Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Cajundome Roof: Wow

Default Re: Not much we can do about it

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Exactly my point. Nobody cleans their roof. It's a waist of time and effort.
    So, let's just let it look like ____? That screams big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantstandza View Post
    So, let's just let it look like ____? That screams big time.
    Well then write a check.

Well then write a check.
    I already do. My ____ing taxes

This.

Plus the fact that it has a warranty. Does the company not exist anymore? Why hasn’t the CD called in the warranty

Pooyie don’t hurt em hamma!

So do I but I would prefer that they go to repairing roads and improving drainage then cleaning a roof. I don't think people that have homes that are in danger of flooding would care about cleaning the cajun dome roof. It's all about priorities. Clean a roof or keep a house from flooding .......clean a roof or repair my roads ........ clean a roof or maintain a fire/police department. That was the whole point in my original post, it's a losing battle. We live in south Louisiana every single roof on every single building has this problem. The cajun dome is no exception. THE ROOF IS GOING TO TURN BLACK.

Well then write a check.
    Yikes.

Clean a roof or keep a house from flooding ........
    Helmut, you were very informative during the 2016 floods. Do you think the drainage projects completed/pending by LCG will make a difference for a storm that dumps the same amount of rain in the same amount of time?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Helmut, you were very informative during the 2016 floods. Do you think the drainage projects completed/pending by LCG will make a difference for a storm that dumps the same amount of rain in the same amount of time?
    "same amount of rain in the same amount of time" No way Jose'!

I have an idea! Maybe Dr. Maggard can take a page out of Gerald Hebert's old playbook and ask any Cajun fan with a pressure washer to show up at the Cajundome one Saturday morning and have the fans pressure wash the dome's roof like was done at Cajun Field in days past!!!! LOL!!!!

P.S. No drinking beer until after the job is done and everyone is off the roof! LMAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I have an idea! Maybe Dr. Maggard can take a page out of Gerald Hebert's old playbook and ask any Cajun fan with a pressure washer to show up at the Cajundome one Saturday morning and have the fans pressure wash the dome's roof like was done at Cajun Field in days past!!!! LOL!!!!

P.S. No drinking beer until after the job is done and everyone is off the roof! LMAO!!!
    Not to take away from all the work that Gerald did in that project, but it was NOT his idea. The folks on the forerunner to this board came up with the idea, and had it largely ready to go before Gerald got involved.

The Cajundome roof does not look great, but money is not there. The money it would take to clean it doesn't make sense when we have so many other needs.

~~~~~~

On an unrelated topic, can the name of threads be related to the subject of the thread? Why not call this "Cajundome Roof"?

In an attempt to make the subject line fit the content:
    If Turbine does not edit thread titles to be relative, "Not much we can do about it".

Default Re: Cajundome Roof: Not much we can do about it

There are some important questions that need to be asked:

1. Why isn’t this a “self-cleaning” roof like Greg Davis bragged?

2. Why hasn’t the CD called in the “20-year clean warranty?”

3. The rubber coating on the roof protects for 10 years. Why did it only protect for 5-6 years?

Who lied, Greg Davis or the contractor? The roof is an embarrassment to the city and university.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    The Cajundome roof does not look great, but money is not there. The money it would take to clean it doesn't make sense when we have so many other needs.

~~~~~~

On an unrelated topic, can the name of threads be related to the subject of the thread? Why not call this "Cajundome Roof"?

In an attempt to make the subject line fit the content:
    If Turbine does not edit thread titles to be relative, "Not much we can do about it".
    Roof, Cajun Field, Baseball offices/locker room/ batting cages. Gotta pay to play.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Roof, Cajun Field, Baseball offices/locker room/ batting cages. Gotta pay to play.
    Don't build ____ that you can't maintain properly. Period.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information