Thread: Employment - Lafayette Area

1. Default Employment - Lafayette Area

Well everyone knows that Lafayette area has been hit hard by the downturn in the O&G industry. I've recently become one of the casualties. I'm reaching out in hopes of any opportunity you may have, contact you may be able to help me with, or just general advice. Please feel free to PM me.

Brief Sum up of my Res:
    UL - B.S. Engineering - Industrial Technology(3.95 GPA in ITEC courses). (Education, and ability to learn)
    15 years in Oil & Gas with continuous progression.(Dedication, and Initiative)
    Only 2 companies over the 15 years.(Loyalty)
    Technician, Trainer, and Quality Control Roles. (Multi-discipline)

I've attached my resume below. I'm looking for an opportunity to either begin a new career path, or continue along the lines of what I've amassed thus for.

SUMMARY
    Looking for an opportunity to further my career by bringing my education and work experience in several industrial disciplines including management of employees, skills training, quality control, technical troubleshooting, and ability to work individually, as well as part of a successful team to your company.

EXPERIENCE
    MWD Services, LLC January 2012 - January 2016
    Quality Control Manager / Electronics Technician
    Implement new Customer Reporting including Failure Analysis, Root Cause Reports, and Corrective Action Reports using MS Excel, MS Word, and Adobe pdf.
    Implement new, and improve old company policies and procedures.
    Ensure part and order accuracy based off of schematics, drawings, and order.
    Ensure Inventory Control across multiple warehouse locations, and remote field locations.
    Ensure continuous improvement of technicians through ongoing training and skills reinforcement.
    Maintain a professional working relationship with all vendors (sales & technical support).
    Provide 24/7 Senior Technical Assistance to shop and field engineers.
    Train technicians and field engineers on policies and procedures.
    Perform maintenance to all Electronic Devices including disassembly, inspection, testing, and assembly.
    Testing from module level to board level of PLC’s.
    Use Oscilloscope, Insulation Tester, and Digital Multi-meter to perform voltage, current, frequency, and resistance check on electronic systems (28 volt, and 36 volt) and electrical systems (110V).
    Use general hand/power tools, as well as specialized tools for assembly and disassembly of modules.
    Use proprietary CMMS software for maintenance documentation.
    Load/Unload trucks via overhead crane, boom crane, and forklift.

Philliber Directional Drilling July 2001 - December 2011
    MWD Manager/Lead Field Engineer/Technician/Trainer
    Provide 24/7 Senior Technical Assistance to shop and field technicians.
    Train Field Engineers on policies and procedures.
    Oversaw and ensured efficiency of onsite engineering jobs.
    Ensure Inventory Control of all company assets across main location, and remote field locations.
    Use Insulation Tester, and Digital Multi-meter to perform voltage, current, frequency, and resistance check on electronic systems (28 volt, and 36 volt) and electrical systems (110V).
    Use general hand/power tools, as well as specialized tools for assembly and disassembly of modules.
    Maintain a professional working relationship with all vendors (sales & technical support).
    Load/Unload trucks via overhead crane, and forklift.
    Perform general maintenance (buffing, and painting) of downhole tubulars.

EDUCATION
    University of Louisiana at Lafayette 2005 - 2010
    Bachelor of Science (BS), College of Engineering - Industrial Technology
    3.382 GPA cumulative
    3.95 GPA in Industrial Technology courses.

SKILLS
    -Quality Assurance -Training -Troubleshooting -Teamwork -Inventory Control -Customer Reporting -Advanced Computer Skills

REFERENCES
    Available upon request

Default Re: Employment - Lafayette Area

Sorry to hear about your situation. It's real tough out there now (as you well know), but I will certainly keep my ears open and let you know if I stumble upon any type of lead! Prayers and best of luck to you and all others in your unfortunate situation.

3. Default Re: Employment - Lafayette Area

Yes indeed, it is a very difficult market. I spoke to a friend of a friend who is a Project Manager and even he said he is so inundated with Resumes that he literally just grabs at random 5 or 10 of 200 and looks at those. So not only is there many more applicants for each job but many hiring managers do like him so even a good Resume isn't cutting it anymore. I've always been taught get a good education, and work hard in order to prosper. The American Dream. Now on top of that I'm being taught that some good fortune or luck is needed too. While it seems unfair to some, I have to say I understand. If I'm in his position, he has to make a decision and can't comb through hundreds and hundreds of resumes and miss a deadline he has or his job could be in jeopardy.

