Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: SB G2 Final: Louisiana 4, App St. 0

1. Default Re: SB G2 Final: Louisiana 4, App St. 0

Quote Originally Posted by SportyCajun459 View Post
    This floored me when he told me this. The parent swore this was the truth. I am not saying it is fact nor am I saying it is fiction. I am just relaying what I was told. I would have figured with Glasco's reputation as a hitting guru, he would be working with the struggling hitters to work out their problems.
    Not really hard to believe at all that Glasco doesn't do much in-season hitting adjustments. Coaches only get 20 hours per week to spend on practice with their team. If they are playing games during the 7 day period, games count as 3 hours towards this maximum. Players are also mandated a day off during the week. So in reality, while the season is going on, it really is pretty much left up to the girls to figure things out on their own. They can sit down and watch video with a coach but one on one cage time is very limited because of regular practice obligations and NCAA regulations. As far a for Glasco having a reputation as a hitting guru, you can't be around the game as long as he has and not have picked something up about hitting mechanics. Whether he can teach that to an 18-22 year old, I don't know. I do know there aren't all that many J. T. Gasso's out there right now who can really teach the mechanics of power hitting.

Default Re: SB G2 Final: Louisiana 4, App St. 0

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    Not really hard to believe at all that Glasco doesn't do much in-season hitting adjustments. Coaches only get 20 hours per week to spend on practice with their team. If they are playing games during the 7 day period, games count as 3 hours towards this maximum. Players are also mandated a day off during the week. So in reality, while the season is going on, it really is pretty much left up to the girls to figure things out on their own. They can sit down and watch video with a coach but one on one cage time is very limited because of regular practice obligations and NCAA regulations. As far a for Glasco having a reputation as a hitting guru, you can't be around the game as long as he has and not have picked something up about hitting mechanics. Whether he can teach that to an 18-22 year old, I don't know. I do know there aren't all that many J. T. Gasso's out there right now who can really teach the mechanics of power hitting.
    If anyone knows, you do. Thanks for the insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    The average fans doesn't understand ncaa rules and how it is applied to each sport, specifically softball and baseball.

"Glasco's reputation as a hitting guru"

Funny stuff

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    "Glasco's reputation as a hitting guru"

Funny stuff
    The team was #2 in the nation last year in batting average.

6. Default Re: SB G2 Final: Louisiana 4, App St. 0

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    The team was #2 in the nation last year in batting average.
    I’m so glad those stats helped us win that Clemson regional.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    I’m so glad those stats helped us win that Clemson regional.
    Well our best pitcher and batter was out with Covid. So we will never know what may have happened.

8. Default Re: SB G2 Final: Louisiana 4, App St. 0

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Well our best pitcher and batter was out with Covid. So we will never what may have happened.
    Right - same thing they say for 2019. “We never know what might have happened if…”. So many ifs, so little post-season results.

SBC tends to increase averages for the Cajuns. We have upgraded this year in that respect. We're sitting around 50th now in batting average. I expect that to go up in conference play.

Right - same thing they say for 2019. “We never know what might have happened if…”. So many ifs, so little post-season results.
    Only nine teams can say they have been in the post season every year since 2000. The Cajuns are one of those nine.

I never heard excuses in 2019.

This year will be more of the same if we continue to only have one pitcher that is consistent

13. Default Re: SB G2 Final: Louisiana 4, App St. 0

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    This year will be more of the same if we continue to only have one pitcher that is consistent
    Bingo.

Let's make this more interesting.

When you post an issue, post your solution. This is the place to go to find out how to do something the right way, isn't it?

What good is it to complain about something if you don't have a way to fix it?

So, let's fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Very simply the game has changed because of the money that has flowed into softball programs. I don't think our program has tailed off as much as other programs have improved, so yes we do fall behind P5 programs more than in the past. How does Glasco battle this, by swinging for the fences. He has proven to be a top notch recruiter, but he also isn't afraid to take chances. Bringing on Justin Robichaux is a high risk, high reward move. If it works, he is doing something that fundamentally changes the game and gives the Cajuns an advantage that forces P5 programs to adjust.

The jury is still out on if it works, but being a risk taker is what is needed for the Cajuns in competing with the big spenders in all sports.
    Ok, now I finally understand. We have gotten much better but all the other teams have gotten much much better.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information