Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Athlon Sports QB Sunbelt QB Rankings

Default Re: Athlon Sports QB Sunbelt QB Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    No. That is what I am saying to. CF1 is saying his source says Ben is 1A and Chandler is 1B.
    Once a starter is named Mike will probably not rotate QB's.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    He needs to get better quickly then. When he played VC a few years ago in the semi-finals his throwing was bad.
    He may have had a bad game. Hunter was the QB Billy spoke most highly of in one on one conversations about his up side and his future here. Billy really liked the way he threw it.

Well, not a SBC QB, but he’s slipping down fast. Harsin may be toast now.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/aubur...g-traffic-stop

Once a starter is named Mike will probably not rotate QB's.

I agree with that. Maybe a special type package for a wildcat guy like LL2. But Chandler and Ben are to much alike to play both.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Well, not a SBC QB, but he’s slipping down fast. Harsin may be toast now.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/aubur...g-traffic-stop
    What a dumb@$$ take your helmet ticket and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Not sure who your source is and you may be correct. I know a pretty reliable source that catches balls from both on the practice field everyday and don't think he would agree with you from our conversations over the summer.
    I was told it’s an open competition. But if the game was tomorrow, Woolridge would take the first snap. Fortunately the game isn’t tomorrow. One thing I am very certain of is that Mike will play the guy he believes will give him the best chance. I personally can care less who the starter is.

So are you saying one is ahead of the other? My source says dead heat at this point and he is a current coaching staff member.
    sounds like coach speak to me

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    sounds like coach speak to me
    I know I'd prefer our coaches not share any true insight into camp battles with random message board posters.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    You haven't watched his video at Fresno State. He's perfectly mobile and capable of running Zone Read.
    I could not find any FSU video last night but I did check the web site for stats.

2019 he played in 3 games and had 2 rushes for 13 yards.
    2020 he played in 2 games and had the same 2 for 13.

Not sure how you can judge running ability on such a small sample size. It looks like he and Chandler have the same kind of game experience very little in fill in duty.

Gaston, I'm not suggesting Wooldridge is the second coming of Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson. I am saying it's an exaggeration that he is a stiff. I watched him at several practices last season and during spring practice as well. Coach Leger suggested the same thing in describing the difference between Fields and Wooldridge yesterday at media day.

Gaston, I'm not suggesting Wooldridge is the second coming of Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson. I am saying it's an exaggeration that he is a stiff. I watched him at several practices last season and during spring practice as well. Coach Leger suggested the same thing in describing the difference between Fields and Wooldridge yesterday at media day.
    T I am not disagreeing with you. In the spring game he had some very nice eye opening runs. He is very capable. Your comment said “video from Fresno”. I couldn’t find any on hudl and YouTube so I started looking at stats to see just how much he played. Unless you got some practice footage at FSU there isn’t much video to be had. But I wish there was I’d like to see more of him in live action after high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun fan1 View Post
    I was told it’s an open competition. But if the game was tomorrow, Woolridge would take the first snap. Fortunately the game isn’t tomorrow. One thing I am very certain of is that Mike will play the guy he believes will give him the best chance. I personally can care less who the starter is.
    As Cajuns fans we all want the guy who leads the team best, don't turn the ball over, and gives us the best chance to win. From a personal standpoint I have a guy that I hope fits that description. But I will pull for whoever Coach Des goes with 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    He may have had a bad game. Hunter was the QB Billy spoke most highly of in one on one conversations about his up side and his future here. Billy really liked the way he threw it.
    I always found that a tad baffling since Hunter was really a run first QB in HS.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I always found that a tad baffling since Hunter was really a run first QB in HS.
    I never saw him in high school other that’s his HUDL film. If I’m recruiting a QB to run he will look more like LL2 and Zeon than Hunter. I am not talking pigment either just thickness and stature. Hunter is to thin and lanky to be a running QB at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    I never saw him in high school other that’s his HUDL film. If I’m recruiting a QB to run he will look more like LL2 and Zeon than Hunter. I am not talking pigment either just thickness and stature. Hunter is to thin and lanky to be a running QB at this level.
    He will fill out.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information