Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 28 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 48 ... LastLast

Thread: G3 Final: Louisiana 21, Rice 33

1. Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 21, Rice 33

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Lose next week and you are looking at perhaps a 3 win season.
    Now do a blowout win . . .

Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 21, Rice 33

Rice attendance announced at 18746. There is no way there were that many there.

3. Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 21, Rice 33

I’m not sure why we watch any reported attendance numbers . . . I guess so we can show up here and proclaim how wrong they always are . . .

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    Just had a chance to watch the game replay.
    Like many have said, offense has a LOT of work to do. Our o-line gets pushed around a lot! Good runs here and there but we’re getting beat too often at the point of attack. I know we have a lot of inexperience there; but gonna be rough to watch. Big recruiting need going forward. Ben looks to be the right guy for now. Needs more snaps if not the start!
    Defense was good for most part but bad penalties kept them on the field and gave Rice too many extra chances.
    Between that and putrid offense the D was probably gassed late in the game. Last night was a litmus test to see where we are. Next game may well be the one that helps define this season. There are no easy games going forward.
    I tend to agree, D played way, way, way too many snaps due to all the 3 and outs...But..didnt like when we played zone...Rice ate us alive so much so, someone got outcoached...

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Y’all are ridiculous. Napier left us a team that he’d even have trouble winning with. He rode his super seniors and 4 year QB off into the sunset and now we have to rebuild a bit. If y’all don’t think Mike can do it, you’re wrong.
    This right here. I am very grateful for what Billy did while he was here. But there’s an argument to be made that he left us worse off than we were when he got here.

Sure we won a lot of games including bowls and a conference championship. He brought us top 25 rankings. And we loved it. But then he took everything with him. I mean he took the freaking media team. Dude left us with nothing.

My analogy here is like building a massive Jenga tower. Nice and sturdy. And then he took more than half the pieces with him to Florida leaving us with a tower that’ll fall over from a light breeze.

I shared the same skepticisms with the Des hire when it was announced. Confused, but excited bc we all love Des. But after the first 3 games it appears he is over his head at the moment. It may take a couple years to build this “jenga tower” back up.

6. Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 21, Rice 33

So, was Brian Kelly over his head week one and Jimbo Fisher week two?

RPCA at it again...

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    Just had a chance to watch the game replay.
    Like many have said, offense has a LOT of work to do. Our o-line gets pushed around a lot! Good runs here and there but we’re getting beat too often at the point of attack. I know we have a lot of inexperience there; but gonna be rough to watch. Big recruiting need going forward. Ben looks to be the right guy for now. Needs more snaps if not the start!
    Defense was good for most part but bad penalties kept them on the field and gave Rice too many extra chances.
    Between that and putrid offense the D was probably gassed late in the game. Last night was a litmus test to see where we are. Next game may well be the one that helps define this season. There are no easy games going forward.
    When you see 8 in the box, why try running the ball? You are setting up your offensive line for failure. This happened all night.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Rice attendance announced at 18746. There is no way there were that many there.
    Hell no. Maybe 8,746, with Cajun fans outnumbering Rice fans. Though they still got the last laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    When you see 8 in the box, why try running the ball? You are setting up your offensive line for failure. This happened all night.
    8? Hell, I watched with Cover 0 and Cover 1 us continuing to try to run.

Now, we did that last year too, but there was always the threat, though it didn't happen maybe as much as we'd like, of Levi pulling the ball and running himself. And now 20/20 hindsight, looks like maybe it was to protect our then 5'10, 170 lb QB1 because if we had to put in Fields, there was zero threat of the QB pulling it and running himself.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    The team we beat twice last year and without the benefit of a true Hail Mary would be 1 and 2 today . . . That App St
    If not for the unbelievably stupid decisions by Troy's coach, it wouldn't have come down to the Hail Mary for App. Taking the safety and squib kicking on the kickoff to give Troy the ball near midfield were hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    It was his 3rd game. Chill

Transfer portal is going to make continuity hard for every program not in the P5.
    4th game total, 3rd game of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    That lack of portal urgency was my biggest off season concern.

Louisiana needed to stack the Time Machines.

ps Still my recommendation going forward.
    Coach Glasco didn't hit the portal and he will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Lose next week and you are looking at perhaps a 3 win season. Would be the most USL thing ever to build a new stadium then suck in it.
    If we lose to ULM then Mike should be canned. UL should never lose to ULM. Our standards should be higher than them.

15. Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 21, Rice 33

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    4th game total, 3rd game of this season.
    Interim for bowl game.

Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 28 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 48 ... LastLast

Thread Information