Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 31 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 27, Nicholls State 24

Default Re: Yes, the concessions were bad. Again. But...

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We need this monsoon to be over by Wednesday no later than midday.
    As of now, it SHOULD be over by Wednesday. The problem is that we are looking to get more rain.

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 27, Nicholls State 24

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    To me it was all on the offense. Nichols had 10 points until 5 minutes left in the game, defense did its job. If we could have run the ball, with our all world O line, on an FCS D line then we should have had way more points than 27. Just my worst take ever, lol.
    And we let them run up and down the field all day on us limiting our number of possessions which didn't help the offense. Like I said earlier, you can play poor defense even though not as many points are scored. I'm not sure how you can argue this. We gave up nearly 600 yards of offense. A defense that is supposed to be in the top 25% in the country shouldn't do that to an FCS team. Again, not sure how you don't admit that. The offense has its issues, particularly with the running game and at the end of the day, the defense did come up big at times not allowing them to score but I'm not sure how you can argue.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    More folks agree with me than Zephyr on this, but who is counting?
    Yeah, and many folks thought Kevin Sumlin was going to be our coach.....

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    He did have a really nice seam pass in the first but other than that it was just chucking up fade routes and hoping we would win the 50/50 ball.
    I'm not a LL devoted follower but you guys are making me sound like I am. He threw 3 perfect fade routes that would be considered downfield, one of which scored. He had a ball in the running back's hands who dropped it. He started 11 for 12 and ran two good drives to start the game. I think we would be better offensively. Our first drive of the fourth quarter was another great drive. I think with better scheming we can do more of those things but if you guys still think we're going to win primarily with the running game this year, you are wrong.

Default Re: Cajuns’ pair of transfer receivers have breakout games vs. Colonels

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    If anyone listened to one of my early podcast, I called Michael Jefferson my breakout player this year. I think he will continue to impress.
    If he gets the time he deserves you could be right. Our offense just looked different with he and Stevens in there. Oddly enough, we lost them in the mix for most of the duration of the game.

Default Re: Yes, the concessions were bad. Again. But...

We need this monsoon to be over by Wednesday no later than midday.
    What monsoon? The one that was suppose to start today? My yard is freshly mowed and my neighbor has been working on the outside of his home all day.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I'm not a LL devoted follower but you guys are making me sound like I am. He threw 3 perfect fade routes that would be considered downfield, one of which scored. He had a ball in the running back's hands who dropped it. He started 11 for 12 and ran two good drives to start the game. I think we would be better offensively. Our first drive of the fourth quarter was another great drive. I think with better scheming we can do more of those things but if you guys still think we're going to win primarily with the running game this year, you are wrong.
    I think we will win with a dynamic QB...see pretty much any of the top half of the SBC

And we let them run up and down the field all day on us limiting our number of possessions which didn't help the offense. Like I said earlier, you can play poor defense even though not as many points are scored. I'm not sure how you can argue this. We gave up nearly 600 yards of offense. A defense that is supposed to be in the top 25% in the country shouldn't do that to an FCS team. Again, not sure how you don't admit that. The offense has its issues, particularly with the running game and at the end of the day, the defense did come up big at times not allowing them to score but I'm not sure how you can argue.
    I feel like my post was pretty clear. The score was 27-10 with 5 minutes to go in the game. At that point we should have been up way more if our offensive line didn’t get BLOWN off the ball. I’m not saying the defense was perfect but our offense almost lost us the game. As I stated before lots of yards but only 10 points and the defense scored on a pick 6, they did their job this week.

Let me be clearer, they weren’t the 85 Bears defense, or as some have stated the best we’ve ever had, but they were not the problem this week.

Please let me know if I need to clarify my position further.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    I feel like my post was pretty clear. The score was 27-10 with 5 minutes to go in the game. At that point we should have been up way more if our offensive line didn’t get BLOWN off the ball. I’m not saying the defense was perfect but our offense almost lost us the game. As I stated before lots of yards but only 10 points and the defense scored on a pick 6, they did their job this week.

Let me be clearer, they weren’t the 85 Bears defense, or as some have stated the best we’ve ever had, but they were not the problem this week.

Please let me know if I need to clarify my position further.
    No, you don't. I know what you're saying but as I said, its the wrong take. You can say we made a few plays down the stretch when we had to and for some reason you continue to use the score in the fourth quarter but that same defense allowed two late touchdowns when we needed one stop. Point being, you said the defense was solid. It wasn't. We are absolutely lucky the QB gifted us an int that we returned for a TD because that's what it was, a gift. He literally got flustered and threw it to Moncrief. I think he actually thought Moncrief was one of his players initially but the point was, both sides of the ball were anything but solid.

Default Re: Cajuns’ pair of transfer receivers have breakout games vs. Colonels

Both need to play a lot more with lacy

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    LL's play in the Texas game was much worse versus this game. He made more than one impressive pass, suffered more than one dropped pass and threw more than one bad pass.

Right now, the OL is my biggest concern, and it isn't even close. Many of the most blatant misses were on the right side, which is Mitchell & Torrance, who should be our strength. If you aren't blocking, the rest won't work.

On defense, the 3rd down situation is a big issue. From my view last night, Toney was trying to bait the QB into certain throws to create TO's, instead of protecting against the 1st down marker.
    Right on

What is the source that said the defense would be in the top 25 of the country?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    I think we will win with a dynamic QB...see pretty much any of the top half of the SBC
    LL is at best the 5th or 6th best qb in the conference.

The throw to Chris Smith should have been caught. But it was a terrible throw. That route, when the ball is thrown with any zip on it, with the ball just over your head is very hard to catch.

Again, Smith should have caught it, but it wasn’t a good throw. It wouldn’t have lead to much because of where it was thrown.

The throw to Chris Smith should have been caught. But it was a terrible throw. That route, when the ball is thrown with any zip on it, with the ball just over your head is very hard to catch.

Again, Smith should have caught it, but it wasn’t a good throw. It wouldn’t have lead to much because of where it was thrown.
    Maybe we need to sit next to Zephyr because we are seeing thing that he isn't seeing.

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 31 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread Information