Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: BB G1 Final: Louisiana 15, Arkansas State 4

Default Re: BB G1 Fi al: Louisiana 15, Arkansas State 4

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    What a wild reaction to tonight’s game
    Is there a team in D1 baseball that you think we should expect to sweep?

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Yes. There are some in our conference and A St is one of them.

Sure. A bunch of them.

My comment was just based on watching the team get a dominant start from our Friday night guy (he was great), knock the ball all over the (and over) the yard, run the bases like crazy and have a great win to kick off the conference season…and instead of fans being happy and enjoying that, there’s back to back posts about what the doom and gloom will be if we don’t win the next two games.

To each his own, but is it so hard to enjoy victories?

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Sure. A bunch of them.

My comment was just based on watching the team get a dominant start from our Friday night guy (he was great), knock the ball all over the (and over) the yard, run the bases like crazy and have a great win to kick off the conference season…and instead of fans being happy and enjoying that, there’s back to back posts about what the doom and gloom will be if we don’t win the next two games.

To each his own, but is it so damn hard to enjoy victories?
    I think you are putting some things in to those posts that just isn’t there. Both guys essentially just said we need to sweep.

There’s nothing stopping someone from enjoying the victory and recognizing the opportunity in front of the team. I could say the same to you. You jump in almost game thread to comment on the reactions of other posters. Can’t you just enjoy the victories?

I think you are putting some things in to those posts that just isn’t there. Both guys essentially just said we need to sweep.

There’s nothing stopping someone from enjoying the victory and recognizing the opportunity in front of the team. I could say the same to you. You jump in almost game thread to comment on the reactions of other posters. Can’t you just enjoy the victories?
    Good point. I’ll do my best not to do that anymore.

Back to the game, there were some very positive things from last night. Yes, the opponent wasn’t great, but they are in the SBC so things are ramped up now.

Clay Wargo getting in and getting his first college hit was great. Stelly with a ringing double, Higgs’ grand slam was impressive as hell. Hammering an up and away FB down the oppo foul line was something.

Jake was awesome. Robichaux gets his first start, and in the lead off spot, and gets on 4 times. Yuhasz looks like he has a big future. And the regulars that you expect to get stuff done, all did. Taylor’s defense at 2B was another aspect that was good to see.

I think this team has a chance to be really good. Pitching seems to be getting better and better. Guys are starting to solidify their roles, at least against RH pitching. I think stAte is throwing a lefty today so I’ll be interested to see who’s in and who’s out. And if it’s the rightys that haven’t been great, can they get going? Or do some of the lefties stay in the lineup and prove they are everyday guys?

Default Re: BB G1: Louisiana vs Arkansas State

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Pad the stats game.

Thinking about just the climate of the Belt and some of the schools that have been around for a while. stAte is just a dumpster fire of an athletic program. On par with ULM now.

I used to envy them for a few years in football. The had women’s basketball for a bit.

Used to see them as a rival in some sports, certainly in football, but now they are the collective punching bag.
    Cajun players do not know their stats and they don't need or want to know their stats.

7. Default Re: BB G1: Louisiana vs Arkansas State

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Cajun players do not know their stats and they don't need or want to know their stats.
    …..lWhat times are last 2 games?

Default Re: BB G1 Final: Louisiana 15, Arkansas State 4

Ill project the lineup for today.
    Robicheaux
    Zambo
    Taylor
    Debarge
    Murasak
    Roco
    Hood
    Yuhasz
    Brock