Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2022 Turnover Margin

Default Re: 2022 Turnover Margin

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Great success on the TO margin. But, our defense was horrific against Rice. 3 turnovers early including a pick 6, then we fell apart. As bad as our offense was, what the hell happened to our defense in the second half, especially the 4th qtr.?
    Being on the field for 42 min is what happen

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Besides the offense doing nothing to keep the defense off the field, the defense kept themselves on the field.

While their playing off the ball directly led to Louisiana getting interceptions, it also guaranteed that the Rice offense would stay on the field if they did not get a turnover. No pressure on the QB did the same.

Which of course led to them being a shell of themselves as the game wore on.
    I dont bring up the past often, but man those 7 yard cushions took me back to bad days around here, and sure enough bad things happened on the field that game also. as terrible as the offense was, the Defense had a hand in how long they were on the field. allowing easy first downs the entire way down the field is a bad recipe for getting off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    I dont bring up the past often, but man those 7 yard cushions took me back to bad days around here, and sure enough bad things happened on the field that game also. as terrible as the offense was, the Defense had a hand in how long they were on the field. allowing easy first downs the entire way down the field is a bad recipe for getting off the field.
    I think the lack of offense was the biggest factor in our defeat, but I also very much agree with what is mentioned here. I don't understand having DB's playing 10-15 yards off of a WR when only 5-8 yards are required for a first down.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I think the lack of offense was the biggest factor in our defeat, but I also very much agree with what is mentioned here. I don't understand having DB's playing 10-15 yards off of a WR when only 5-8 yards are required for a first down.
    15 yards is a stretch.

Rice kept throwing to the wide open guy in the middle of the field.
    The Cajuns never threw to the middle of the field all day.

Game 4: -0-

Cumulative: +9 - although it no longer feels like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Game 4: -0-

Cumulative: +9 - although it no longer feels like it.
    Because the defense makes a play to get off the field, and the offense can't do anything with it.

Game 5: -1

Cumulative: +8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information