Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 23-24 Hoops

Default Re: 23-24 Hoops

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Brawl in their game against Liberty. Fans and teams were involved.
    They were playing at Liberty High. Liberty High’s fans and players stormed the court after a Liberty High player was standing over a Zachary player. Zachary’s coach ran in to pull his player out

If Brown goes, it's gonna be reset button time. As we have seen before, several times, they are gonna give him another 3 years to reset the roster.

Would be a great time to change direction with a younger, hungrier guy, with different connections that can inject some excitement into the program. We need a basketball HUD.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes sir, that's him. I'm not sure he still plans on signing.
    I don’t have any sources, but his Twitter page is nothing but retweets of our basketball team tweets from the last couple of weeks

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes sir, that's him. I'm not sure he still plans on signing.
    2 different articles in the Morning Advocate describe him as a signee for our program. Doesn't say much for their reporters if they're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    They were playing at Liberty High. Liberty High’s fans and players stormed the court after a Liberty High player was standing over a Zachary player. Zachary’s coach ran in to pull his player out
    LHSAA was right in their decision, every coach knew what the penalty was. Players should have been informed.

This isn’t the only example of adult stupidity this year in the state. Washington-Marion and Eunice hooked it up too and stayed home at playoff time. Know there were at least 3 others, BB might know who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    2 different articles in the Morning Advocate describe him as a signee for our program. Doesn't say much for their reporters if they're wrong.
    He has not signed. I believe his commitment came after the fall period ended. Spring signing period starts sometime in April. I think it begins the second Wednesday of the month. He was named the MVP of the LHSCA All Star game that was played today. I don’t know his stats for the game. In an interview with his coach before the All Star game, it was stated he moved from point guard to the 2 spot this season as that was best for the team. Zachary went 21 and 7 this year. Hardy averaged over 21ppg, 5 rpg, and 2 apg this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    He has not signed. I believe his commitment came after the fall period ended. Spring signing period starts sometime in April. I think it begins the second Wednesday of the month. He was named the MVP of the LHSCA All Star game that was played today. I don’t know his stats for the game. In an interview with his coach before the All Star game, it was stated he moved from point guard to the 2 spot this season as that was best for the team. Zachary went 21 and 7 this year. Hardy averaged over 21ppg, 5 rpg, and 2 apg this season.
    Figured the info in the articles was wrong based on what T posted earlier. Thanks for the update.

Clarification. Hardy was named the East MVP. West team had a separate MVP. West won game 102 to 88. Better defense played in the competitive Pick up games at Reds. However that is to be expected in an All Star game of this nature.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    LHSAA was right in their decision, every coach knew what the penalty was. Players should have been informed.

This isn’t the only example of adult stupidity this year in the state. Washington-Marion and Eunice hooked it up too and stayed home at playoff time. Know there were at least 3 others, BB might know who they are.
    I understand the LHSAA has a precedent but in this case, the visiting team and court is being rushed by non- players from the home school. The visiting head coach ran in to pull his player out to protect him. It’s a no win situation for the visiting team

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    I understand the LHSAA has a precedent but in this case, the visiting team and court is being rushed by non- players from the home school. The visiting head coach ran in to pull his player out to protect him. It’s a no win situation for the visiting team
    Both kids were fighting before the ref even got to them. LHSAA told everyone the rules. Absolutely ok with their ruling.

Crowd control is on the home team. If the officials let the game get out of hand, that’s for LHSAA to fix beyond the game. Read an article during the Eunice/WM mess going down at least 8 teams’ playoff hopes got crushed due to this stupidity.

Both my kids officiated soccer and were decent. Both quit because of being cursed at repeatedly by adults. That was almost 20 years ago. I’m gathering across the board, it has not gotten better.

LHSAA has to have a zero tolerance policy because it’s apparently not getting better at the youth level. They’re trying to save h/s sports like them or not. Mommy and daddy aren’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    To everyone thinking it’s a foregone conclusion that Brown is gone, I’d say not so fast my friends.
    Don't go JMV on us. If you know something, spill it! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    To everyone thinking it’s a foregone conclusion that Brown is gone, I’d say not so fast my friends.
    Call it unfinished business..

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Call it unfinished business..
    I keep having a feeling and hearing JB might come back. It is a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Don't go JMV on us. If you know something, spill it! LOL
    Nobody is required to spill anything. Stop being jealous, it's a sickness of plenty of folks on this site. I don't know anything about the situation and I will not beg for information. I will find out when most others find out.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information