The call on the field should be irrelevant. The idea of replay is to get the call right if it is missed by the ump.
    Agreed. But no one likes to look like a bozo. Stick with the call and hope you save face.

3. Default Re: SBC Tourney Final: Louisiana 6, Texas State 1

They blew it . . .

4. Default Re: Louisiana v Texas State | 7:30 Tonight

Roll-On
    Big RED

Default Re: SBC Tourney Final: Louisiana 6, Texas State 1

The SBC needs to ditch that PBP with the former Texas State coach onESPN+. All last year, he Lafayette’d us. This year, apparently someone spoke to him regarding this, yet he had to self correct a few times last night.

I get the me to u’s in state, but a former coach from an out of state conference mate? Really pretty juvenile.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    The SBC needs to ditch that PBP with the former Texas State coach onESPN+. All last year, he Lafayette’d us. This year, apparently someone spoke to him regarding this, yet he had to self correct a few times last night.

I get the me to u’s in state, but a former coach from an out of state conference mate? Really pretty juvenile.
    I think the play by play guy is pretty good. I did hear the color guy Lafayette us then quickly say Louisiana. I’m guessing that’s who you are referring to.

7. Default Re: SBC Tourney Final: Louisiana 6, Texas State 1

We have to remember that many, many, many people out there are not ULL’ing us out of spite or with any intent to set us back. Years of hearing that without a dog in the hunt will subliminally bring it back with no ill will. I had a close acquaintance who has a degree in education from Louisiana and a law degree from LSU post her decision to wear a Louisiana shirt for the Sunday softball games while her husband who has two degrees from LSU wore purple and gold. In the past she used ULL to refer to us. I can promise you this was out of naivety and not out of spite. We still have a long, long , long way to go in educating the general public and even our alumni, especially those that went to USL . . . and there are a lot of us.

Coach Harrington is an excellent analyst. Watched him several times during the season on TxSt and UT games. Robe had a ton of respect for him. He also stood by Robe in the quest to get baseball off Easter Sunday. A really good man who has forgotten more baseball than any of us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I think the play by play guy is pretty good. I did hear the color guy Lafayette us then quickly say Louisiana. I’m guessing that’s who you are referring to.
    Yeah, that's him. Could not keep Lafayette out his mouth. (*&%!! him and the horse he rode in on. There was no way he did not know better last year, zero tolerance this year.

He knew what he was doing, don't care if he knows baseball a thousand different ways. That's why he is there...knowledge...not be a little beach about our name.

I don't envoke the name of Robe because it is not fair to Degs. But if Harrington knew Robe so well, he knew our team's preferred name.

10. Default Re: SBC Tourney Final: Louisiana 6, Texas State 1

And Texas State San Marcos was their handle once upon a time. You’d think they’d be a little more inclined to do the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    And Texas State San Marcos was their handle once upon a time. You’d think they’d be a little more inclined to do the right thing.
    And Southwest Texas State before that.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14

Thread Information