Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 76, Texas Arlington 74

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 76, Texas Arlington 74

Say what you want about marlin and the programs trajectory but those kids play hard every single game. That was a gutsy win right there. Thanks for the reminder I didn’t realize we were playing.

2. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana vs Texas Arlington

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Where would we be without Cedric Russell. He really is a winner.
    He’s really special and he was never fully healthy.

He's really stepped up this season when games have been on the line. Hope he comes back.

Yeah baby! March Madness here we come!

5. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 76, Texas Arlington 74

We’re getting to the important 3 games in March. Can we make it 6 games in March?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    He's really stepped up this season when games have been on the line. Hope he comes back.
    It is a special night when seniors do well in their last home game. That does not happen as often as people think due to emotion involved. Both Dou and Cedric were outstanding tonight. Refused to let the team lose on Senior Night. Credit to the entire team for refusing to quit when they were down 11 with ten minutes to go. How many teams have to rely on a walk on freshman to play at crunch time in a key late season conference game. Kentrell Garnett is that guy and was excellent at both ends. He was forced to do that due to injuries and Ty Harper having a rough night. New injury tonight was Jacobi Gordon being out due to a sprained ankle. I think this comeback was more impressive than the one against Tech back in December. Back then we had AU and Gordon ready to go. Very exciting game at the Dome tonight and it does clinch a conference winning record for the Cajuns. If they win two in Little Rock, they are assured of the 2nd spot and a first round bye. That is due to Texas State defeating Ark. State. Red Wolves were 0 for 13 from three in that game. Surprising stat as Ark State was 13th in the nation in three point percentage going into the game. Speaking of that, I think UTA made only 2 three pointers in second half. Big factor in Cajuns win.

Default Re: MBB: Louisiana vs Texas Arlington

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Cajuns win. Bob atop the SBC win record
    Coach Marlin did give credit to lots of administrative folks for helping program in post game comments after Jay congratulated him on record. Also recognized Dr. Savoie and Dr. Maggard for their help. Always wise to make your bosses look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    It is a special night when seniors do well in their last home game. That does not happen as often as people think due to emotion involved. Both Dou and Cedric were outstanding tonight. Refused to let the team lose on Senior Night. Credit to the entire team for refusing to quit when they were down 11 with ten minutes to go. How many teams have to rely on a walk on freshman to play at crunch time in a key late season conference game. Kentrell Garnett is that guy and was excellent at both ends. He was forced to do that due to injuries and Ty Harper having a rough night. New injury tonight was Jacobi Gordon being out due to a sprained ankle. I think this comeback was more impressive than the one against Tech back in December. Back then we had AU and Gordon ready to go. Very exciting game at the Dome tonight and it does clinch a conference winning record for the Cajuns. If they win two in Little Rock, they are assured of the 2nd spot and a first round bye. That is due to Texas State defeating Ark. State. Red Wolves were 0 for 13 from three in that game. Surprising stat as Ark State was 13th in the nation in three point percentage going into the game. Speaking of that, I think UTA made only 2 three pointers in second half. Big factor in Cajuns win.
    Do you think we'll see Julien this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We’re getting to the important 3 games in March. Can we make it 6 games in March?
    No

Yes I do think we will see Kobe this weekend in Little Rock. Fairly confident of it in fact. Coach Marlin will be on with Scott Prather in the morning. He may give an update on that situation as well as the Jacobi Gordon status.

Jay stated in the broadcast tonight that he is expected to play this weekend, and could have possibly played a few minutes tonight. With the size Little Rock has he could definitely be needed to give a few minutes, especially if Gordon is still out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    This was another one of those games where we were able to shoot less 3's and win. You could tell that at points in the game, everyone knew to pound the ball inside and even though we missed a ton of inside shots, it worked. They hit more 3's than us but at a lesser percentage. I liked that strategy a lot more than just putting up shots which we simply don't have the personnel to do.

Well, I got so frustrated that I moved the game from my TV and started streaming it on my laptop while I watched a movie. Even then I was tempted several times to stop watching it altogether, but I didn't give up. More importantly, it was fantastic to see the team not give up, and I moved it back to my TV with about 3-4 mins to go.
    GEAUX CAJUNS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Well, I got so frustrated that I moved the game from my TV and started streaming it on my laptop while I watched a movie. Even then I was tempted several times to stop watching it altogether, but I didn't give up. More importantly, it was fantastic to see the team not give up, and I moved it back to my TV with about 3-4 mins to go.
    GEAUX CAJUNS!!!
    After watching the baseball team battle Tulane all weekend I learned a little more patience. I am not comparing the two programs but both teams do give effort and don't quit. So I have learned that and it helped make this a very entertaining game, similar to the baseball series.

It was interesting that our FT shooting was just about perfect until the last few minutes. Then 50% for three tries. But Cedric got both of his at 9 seconds to get final lead. Our FT shooting kept us in the game. Love that esp when shooting is off.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information