Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Athlon Sports QB Sunbelt QB Rankings

1. Default Re: Athlon Sports QB Sunbelt QB Rankings

Pooofffff

Default Re: Athlon Sports QB Sunbelt QB Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    You haven't watched his video at Fresno State. He's perfectly mobile and capable of running Zone Read.
    T is that on HUDL or did you find it elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    T is that on HUDL or did you find it elsewhere?
    It was on YouTube at one time. Don't know if it's available any longer.

Hunter did not practice in spring at all due to injury so he was out of the mix all spring and has some catching up to do.

It was very obviously that Chandler struggled in the pocket seeing down field over the lineman in the little bit of spring I saw. That can definitely be an issue for him. He just doesn’t seem to have that ability to do so like a Breese did.

If this dude could only read the D and get rid of it. It was obvious he struggled in the spring and held it way to long.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/5285021/Lance-Legendre
    These OL today are really tall, we have guys 6'8", 6'7", 6'6"...and the rest are mostly 6'4" or taller. Also, they aren't fire blocking like on running plays, they are standing tall backing up on pass plays....tough for short guys for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    These OL today are really tall, we have guys 6'8", 6'7", 6'6"...and the rest are mostly 6'4" or taller. Also, they are fire blocking like on running plays, they are standing tall backing up on pass plays....tough for short guys for sure.
    I wish this kid would have been healthy for spring. Would of like to have seen how he would have competed. He has all the tangibles.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9665986/Hunter-Herring

It’s 1A and 1B with Woolridge being 1A. If game 1 was tomorrow it would be Woolridge and I think after fall camp it will still be him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun fan1 View Post
    It’s 1A and 1B with Woolridge being 1A. If game 1 was tomorrow it would be Woolridge and I think after fall camp it will still be him.
    Where you getting that info from?

I have been in the Fields camp for a long time for personal reasons but the more film I see on Wooldridge I am really liking him. Mainly because of physical stature. If he had Chadler's arm talent it may not be a competition any more. He like Chandler has played very little at this level only 3 games in 2019 where he was 4 for 6 and 2 games in 2020 where he was 6 for 8 at Fresno St.

I still say may the best man win. IMO they are 1A and 1A right now a dead heat.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post

I have been in the Fields camp for a long time for personal reasons but the more film I see on Wooldridge I am really liking him. Mainly because of physical stature. If he had Chadler's arm talent it may not be a competition any more. He like Chandler has played very little at this level only 3 games in 2019 where he was 4 for 6 and 2 games in 2020 where he was 6 for 8 at Fresno St.

From a reliable source. It’s certainly still an open competition. But if game one was tomorrow, I believe Woolridge would be 1A.

10. Default Re: Athlon Sports QB Sunbelt QB Rankings

It will be a crying same if Fields becomes number 2 behind someone else without a shot at starting QB.

Hell, tens of Ragin PAGIN coaches have been screaming for him to start instead of Levi for two years now.

That would dictate an immediate transfer it it was me.

Wooldridge graduated in 18, Fields in 19, Herring in 2021. When Herring is the age those 2 are now he will be much better than both of them at the point in their careers. I just hope he is still here for us to see it.

Wooldridge graduated in 18, Fields in 19, Herring in 2021. When Herring is the age those 2 are now he will be much better than both of them at the point in their careers. I just hope he is still here for us to see it.
    He needs to get better quickly then. When he played VC a few years ago in the semi-finals his throwing was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun fan1 View Post
    From a reliable source. It’s certainly still an open competition. But if game one was tomorrow, I believe Woolridge would be 1A.
    Not sure who your source is and you may be correct. I know a pretty reliable source that catches balls from both on the practice field everyday and don't think he would agree with you from our conversations over the summer.

Not sure who your source is and you may be correct. I know a pretty reliable source that catches balls from both on the practice field everyday and don't think he would agree with you from our conversations over the summer.
    So are you saying one is ahead of the other? My source says dead heat at this point and he is a current coaching staff member.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Do are you saying one is ahead of the other? My source says dead heat at this point and he is a current coaching staff member.
    No. That is what I am saying to. CF1 is saying his source says Ben is 1A and Chandler is 1B.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information