How fortunate I was to have worked and retired with the same O&G company for 32 years after serving in the Navy for 8 years after graduation. Sames like those days are over, at least for now. Let's hope for a better future after Jan. 20 2017........or sooner for those like the one above. Good luck my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by G3tY4S0m3 View Post
    Well everyone knows that Lafayette area has been hit hard by the downturn in the O&G industry. I've recently become one of the casualties. I'm reaching out in hopes of any opportunity you may have, contact you may be able to help me with, or just general advice. Please feel free to PM me.

Brief Sum up of my Res:
    UL - B.S. Engineering - Industrial Technology(3.95 GPA in ITEC courses). (Education, and ability to learn)
    15 years in Oil & Gas with continuous progression.(Dedication, and Initiative)
    Only 2 companies over the 15 years.(Loyalty)
    Technician, Trainer, and Quality Control Roles. (Multi-discipline)

I've attached my resume below. I'm looking for an opportunity to either begin a new career path, or continue along the lines of what I've amassed thus for.

SUMMARY
    Looking for an opportunity to further my career by bringing my education and work experience in several industrial disciplines including management of employees, skills training, quality control, technical troubleshooting, and ability to work individually, as well as part of a successful team to your company.

EXPERIENCE
    MWD Services, LLC January 2012 - January 2016
    Quality Control Manager / Electronics Technician
    Implement new Customer Reporting including Failure Analysis, Root Cause Reports, and Corrective Action Reports using MS Excel, MS Word, and Adobe pdf.
    Implement new, and improve old company policies and procedures.
    Ensure part and order accuracy based off of schematics, drawings, and order.
    Ensure Inventory Control across multiple warehouse locations, and remote field locations.
    Ensure continuous improvement of technicians through ongoing training and skills reinforcement.
    Provide 24/7 Senior Technical Assistance to shop and field engineers.
    Train technicians and field engineers on policies and procedures.
    Perform maintenance to all Electronic Devices including disassembly, inspection, testing, and assembly.
    Testing from module level to board level of PLC’s.
    Use Oscilloscope, Insulation Tester, and Digital Multi-meter to perform voltage, current, frequency, and resistance check on electronic systems (28 volt, and 36 volt) and electrical systems (110V).
    Use proprietary CMMS software for maintenance documentation.
    Load/Unload trucks via overhead crane, boom crane, and forklift.

Philliber Directional Drilling July 2001 - December 2011
    MWD Manager/Lead Field Engineer/Technician/Trainer
    Provide 24/7 Senior Technical Assistance to shop and field technicians.
    Train Field Engineers on policies and procedures.
    Oversaw and ensured efficiency of onsite engineering jobs.
    Ensure Inventory Control of all company assets across main location, and remote field locations.
    Use Insulation Tester, and Digital Multi-meter to perform voltage, current, frequency, and resistance check on electronic systems (28 volt, and 36 volt) and electrical systems (110V).
    Load/Unload trucks via overhead crane, and forklift.
    Perform general maintenance (buffing, and painting) of downhole tubulars.

EDUCATION
    University of Louisiana at Lafayette 2005 - 2010
    Bachelor of Science (BS), College of Engineering - Industrial Technology
    3.382 GPA cumulative
    3.95 GPA in Industrial Technology courses.

SKILLS
    -Quality Assurance -Training -Troubleshooting -Teamwork -Inventory Control -Customer Reporting -Advanced Computer Skills

REFERENCES
    Available upon request

I can empathize.

DFW market is exploding with IT/Comp Engineering positions........if you have any of those to transpose into these areas you'll do very well here (I am a former MWD, so I'd say yes you do have those skills ;-)

Call me if you need to talk with me.....send me a PM & I'll give you my contact info

7. Default Re: Employment - Lafayette Area

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    DFW market is exploding with IT/Comp Engineering positions........if you have any of those to transpose into these areas you'll do very well here (I am a former MWD, so I'd say yes you do have those skills ;-)

Call me if you need to talk with me.....send me a PM & I'll give you my contact info
    ---I know that UL use to have an employment board that came out I think weekly for the whole ball of wax---My room mate got a captain's job on a crew boat and I think all he had done before was sail---LOL---Raoul can you guess who??? from LC!!!

I sure have learned to appreciate my job. Its rough out there and I am very fortunate. Hope to be fortunate enough to get through this one. Wish nothing but the best to those who are not as fortunate.

I hear he built a home in Costa Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---I know that UL use to have an employment board that came out I think weekly for the whole ball of wax---My room mate got a captain's job on a crew boat and I think all he had done before was sail---LOL---Raoul can you guess who??? from LC!!!

10. Default Re: Employment - Lafayette Area

Quote Originally Posted by raoul View Post
    I hear he built a home in Costa Rico
    --And mingles with a former DDD!!! How about all these guys getting back to their old flames??? lol

Thread Information