Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Softball Podcast. The 2023 Schedule.

Default Re: Softball Podcast. The 2023 Schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    I'm sure they tried very hard to get better teams in. The problem is, those good teams don't want to come here and play at Lamson Park. Just ask FSU!
    Kind of like how Arkansas didn't want to play in Arkansas.

I'm sure they tried very hard to get better teams in. The problem is, those good teams don't want to come here and play at Lamson Park. Just ask FSU!
    Honestly, was just a matter of time, until this started happening.

Is this becoming the mantra for all UL sports? Not trolling… seriously.

4. Default Re: Softball Podcast. The 2023 Schedule.

When they found out how close Lamson is to our gym, they said no, no, we have heard about that gym . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Are you trolling? Just messing with you.

Did I say anything about other sports? This is specifically about softball. And, it is the truth. Many, many power 5 teams have come to Lampson Park and crashed over the years. They know what they are up against when they sign up for the visit. Others are forced to make an appearance at Lampson because of regionals. Just the names of a few who have come and gone home losers in a regional at Lampson include, Arizona, Texas, Texas A&M, Washington, Nebraska, Mississippi State, Stanford, and Baylor.

Did I say anything about other sports? This is specifically about softball. And, it is the truth. Many, many power 5 teams have come to Lampson Park and crashed over the years. They know what they are up against when they sign up for the visit. Others are forced to make an appearance at Lampson because of regionals. Just the names of a few who have come and gone home losers in a regional at Lampson include, Arizona, Texas, Texas A&M, Washington, Nebraska, Mississippi State, Stanford, and Baylor.
    Guys Roarman is correct on this. Most P5 are scared to play at Lamson. Coach Glasco isn't scared to hit the road and play those guys.

Lighten up, please. Just an honest question since other sports, like FB and MBB have this scheduling issue. Is it an early move of the P5 breakaway? Money? Arrogance? Ego?

Lighten up, please. Just an honest question since other sports, like FB and MBB have this scheduling issue. Is it an early move of the P5 breakaway? Money? Arrogance? Ego?
    It has been happening for softball for many, many years. It is nothing new. It is not arrogance, or, ego on the other team's part either. It is their fear of losing to a team that is not in a P5 conference. Most P5 schools, except a handful, like Alabama, have anything close to the atmosphere at Lampson Park. I know. I have been to many of those parks.

It has been happening for softball for many, many years. It is nothing new. It is not arrogance, or, ego on the other team's part either. It is their fear of losing to a team that is not in a P5 conference. Most P5 schools, except a handful, like Alabama, have anything close to the atmosphere at Lampson Park. I know. I have been to many of those parks.
    Last time me and you were at Lspoo park is was dead. That place stinks.

11. Default Re: Softball Podcast. The 2023 Schedule.

This the nature of "The Regionals" and Louisiana should never develop a complex over teams feeling slighted by going home losers after playing here.

48 out of 64 teams go home losers after regionals only 16 advance.

I don't think any school in the country would shun Louisiana over this. Unless Louisiana develops a complex over it, we would be our own worst enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    This the nature of "The Regionals" and Louisiana should never develop a complex over teams feeling slighted by going home losers after playing here.

48 out of 64 teams go home losers after regionals only 16 advance.

I don't think any school in the country would shun Louisiana over this. Unless Louisiana develops a complex over it, we would be our own worst enemy.
    Good point. I know there have been a number of P5 schools that have been asked to schedule a home and away series with the Cajuns, but have refused. I also know of one, FSU, that was scheduled to come here and backed out. Finally, the Cajuns will get to play them in Clearwater in 2023. I think it's a great thing the Cajuns have a home and away series with LSU.

Good point. I know there have been a number of P5 schools that have been asked to schedule a home and away series with the Cajuns, but have refused. I also know of one, FSU, that was scheduled to come here and backed out. Finally, the Cajuns will get to play them in Clearwater in 2023. I think it's a great thing the Cajuns have a home and away series with LSU.
    Minnesota was also supposed to come here and back out. And what about the Cajuns offering to play a 3 game road series and getting turned down.

Come to think of it these teams will come to Lamson Park as long as the current coaches are there. Alabama (Murp) Texas (White) Baylor (Moore) LSU (Torino) Texas A&M (Guthrie) Florida(Walton) Coach Glasco has connections to these coaches. I would like to see Maggard use his connections to get Missouri to Lamson Park. I am surprised we haven't seen Georgia or Auburn yet especially with Coach Glasco connections to those programs. Maybe that will be in the works for the future. We have Ole Miss coming, maybe we can get Mississippi State down the road.

Happy to see the podcast is back! Great job!

Btw I gave you a review on Apple, to show my support of the pod lol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information