Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

Tickets Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

Answer: He was too popular. One more confirmation why this school has the worst administration of any in America. You ____ can someone because they're too good? Perfect example of a group think which says we are so small minded & scared of success, we will do whatever it takes to stay middle of the pack at best.

2. Default Re: Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Answer: He was too popular. One more confirmation why this school has the worst administration of any in America. You ____ can someone because they're too good? Perfect example of a group think which says we are so small minded & scared of success, we will do whatever it takes to stay middle of the pack at best.
    He was a volunteer doing it on his own volition.

Not school sponsored and then he moved away.

The school should have paid him though and picked up where he left off.

3. Default Re: Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

. . . why do we always have to take a bad angle against our university . . . even when there is none there . . . nothingburger . . . like a Pete's burger . . . do better next time . . .

Default Re: Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    He was a volunteer doing it on his own volition.

Not school sponsored and then he moved away.

The school should have paid him though and picked up where he left off.
    He moved.

Even if the University had paid him, he would have moved.

I'm with Vic. Why the need to create a narrative to dump more crap on the University?

5. Default Re: Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

Nope! Not true!

Typical BWK take...ready, fire, Aim...but as we all know..HE PLAYED THE GAME!!

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Maybe you should have heard the interview. Then you wouldn't be so "informed."

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Nope! Not true!
    That's exactly what happened. How does it feel to lie & accuse someone else of lying at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Is that a game of chicken? lol…. Wasnt there also an issue as to either a cease and desist order (or an inquiry at least) from the San Diego Chicken for copyright infringement or something of that nature?

They got rid of him because it was offensive to Chickens.

In 1999, the administrators called me in for a meeting. They told me I was getting too popular, becoming too much of a distraction. People didn't want to see the band, they didn't want to see the team. They wanted to see me perform. I wasn't an official mascot. And I was taking away from the students & the school brand. I agreed with that assessment & we decided I should retire.

That's for sure the take I got from the interview. But what do I know.

Actually no, They got rid of him because he was an absolute cock to the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    He moved.

Even if the University had paid him, he would have moved.

I'm with Vic. Why the need to create a narrative to dump more crap on the University?
    This university is constantly crapping it's own pants in front of the whole region time & time again. They don't need anyone else to dump on them. they a great job of it by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    Actually no, They got rid of him because he was an absolute cock to the fans.
    You weren't even born yet. So sit there & be quiet.

Maybe you should have heard the interview. Then you wouldn't be so "informed."
    Where/when was the interview? That would be a good listen if it's available.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information