Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 27, Nicholls State 24

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 27, Nicholls State 24

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    So Levi isn’t better that he was 5 years ago?
    He didn't say that. He said after 5 years he is incapable of becoming better. In other words he has peaked. What you see if what you get and don't expect anything different.

He said it wasn’t in Levi’s dna to get better

So Levi isn’t better that he was 5 years ago?
    Marginally.. I expected with 4 years under his belt he would be alot better. Same issues . Like I said , he is what he is. He either don't see running lanes or he refuses to do it. Under pressure he wilts. Is what he is.

Remember Gauthier? He looked bad at first then learned and improved. That's what legit QB s do.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Remember Gauthier? He looked bad at first then learned and improved. That's what legit QB s do.
    Agree on Blanes improvement. He really ramped up his game. I think everyone wishes Levi ran more and played better the last 2 games. I just think statements like yours that say it’s not in Levi’s dna to improve are weak and unproductive.

Levi needs to play better for us to win out. I think and hope he can. To this point, it appears Napier agrees.

Agree on Blanes improvement. He really ramped up his game. I think everyone wishes Levi ran more and played better the last 2 games. I just think statements like yours that say it’s not in Levi’s dna to improve are weak and unproductive.

Levi needs to play better for us to win out. I think and hope he can. To this point, it appears Napier agrees.
    Not trying to argue. I apologize if I came off like that. Perhaps better terms would have been better. I was simply trying to do what everyone else thinks. Rationalize improvement over 5 years .. ��

In other words he has peaked. That is what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Right on
    Zeph, you are an intelligent man, with taste.

I am not an LL fan. I think he will always have the same stat line (2X for 3X 2XX yds 1 or 2 tds, no INT’a) but when it’s on the line he goes backwards instead of forwards…… BUT I will admit….. I was almost rooting for Lindsey Scott I liked his play and guts that much, BUT when it comes down to it LL NEVER makes that pick 6 mistake! NEVER! And that’s why Napier stays with him. I personally would love someone with a little more confidence/guts to try and be the difference. LL just try’s to not be the reason, either way. Not my personal preference but that’s the ONLY reason Naps keeps him going. Hard to believe after 4 yrs we don’t have a QB that’s even pushing him. That’s my take on why we win in the SBC but not the difference making games. (Iowa St excluded but weird year for everyone).

I think there is a lot of improvement that can be made in all aspects of this team. I also think those improvements will occur, I'm just not sure how soon.

But I am going to be there cheering them on.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

11. UL Football Why Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns football rushing offense has struggled after two games

Elevating the ground game is high on Ragin' Cajuns coach Billy Napier's to-do list following two sub-par performances to open UL's 2021 season.

Advertiser story
    no link

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    What is the source that said the defense would be in the top 25 of the country?
    Well, its going off groups of info put out there. See the attached link. We finished 30th last year in total defense returning just about the entire defense this year. Phil Steele has our secondary as the 15th best secondary in the country (Also has our OL as the 10th!) and generally speaking, saw unofficial rankings based off of what I mentioned earlier.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...veralldef/2020

13. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 27, Nicholls State 24

There was a time when fans would have paid extra to have a 300 yard passer.

I don't really like relying on my memory alone, but I'm a little lazy this morning. I think Jake averaged just over 250 ypg

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    There was a time when fans would have paid extra to have a 300 yard passer.

I don't really like relying on my memory alone, but I'm a little lazy this morning. I think Jake averaged just over 250 ypg
    When Jake played defenders could actually touch WR’s

Our run game is lacking and that is holding the offense back and putting more pressure on our defense. Hard to move the chains if you don't have a run game. LL can change that by running it more. He needs to be an integral part of the run game, which is something we saw in the later part of last season. He was quite good at making something out of nothing. He has the ability to be an excellent runner, not elite, but scary with his quickness and speed.

So, if he's not running, we have a 5' 9" pocket passer. He has a strong arm, but throwing it over the DL often causes the ball to sail due to his height. It's also a reason he doesnt' throw over the middle from the pocket very much, cuz it's hard to see over that line and you don't want to sail the ball high over the middle...ever! If we are not going to have our QB run the ball and just hand off in the running game, IMO, we'd be better off with the 6' 4" guy from CA (Wooldridge) in the pocket. Or, let's see what the other LL (LL2) can do because he is an elite runner and is 6'2". I know Chandler is a good kid and works very hard, but he's not much taller than Levi. If he would run it more than LL, that could help, but don't think he has the ability to affect the game with his legs like Levi can.

I would prefer to see more roll out pass plays with Levi which would open up his field of vision and provide an easier path to run if that's his best option. RPO. Being in the pocket is not ideal for a QB of his height. I watched Levi in HS a couple of times his senior year and in the championship game. He was always in the shotgun formation, but when he got the snap, he actually dropped back a few more yards from his starting position. I thought that was his way of seeing the field better, by moving further back. I haven't seen him do that since being in college.

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread Information