Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

Default Re: Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    In 1999, the administrators called me in for a meeting. They told me I was getting too popular, becoming too much of a distraction. People didn't want to see the band, they didn't want to see the team. They wanted to see me perform. I wasn't an official mascot. And I was taking away from the students & the school brand. I agreed with that assessment & we decided I should retire.

That's for sure the take I got from the interview. But what do I know.
    I heard the same thing BWK. Also, he added that the school mentioned the push for the Pepper was about to start.

I thought I heard something about the San Diego chicken and some type of conflict or a likeness and San Diego chicken was talking suing but I could be wrong but thought I heard something to that effect.

I heard it was because he was too clucking good. No one was ever able to get the worm because he was always the first to get there. There are many theories as to why he moved on, but they were all chicken $h!+ in my book. Only he knows the reason why he crossed that road. BUT! I'm glad he's back. Looks like he's coming home to roost our spirits!

4. Default Re: Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

. . . many here are very hard of hearing and apparently that has not changed with respect to the FCC . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarineBBK View Post
    I thought I heard something about the San Diego chicken and some type of conflict or a likeness and San Diego chicken was talking suing but I could be wrong but thought I heard something to that effect.
    That's what I thought as well.

And I may be wrong, but maybe the disappearance of the Chicken coincided with the appearance with Budman?

How many do you want?

Attached Images Attached Images  

7. Default Re: Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

I want one but the "they're spicy" cooking reference is cruel marketing

Might as well say " Come watch the Russell Heim Chicken march to its death.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I want one but the "they're spicy" cooking reference is cruel marketing

Might as well say " Come watch the Russell Heim Chicken march to its death.
    You've been reading too many Rouga White & Blue posts...slow down...

9. Default Re: Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    You've been reading too many Rouga White & Blue posts...slow down...
    LOL will do.

Evidently any "Pepper" innuendo associated with the spirit leader freaks me out.

I just read that Atchafalaya will be doing the national anthem! The only thing better is a Cajuns win win win!!!

11. Default Re: Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

Quote Originally Posted by BayouRichard View Post
    I just read that Atchafalaya will be doing the national anthem! The only thing better is a Cajuns win win win!!!
    Wow. That is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouRichard View Post
    How many do you want?
    My goodness, has someone been reading RP? The UL Alumni Association, first time I’ve ever seen that!!!

Unfortunately I will be unable to attend, but I hope that the UL video staff will video as much of the FCC as they can to help preserve history. When the FCC was in his prime it was before cell phones and video as we know it today. Therefore, there is not as much of his antics that are captured and available on YouTube, etc for those that were not around back then to see.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    UL absolutely needs to offer to buy the FCC persona. Get several costumes and run annual auditions by the students who learn the classics. The original FCC should be a judge and create new skits as long as he’s able to or wants to.

IMO he never took away from the action, but added lots to the games.
    And that was the issue. Not only did the administration not want to pay the guy, they didn't even want him in the building. For a school whose mantra is supposed to be a business school, that university absolutely sucks donkey balls when it comes to running their own business.

15. Default Re: Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    And that was the issue. Not only did the administration not want to pay the guy, they didn't even want him in the building. For a school whose mantra is supposed to be a business school, that university absolutely sucks donkey balls when it comes to running their own business.
    I forgot about the fact that UL had just overpaid for new logo and the flaming Dildo spirit leader. Typical state non logical behavior.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information