Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    App state has 3 national championships, 22 conference championships…5 losing seasons since 1980. True college town with on campus stadium, we aren’t App. In 2007 their stadium held 16k, 24k until 2018 and still is considered sold out at 30k. Boone NC population is 20k, app enrollment is 18,500…we aren’t App…never will be
    The last NC was 2007, when the current student body was 3 to 5 years old. The stadium expansions were done with private/state funds...the jumbotron at the rock is fan purchased 100%...But you're right, under our current athletic leadership we will never be App....

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Time to ruffle some feathers boys....

Remember back in the day when we were all the craze and Nola Bowl tickets were flying out the ticket office? A certain group of people _____ed and moaned because people were coming in and donating big bucks to RCAF to get access to tickets. Why? Because we had become the "in" thing to do around Lafayette. "Last one, don't forget to turn out the lights" was a phrase I heard the night before our first bowl game. Many of you basically told new fans that they weren't welcome in the club. It's not fair to us loyal fans. Want to know what I really think? Some of you don't want a solution. You want to continue to call people that don't come to games out and say Lafayette only supports across the basin. You enjoy your tailgating spot, with your tickets and your conveniences, and don't want them threatened.

We had people begging to be supporters and you told them no thank you....
    What do you mean by not welcome in the club? Are you saying the new members were only willing to be part of the club if they could take the tailgating spots and seats of old club members?

Quote Originally Posted by Gris-Gris View Post
    Hire a professional marketing firm if we don’t have any marketing students or graduates smart-enough to help fix the attendance problem. Someone somewhere has got to have some intellectual or professional insight on this.
    Seems we have a few people on this site that could provide some great feedback to our athletic administration. People who CARE! Maybe the people in charge are just too lazy or embarrassed to ask!

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    The last NC was 2007, when the current student body was 3 to 5 years old. The stadium expansions were done with private/state funds...the jumbotron at the rock is fan purchased 100%...But you're right, under our current athletic leadership we will never be App....
    Yep and guess where those 3-5 year olds were when app was winning that national title? (3 in a row) At the games with their parents…guess where our students were in 2007? Probably not at Cajun field with their parents watching us go 3-9 and if they were there, they watched us lose to mcneese. Not sure why you brought up funds bc I didn’t. My point was they packed a 16k seat stadium, while small it was packed and probably a great atmosphere. They expanded as needed and only to a size they could still fill. Cajun field is an empty cave and has been for a long time. 30k looks mediocre in it. The students that go to app, are there for college. Our students are mostly here for school, not college. Everything about Boone NC is the college, not the case here, not even close to that environment. Again, regardless of what the administration does..WE will never be App…certainly not anytime soon and we better keep wining like the last 10 years for another 10-15 if we want any chance.

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    dont care what other schools think. no one should especially in the athletic offices. we are not other places.
    Correct we have the most p__$$yfied fan base in America. We are not other places and it’s embarrassing how much we not.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Time to ruffle some feathers boys....

Remember back in the day when we were all the craze and Nola Bowl tickets were flying out the ticket office? A certain group of people _____ed and moaned because people were coming in and donating big bucks to RCAF to get access to tickets. Why? Because we had become the "in" thing to do around Lafayette. "Last one, don't forget to turn out the lights" was a phrase I heard the night before our first bowl game. Many of you basically told new fans that they weren't welcome in the club. It's not fair to us loyal fans. Want to know what I really think? Some of you don't want a solution. You want to continue to call people that don't come to games out and say Lafayette only supports across the basin. You enjoy your tailgating spot, with your tickets and your conveniences, and don't want them threatened.

We had people begging to be supporters and you told them no thank you....
    Tell you the truth Ive been a fan since the 70s. I don’t recall anyone ever getting upset over people wanting to support the Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Correct we have the most p__$$yfied fan base in America. We are not other places and it’s embarrassing how much we not.
    Something else worth note about Boone drawing good crowds besides winning tradition. Their average temps in August and September are in the 70s. I know personally, when we dip into the 70s in the fall you can’t keep me inside.

ESPN+ and temps in the upper 90s gonna keep the casual fan home.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    It looks like the minimum donation to the RCAF to be eligible to purchase a parking pass is 100 dollars according to the website. I bet if you ask the people at that level why they give the answer would be to get the pass, more than it would be to support the athletic program. Many have said they would pay on a per game basis to park inside Cajun field. At the 100 dollar level plus the 60 buck per season it comes out to 26.66 per game. The university could charge 30 bucks per game for those that want a per game price. You could shrink some of the lots around it at the higher levels that aren't being used and make that lot bigger to accommodate more traffic. Parking problem solved.

Bottom line is you will never get the crowd we desire and have everyone park inside the gates of Cajun field.
    This right here. If its all about the appearance of full parking lots this should do it.

My brother in law finally decided to start coming to Cajun football games and tailgates this year. His company has tickets and he will tailgate at my spot so wanted to get some parking passes so I told him to go to RCAF. He gets there and wants to buy 2 parking passes. The $100 RCAF and $60 pass is for F which is on the east side by the dome so says he wants on the tailgate side parking lots. So is told to get a D pass it would $300 RCAF and the amount for the pass, okay no problem asks to buy 2 and is told that would require $1500 donation. At this point he is confused and kind of irritated bc that’s comes out to about $135 to park per game per car. So he and his wife would spend $270 to park per game. Here is the kicker, he ask well can’t I just put one in my wife’s name and one in mine we each pay $300 plus the $60…and she says you certainly can. Wtf? RCAF is a cluster and we wonder why the parking lot is half empty? Money isn’t really an issue with him either but he couldn’t believe how ridiculous the whole ordeal was.

My brother in law finally decided to start coming to Cajun football games and tailgates this year. His company has tickets and he will tailgate at my spot so wanted to get some parking passes so I told him to go to RCAF. He gets there and wants to buy 2 parking passes. The $100 RCAF and $60 pass is for F which is on the east side by the dome so says he wants on the tailgate side parking lots. So is told to get a D pass it would $300 RCAF and the amount for the pass, okay no problem asks to buy 2 and is told that would require $1500 donation. At this point he is confused and kind of irritated bc that’s comes out to about $135 to park per game per car. So he and his wife would spend $270 to park per game. Here is the kicker, he ask well can’t I just put one in my wife’s name and one in mine we each pay $300 plus the $60…and she says you certainly can. Wtf? RCAF is a cluster and we wonder why the parking lot is half empty? Money isn’t really an issue with him either but he couldn’t believe how ridiculous the whole ordeal was.
    What’s the problem? He should just hike his ass across congress if he doesn’t like it….

And some will tell you with a straight face that they welcome all who want to be fans…

That is a problem. They asked me with one donation if i wanted to buy one or 2 passes. Under trained employees will run folks off.

Wow that is crazy. When folks try to give them money sometimes it is even hard. One year they tried to say I didn't renew my RCAF and I had to send them a copy of my credit card transaction for proof. Then they just blamed their business system. You are correct it is a cluster at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    That is a problem. They asked me with one donation if i wanted to buy one or 2 passes. Under trained employees will run folks off.
    Agreed, a new customer standing there wanting to give you $420 just to park and you try making him pay $1620….TO PARK!

Welcome to the USL RCAF

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    It is kind of like the time I bought nacho at a SB game and she asked with or without cheese. I said with cheese and she said that is was an extra $2 bringing the price up to $7. When I told her the sign says nachos and cheese $5 she had to ask another work if we still charge for cheese or not. It is hilarious at times the folks running ____ like this.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information