Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 8, SLU 1

Default Re: BB Wednesday: Louisiana vs SLU

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    30 and 9.. wow
    Diamond sports are a combined 60-24.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Who do you root for?
    I’ll bite. Making an observation about an element of the game and a recent trend for the last few outings is fair, is it not?

You’re a fan. You tell me what bunts stand out from game 3 vs. Marshall through to tonight? The pop ups, the one right back to the pitcher, the missed bunts with 2 strikes.

3. Default Re: BB Wednesday: Louisiana vs SLU

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I’ll bite. Making an observation about an element of the game and a recent trend for the last few outings is fair, is it not?

You’re a fan. You tell me what bunts stand out from game 3 vs. Marshall through to tonight? The pop ups, the one right back to the pitcher, the missed bunts with 2 strikes.
    I’m a big picture guy 23 - 9

I’m a big picture guy 23 - 9
    Then read the headlines tomorrow message boards that keep up with the game may not be your cup of tea.

5. Default Re: BB Wednesday: Louisiana vs SLU

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Then read the headlines tomorrow message boards that keep up with the game may not be your cup of tea.
    If this is your take from the two weekday games, being a Cajun’s fan might not be your cup of tea:

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Got to 0-6 in execution of the last 6 bunts. Man oh man.

6. Default Re: It's time for win #30!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    Seriously! We could not pitch, hit or field and then bam! Any ideas what flipped that switch? Because now we look like the complete package.
    Just took time for the process to work. We had a lot of new pieces early in the season and the bats were catching up, remember of our position players guys like Pastore, Torres and Alexander were brand new, Amadee, Stelly, Yuhasz, Lafleur and others were not regular contributors last season (Lafleur was due to injury). Now they have been playing for 1/2 a season plus and they have caught up.

Pitching was similar, we did not know what the weekend staff would look like, we were Martinez, Morgan and TBD, now we are Hermann, Morgan and Flune, LP has moved to the pen where he belongs, new guys are getting comfortable in their roles. New and veteran guys are coming off injuries and/or figuring out little tweaks that make them better vs certain hitters.

I can't exactly figure out the fielding change, but some of that has to do with guys playing new positions or just getting better at eliminating the mistakes. Amadee has been solid at 3rd base, his range is probably not the best over there, but he does not make big mistakes, the Higgs, Mandino, Alexander, Stelly combination has worked in the outfield to lessen some of the mistakes out there, Pastore/Amadee/Lafleur combination at the corners is working better now as well. We have one of the best middle infield combinations in the country with JT and Debo, Torres is a man behind the plate and Wargo aint to shabby, Mandino and Alexander are both really good and fast CF's. In baseball if you are good up the middle (Catcher, 2nd, SS and CF) you will be good defensively, we are really good up the middle. That and our pitchers are making it much easier to play defense when people can't hit your pitching, I think that has been the main reason our defense has improved so much.

If this is your take from the two weekday games, being a Cajun’s fan might not be your cup of tea:
    That wasn’t my takeaway. That was YOU singling out a perfectly reasonable observation made in the 4th inning.

If your approach to message boards is to single out reasonable posts and make assumptions about the poster, then sports message boards may not be your cup of tea.

Don’t think everyone who posts in a game thread about poor execution on 3rd downs, or missed free throws, failure to move a runner should just hang it up. This place wouldn’t be very constructive. Or interesting. Come to think of it, sports message boards would cease to exist.

8. Default Re: BB Wednesday: Louisiana vs SLU

Maybe I am nostalgic but I think Higgy's swing reminds me of Donnie Baseball. Let's keep it goin and take down these covid poulet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rredwkO3LDQ

9. Default Re: It's time for win #30!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Just took time for the process to work. We had a lot of new pieces early in the season and the bats were catching up, remember of our position players guys like Pastore, Torres and Alexander were brand new, Amadee, Stelly, Yuhasz, Lafleur and others were not regular contributors last season (Lafleur was due to injury). Now they have been playing for 1/2 a season plus and they have caught up.

Pitching was similar, we did not know what the weekend staff would look like, we were Martinez, Morgan and TBD, now we are Hermann, Morgan and Flune, LP has moved to the pen where he belongs, new guys are getting comfortable in their roles. New and veteran guys are coming off injuries and/or figuring out little tweaks that make them better vs certain hitters.

I can't exactly figure out the fielding change, but some of that has to do with guys playing new positions or just getting better at eliminating the mistakes. Amadee has been solid at 3rd base, his range is probably not the best over there, but he does not make big mistakes, the Higgs, Mandino, Alexander, Stelly combination has worked in the outfield to lessen some of the mistakes out there, Pastore/Amadee/Lafleur combination at the corners is working better now as well. We have one of the best middle infield combinations in the country with JT and Debo, Torres is a man behind the plate and Wargo aint to shabby, Mandino and Alexander are both really good and fast CF's. In baseball if you are good up the middle (Catcher, 2nd, SS and CF) you will be good defensively, we are really good up the middle. That and our pitchers are making it much easier to play defense when people can't hit your pitching, I think that has been the main reason our defense has improved so much.
    Good insight. I understand that teams usually get better as the season progresses but man this one just caught fire and they really look like a different set of guys. I love how it looks like they love playing for each other. Really good team chemistry.
    It seems like pitching, top to bottom, has improved the most and they look more like a Robe coached team now than they have most of Deggs time here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information