Thread: Sad News For Cajun Baseball Family

Default Sad News For Cajun Baseball Family

Got word that former pitcher Christopher Charpentier’s dad, Chris, passed away. I’m sure thoughts and prayers would be appreciated for the family. RIP sir.

Default Re: Sad News For Cajun Baseball Family

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Got word that former pitcher Christopher Charpentier’s dad, Chris, passed away. I’m sure thoughts and prayers would be appreciated for the family. RIP sir.
    Thanks for passing this on, do you know what happened? We will put the Charpentier family on our prayer list.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Thanks for passing this on, do you know what happened? We will put the Charpentier family on our prayer list.
    “From my understanding” Chris died in Thibodeaux General Hospital at 1:30 this morning (Tuesday). He was admitted Friday suffering with severe abdominal pain. He was observed overnight into Saturday afternoon and was administered meds. He was diagnosed with Pancreatitis and his condition quickly deteriorated due to an infection and developed Sepsis. His organs began shutting down and he had to be intubated. Chris was administered three med pressers to raise his blood pressure with his heart and organs failing. He was put on dialysis which improved his condition briefly. Chris was losing circulation and his heart eventually gave out. He was 56 years old.

Chris and his wife Sandy had just recently celebrated their 32nd anniversary on August 11th.

Please keep the Charpentier’s in your prayers.

My sympathies and prayers go out for the Charpentier family. That is WAY too young to go!

RIP Mr Charpentier

While a lot of parents get all bent out of shape and are a problem when their child is playing, Chris was one of the good guys. I do not remember him ever complaining about Christopher's playing time. He made countless trips to watch the Cajuns play. We hadn't spoken in a while, but he was a good friend, and I will miss him terribly.

I had the chance to sit by Chris and his wife a few times at games during Christopher's time here, and he was always very friendly. It's sad to hear this.

Prayers for Sandy and family. My group use to cook for the boys parents at that time I got to know Chris fairly well. Way to young RIP my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    MDM, you may know this, was Randy Charpentier related to Chris/Chris? If so man what a couple of tough losses in a short period of time.

Thread Information