Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Poll for work

UL Football Poll for work

So I have 216 employees where I work. Of these 216 employees 147 of them are 28 or younger. Of those 147, 113 watch college football whether on tv or in a stadium. All of these guys are from the Lafayette Metro area. When asked what college football team they watch and pull for 108 said LSU while only 5 said the Cajuns. When asked why they watch the team they do 86% answered its what their parents watched so that's how they grew up.

A separate section I had made was for the Cajuns. I asked do you watch Cajun football and only 5 replied yes. I asked if they knew the Cajuns were ranked in the TOP 25 the last 2 years and they replied with yeah but who did they play and no chance of making the National Championship.

100% of the answers said that we play no one at home so why would they want to watch us play teams like ULM, Georgia State, etc. when they can watch LSU play teams like Alabama, Florida, Georgia, etc.

My company which is in Lafayette gives LSU tickets away and not UL. The owners never attended LSU nor did their kids, more bandwagon riders. I did convince them to give UL tickets away hoping the employees will go to the games at UL and maybe start changing their minds.

I dont know what else to do to get people to the d..n games.

2. Default Re: Poll for work

It sucks but it’s fact . . .

Default Re: Poll for work

Quote Originally Posted by thecajunitalian View Post
    So I have 216 employees where I work. Of these 216 employees 147 of them are 28 or younger. Of those 147, 113 watch college football whether on tv or in a stadium. All of these guys are from the Lafayette Metro area. When asked what college football team they watch and pull for 108 said LSU while only 5 said the Cajuns. When asked why they watch the team they do 86% answered its what their parents watched so that's how they grew up.

A separate section I had made was for the Cajuns. I asked do you watch Cajun football and only 5 replied yes. I asked if they knew the Cajuns were ranked in the TOP 25 the last 2 years and they replied with yeah but who did they play and no chance of making the National Championship.

100% of the answers said that we play no one at home so why would they want to watch us play teams like ULM, Georgia State, etc. when they can watch LSU play teams like Alabama, Florida, Georgia, etc.

My company which is in Lafayette gives LSU tickets away and not UL. The owners never attended LSU nor did their kids, more bandwagon riders. I did convince them to give UL tickets away hoping the employees will go to the games at UL and maybe start changing their minds.

can we collaborate on your next survey? first things i would add is if they have kids. how old are their kids. annual income. their ideal price point for entertainment. have they ever heard of the yrcc. are they tailgating type folks. what is their residence proximity to cajunfield. and so on

i would also have a section for sun belt questions. are they aware of app st and the other good programs in the conference. are they aware that cfb is giving the cajuns a road map to a playoff birth and potentially a nc appearance. on and on

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    It sucks but it’s fact . . .
    It is man, I'm lost on what to do.

I gotten 2 coworkers to attend 90% of UL games. One is a South AL Grad the other Teaxs A&M

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    can we collaborate on your next survey? first things i would add is if they have kids. how old are their kids. annual income. their ideal price point for entertainment. have they ever heard of the yrcc. are they tailgating type folks. what is their residence proximity to cajunfield. and so on

i would also have a section for sun belt questions. are they aware of app st and the other good programs in the conference. are they aware that cfb is giving the cajuns a road map to a playoff birth and potentially a nc appearance. on and on
    I will make another one mid season with what you mentioned and add more and see if anything has changed.

Gods work right here.

How many of those 113 are college educated? Do you know where they went to school?

Maybe 1/10 are college grads. Most are from Lafayette, New Iberia, Crowley areas.

Maybe 1/10 are college grads. Most are from Lafayette, New Iberia, Crowley areas.
    Ding Ding Ding! THIS IS WHY.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    its part of it but its not the whole picture. but these are the kind of people you can appeal to their pocket books and entertainment value

12. Default Re: Poll for work

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    You rang the bell pretty loud there but I’m having a difficult time seeing the entitlement . . .

13. Default Re: Poll for work

Looks like LSU is tapped out and Louisiana has emense potential for growth.

I would expect any group surveyed to favor LSU, but I would mainly expect numbers that badly skewed in a group with less college education than more. That’s not a comment on intelligence. There’s just no tie to the schools themselves, so it would make sense that the vast majority would choose the program with several national titles over the program that just mustered up its first conference title.

15. Default Re: Poll for work

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    its part of it but its not the whole picture. but these are the kind of people you can appeal to their pocket books and entertainment value
    You will need way more than good luck there . . .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information