Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Southeastern Louisiana Attendance

Default Re: Southeastern Louisiana Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    That is a shame. If you are a cajuns fan and watched that tough M F'er on the field you should want to support him. One of the toughest SOB's to ever put on a Cajuns uniform. I am all in with Mike.
    I'm with you until he proves otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Does not see to be the same buzz as when Napier was hired .. Maybe its different situation though, a lot of wait and see
    In today's world, you've GOT to create your own buzz...we all know what crickets sound like....

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    What are all the reasons you attend UL football games? We need to compile a list of reasons to attend football games.
    I attend Cajuns games b/c I’m invested as an alum of the university.

What are all the reasons you attend UL football games? We need to compile a list of reasons to attend football games.
    Excuse to hang out with friends

I attend UL football games because I was born a Cajuns fan. Lived the first 4 years of my life in Vet Village and been a fan ever since. I used to go to Boomers house for the root beer candy and to bang on his piano back in the day.

That is a shame. If you are a cajuns fan and watched that tough M F'er on the field you should want to support him. One of the toughest SOB's to ever put on a Cajuns uniform. I am all in with Mike.
    I agree that Mike was a tough SOB and very good QB here at UL. I enjoyed watching him play during his playing career as a Cajun. But because I am a Cajun fan at heart, I am always behind any and all Cajun coaches until they demonstrate that I should no longer support them (Marlin). I'm hoping that I can support Mike for many years to come!

7. Default Re: Southeastern Louisiana Attendance

So I grew up in Metairie (Bucktown) to be exact and was born in 1970. I grew up a huge Tulane fan because my father despised LSU (ironically my brother ended up attending school there). I did not know any better, being a Tulane fan, I mean. My parents did not attend college so my dad was a Tulane fan and my mom was an LSU fan. I chose Tulane and my brother chose to root for LSU. When I was in HS and it was time to start thinking about colleges I told my folks I wanted to attend Tulane and my father said these words to me. Son, you are a good student, but not Tulane good, Son you are a good athlete, but not Tulane good and Son your dad makes good money, just not Tulane money, so unless one of these three things improves you are going to have to chose somewhere else to attend. I told them I wanted to go to Ole Miss and they said that I needed to attend a state school for one year and prove myself, if I did well and still wanted to go to Ole Miss I could, but I would have to do it in Louisiana first. I refused to attend LSU, I went to HS at Brother Martin and the last thing I wanted to do was attend UNO and I heard that Ruston was a dry parish (drinking age was 18 back then). I had family in Lafayette (cousins, aunts and uncles) and I said I wanted to go to USL for just 1 year. In 1988 I started school here and attended every football, basketball and baseball game I could attend and fell in love with the city, the athletic teams and the people and chose that I would finish my college career here.

Work moved me around a bunch between 2000 and 2020, so when I had the chance to move back to Lafayette, I jumped at the chance. My reasons for attending UL sporting events is this. I have been away for a long time and missed every single second of the chance to see my Cajuns play. I swore that would not happen again, so I am back and I attend because I love watching them, I love seeing old friends and I love every single second of every single sporting event that the Cajuns are apart of. I would not want to say I am an Ole Miss Rebel or a Tulane Green Wave supporter in my life. But I am proud to tell everyone that I am a Cajun fan, Cajun Alum and Cajun Supporter for life.

Geaux Cajuns!!!!!

Ragin Dave, I have a similar story to you. I grew up in Gonzales, La and was born in 1977. I am a first generation college student. My parents told me that if I went to Southeastern Louisiana or LSU, I would have to live at home to save money, but I had other ideas in mind. I wanted independence and to live on campus to get the complete college experience, so I decided to attend UL. It was just far enough to visit my family on weekends. I fell in love with the people, culture, and values.

My first football game was UL beating Texas A&M at Cajun Field. I was hooked from that moment on! After graduating with the first class of the University of Louisiana in 1999, I decided to get my master’s degree. The only problem was UL didn’t offer my degree. I applied and was accepted to Tulane and LSU, but I did have Tulane money. I graduated from LSU with my master’s degree, but choose to only support UL. I am a proud Cajun and reluctant Tiger. The decision to support UL is personal for me as I am sure it is for most of Cajun Nation.

Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    So his epic career at UL means nothing outside of the berry?
    Coaching is a different animal. I think the point is that people want to see something happen on the field with tangible results before they give as much or more than in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Coaching is a different animal. I think the point is that people want to see something happen on the field with tangible results before they give as much or more than in the past.
    I hear what you are saying but that's just said. I will continue to give what I do until he gives me a reason not to.

I will be homeless the 1st half of football season. So I will be at all home games as long as possible

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    So I grew up in Metairie (Bucktown) to be exact and was born in 1970. I grew up a huge Tulane fan because my father despised LSU (ironically my brother ended up attending school there). I did not know any better, being a Tulane fan, I mean. My parents did not attend college so my dad was a Tulane fan and my mom was an LSU fan. I chose Tulane and my brother chose to root for LSU. When I was in HS and it was time to start thinking about colleges I told my folks I wanted to attend Tulane and my father said these words to me. Son, you are a good student, but not Tulane good, Son you are a good athlete, but not Tulane good and Son your dad makes good money, just not Tulane money, so unless one of these three things improves you are going to have to chose somewhere else to attend. I told them I wanted to go to Ole Miss and they said that I needed to attend a state school for one year and prove myself, if I did well and still wanted to go to Ole Miss I could, but I would have to do it in Louisiana first. I refused to attend LSU, I went to HS at Brother Martin and the last thing I wanted to do was attend UNO and I heard that Ruston was a dry parish (drinking age was 18 back then). I had family in Lafayette (cousins, aunts and uncles) and I said I wanted to go to USL for just 1 year. In 1988 I started school here and attended every football, basketball and baseball game I could attend and fell in love with the city, the athletic teams and the people and chose that I would finish my college career here.

Work moved me around a bunch between 2000 and 2020, so when I had the chance to move back to Lafayette, I jumped at the chance. My reasons for attending UL sporting events is this. I have been away for a long time and missed every single second of the chance to see my Cajuns play. I swore that would not happen again, so I am back and I attend because I love watching them, I love seeing old friends and I love every single second of every single sporting event that the Cajuns are apart of. I would not want to say I am an Ole Miss Rebel or a Tulane Green Wave supporter in my life. But I am proud to tell everyone that I am a Cajun fan, Cajun Alum and Cajun Supporter for life.

Geaux Cajuns!!!!!
    Thanks for sharing Dave!

13. Default Re: Southeastern Louisiana Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post

Geaux Cajuns!!!!!
    Neat story, but I don’t think legal drinking age was 18 in 1988.

14. Default Re: Southeastern Louisiana Attendance

I attend UL football games because I was born a Cajuns fan. Lived the first 4 years of my life in Vet Village and been a fan ever since. I used to go to Boomers house for the root beer candy and to bang on his piano back in the day.
    …..Oh I do remember….yall 2, Mike and CC’s daughter Kimberly, and Chester and Mira’s daughter Gigi was my God child……So many CHSNI guys and Coach Blanco I think was the first to recruit NO and I was the first from the city!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …..Oh I do remember….yall 2, Mike and CC’s daughter Kimberly, and Chester and Mira’s daughter Gigi was my God child……So many CHSNI guys and Coach Blanco I think was the first to recruit NO and I was the first from the city!
    Wrong responded to.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information