Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 2, Texas State 6

1. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 2, Texas State 6

Not much analyzing left to do.. At this point, get to the tourney and cross your fingers

Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 2, Texas State 6

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Not much analyzing left to do.. At this point, get to the tourney and cross your fingers
    That is the only hope.

3. Default ESPN 1420 Cajuns Split Doubleheader Against Texas State

Louisiana won the first game of the doubleheader 9-0 behind dominant pitching, but the offense struggled in the series finale in a 6-2 loss.

Default Re: BB G3 Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Now that tickets will be available are you going to try to attend a few games?
    This season I will rely on ESPN+. When I saw that the attendance wasn't 100% What the protocol called for, I called the ticket office and said I would purchase both my seat for the full season, they said I couldn't. My two seat are never occupied, so I oped out and purchased ESPN+ for a year at $49, If that rubs people the wrong way, so be it.

--

I’m torn because on one hand I always want the team to make a regional but on the other hand if we happen to win the tourney it will give the illusion that we are on the right path and have the right staff and process and nothing needs to change. A couple weeks ago we thought we could possibly get close to 40 wins...I can easily see a scenario where we don’t even get to 30.

If it were a normal year i could see us missing the tourney. The remainder of the season will probably be like the past few weeks. One win...two or three losses. This team does not have the grit or the “it” factor. I think some have started making vacation plans. We should of rolled thru this conference and it shouldnt of been close

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I’m torn because on one hand I always want the team to make a regional but on the other hand if we happen to win the tourney it will give the illusion that we are on the right path and have the right staff and process and nothing needs to change. A couple weeks ago we thought we could possibly get close to 40 wins...I can easily see a scenario where we don’t even get to 30.
    I was very optimistic after about 10 games. I wouldn't sweat this too much now. I'm just hopeful for a winning season. Anything else is lagniappe.

9. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 2, Texas State 6

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    If it were a normal year i could see us missing the tourney. The remainder of the season will probably be like the past few weeks. One win...two or three losses. This team does not have the grit or the “it” factor. I think some have started making vacation plans. We should of rolled thru this conference and it shouldnt of been close
    You and I have been pretty closely aligned on this situation. I can tell you for a fact that the team has not quit. In fact, several guys in that locker room hurting right now..

You and I have been pretty closely aligned on this situation. I can tell you for a fact that the team has not quit. In fact, several guys in that locker room hurting right now..
    Well if im wrong i stand corrected. And i didnt say all of them. But as a player, as a competitor, as a winner...at some point enough is enough and u gotta draw a line in the sand. And i havent seen that happen yet.

They are the ones that keep me going; it's not their grit or will that has been a problem this year.

Wells might go but JT is here until Deggs leaves.

If JT is the issue like everyone thinks and that’s the hill Deggs wants to die on then he wont be here very long either.

Robe was loyal to a fault but he also built the place himself and had a lot of skins on the wall. It’s just insane to me what our offense looks like our 3 paid coaches specialty is offense, either we need someone else buying the groceries or a different chef. That’s not even getting into what our defense and situational awareness looks like

If JT is the issue like everyone thinks and that’s the hill Deggs wants to die on then he wont be here very long either.

Robe was loyal to a fault but he also built the place himself and had a lot of skins on the wall. It’s just insane to me what our offense looks like our 3 paid coaches specialty is offense, either we need someone else buying the groceries or a different chef. That’s not even getting into what our defense and situational awareness looks like
    I talked to some who works in the athletic department this morning. Admin already getting emails to fire Deggs

I’m not on that train at all but if JT remains the one constant and we continue to be mediocre... well I might be getting on that train. I don’t think the people that support this program will watch us have ____ty defense, stupid errors and not hit for very long. As frustrating as it was under Tony to watch us not hit some years, you knew you would have a chance with defense, pitching and being smart about the situation. If you gonna be dumb you better be tough. Our “offense lineup” Produced 2 runs against a Sunday starter on a team 7 games under .500

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information