Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Thread: MBB NCAA Final: Louisiana 55, Tennessee 58

1. Default Re: MBB NCAA Final: Louisiana 55, Tennessee 58

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    “Hud Type” ? You aren’t serious right ?
    Someone with some ability to hype up the fans and grow excitement?

Default Re: MBB NCAA Final: Louisiana 55, Tennessee 58

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes, I meant Fulks. Julien is really a starter had he been healthy. Dolcourt is a good 6th man. After Williams, there isn't much talent.
    It doesnt matter what talent you get or is coming back next year. If Marlin is still HC our program is stuck where it is. One step forward two back.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    It doesnt matter what talent you get or is coming back next year. If Marlin is still HC our program is stuck where it is. One step forward two back.
    Not arguing either way. Short of Brown returning for another season, another rebuild is ahead. How much of one is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by LA CAJUNS View Post
    Someone with some ability to hype up the fans and grow excitement?
    I know a guy!!! #NeverMindLOL

Man, I’ve rarely seen a team get after it as hard as these guys. A few more shots fall early and it’s whole different day today. Such a shame.

Default Re: GAME ON: Louisiana vs. Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I don’t disagree with you on that scenario likely unfolding. I just think the time to drop him was last year after the 8th place finish. The admin saw it differently. Once you bring him back, IMO, you have to give him his chance to keep the job. He made the most of his chance.
    I know but the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. That's pretty much where we are with this basketball program.

7. Default Re: MBB NCAA Final: Louisiana 55, Tennessee 58

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Man, I’ve rarely seen a team get after it as hard as these guys. A few more shots fall early and it’s whole different day today. Such a shame.
    The only thing that slowed this team down was nerves.

A few more big time road games during the regular season might have helped in this regard.

Default Re: Bobby Ball

It has nothing to do with hating anyone. It’s just time to acknowledge the truth of the program. We most likely will not be very good next year or in the couple years after that, and our administration is just fine with that. I’ll sit with the same 1,200 folks in the Dome and chat with the same 5 people in 2 page game threads until we make another run and stir up a brief interest from our fanbase, probably sometime around 2028.
    Agree with you mostly. I’ve come to accept the second coming of Beryl Shipley or Bobby Paschal isn’t walking thru the doors in the environment NCAA MBB has become. Want to be competitive every year, but the reality is this will be cyclical. Ask Georgia State.

The droning we need to be like (fill in the blank with a private school) by people demanding change is laughable. All creditability is lost when an unleveled comparative is made.

We’ll probably be back next year, but considering reducing or dropping RCAF. That’s a bigger issue with me. Besides my chump change donations seem not to matter. But that’s another topic.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Agree with you mostly. I’ve come to accept the second coming of Beryl Shipley or Bobby Paschal isn’t walking thru the doors in the environment NCAA MBB has become. Want to be competitive every year, but the reality is this will be cyclical. Ask Georgia State.

The droning we need to be like (fill in the blank with a private school) by people demanding change is laughable. All creditability is lost when an unleveled comparative is made.

We’ll probably be back next year, but considering reducing or dropping RCAF. That’s a bigger issue with me. Besides my chump change donations seem not to matter. But that’s another topic.
    All $$$$ matters.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Not arguing either way. Short of Brown returning for another season, another rebuild is ahead. How much of one is the question.
    Correct. This is going to be an overhaul I fear.

Georgia State had one down year. Its not necessarily a down cycle for them

Georgia State is a perfect example of why it doesn’t necessarily have to be this way. They’ve been to the dance 4 times in a shorter span of time than Bob has gotten us to 2. They’ve won 3 regular season titles in that span where we have 1. They have off years absolutely, but they are consistently around the top of the conference.

To your last point, our attendance across all sports shows the disconnect between the administration and the “chump change” members of the fanbase.

Georgia State is a perfect example of why it doesn’t necessarily have to be this way. They’ve been to the dance 4 times in a shorter span of time than Bob has gotten us to 2. They’ve won 3 regular season titles in that span where we have 1. They have off years absolutely, but they are consistently around the top of the conference.

To your last point, our attendance across all sports shows the disconnect between the administration and the “chump change” members of the fanbase.
    Softball in ranked 6th in the nation in attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    He will return next season.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Who was the poster that was adamant he was 100% sure Marlin was going to resign in the middle of last season?
    Now I remember who was so certain Marlin would resign in the middle of 21/22 season because he had his “sources”:

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    A little bird just told me that Marlin told a few folks that by mid season he will probably resign. Sounds like a cop out before officially getting canned. After Dr. Maggard makes the football hire the MBB program will be the next priority. Stay tuned folks.
    This is one of the many posts you made on this topic.

But now, we should believe it when you say Marlin will be given an extension?

I do think Marlin will get his extension but you have to understand why no one takes your comments about MBB seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Now I remember who was so certain Marlin would resign in the middle of 21/22 season because he had his “sources”:

This is one of the many posts you made on this topic.

But now, we should believe it when you say Marlin will be given an extension?

I do think Marlin will get his extension but you have to understand why no one takes your comments about MBB seriously.
    This post was from a different season when he is fact told some of the Marlin mafia that he will PROBABLY resign. I guess you confused WILL with PROBABLY, that Alaska air must be hampering your reading comprehension. He never said he will and neither did I. The MBB program will be and is the biggest priority. Do you think Marlin will be at UL forever? The next head coach needed at UL will be for WBB and MBB.

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Thread Information